z

Young Writers Society

Second Sight OOC

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:34 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Hey everyone -- excited to have you! As you probably gathered, this is going to be a murder mystery roleplay. I have ~ v a g u e ~ ideas for the plot, but this is going to be a lot of collaboration and us figuring this out together as we go ^^

It's getting kind of late so I'll get a character template up tomorrow, but for now, feel free to drop any questions, ideas, or statements of interest below! We'll officially start on July 1st (provided we have enough people signed up by then) so this will count towards your "join a roleplay" if you're participating in the Checklist Challenge this year!

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:42 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

young (or old!) brilliant mind

>.> Really tempted to make an old-lady detective character for this :eyes:
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

935 Reviews

Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 am
View Likes
Shady says...

do ittttttttt <333

[they/he]

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:20 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Hello, Shady. Mind if I slid in?
She/They/Fae

“the wist i knew would never allow a straight boy in their stories” ~Omni
“Hi Omni can I request wist get the role mom friend :]" ~winter
“ah yes, fear Wist's smile :) <- speaks of layers and layers of secrets” ~mint

935 Reviews

Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:26 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Please do! Welcome aboard!

[they/he]

461 Reviews

Reviews: 461
Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:28 am
View Likes
Horisun says...

This looks really cool! I've never done a roleplay before though, is that okay?
She/Her

31 Reviews

Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:31 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

I’m sure it is! Shady, Mint, and I can walk you through it. Welcome aboard!
She/They/Fae

672 Reviews

Reviews: 672
Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:10 pm
View Likes
Plume says...

Been having RP withdrawals ever since LSS ended and this seems very promising!! Mind if I join up too?
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:35 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

This roleplay looks really cool! I'm not sure I'll do it, but I do have a question for you if I do: is this firmly grounded in realism? Or would I theoretically be able to sneakily slide someone a little bit magical in?
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:01 pm
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

Sliding in here to say this looks AWESOME and I’m excited to see what you do with it! Also to say to @Horisun, if you’re a new roleplayer, you could consider joining Roleplay Buddies! We’ll match you up with an experienced roleplayer (or multiple, if you prefer a group) to help guide you through your first experience! This also looks like it’s filling up with some pretty talented people who I bet would be more than happy to help you :]
he/she/they

winter you are an adorable bean and I love your bad social awareness xD ~Omni
omni played robin hood, stole winter's brain cell ~Silver
winter is the only person who would survive the machine uprising ~Europa

935 Reviews

Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:20 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

@Horisun that is absolutely okay! As Wisteria and winter said, we are more than happy to help you along (and I’m also really excited for RP buddies as well but you definitely don’t have to participate there to get help here ^^ though I do recommend it, it’s a blast)

It’s pretty easy to RP once you get the hang of it! Basically, we all bring our own characters and then work together to build a storyline that we navigate through (I’ve got a very loose outline, but it’s going to be a lot of collaboration because I definitely don’t have a clear structure laid out). I will post a character profile template later today that will have basics about the character that you are bringing that you fill out and share with all of us. You can bring a character that already exists (from your novel, short story, etc. whatever you write that you’ve developed a character for)(with or without minor tweaks to make them fit) or you can create a brand new character for this — completely up to you!

Tomorrow I will write an intro post to get us started and sort of set the opening scene. Then each of you will write an intro post that gets your character to the meeting place (it’s nice if you can get them to interact with another character or at least in the same room so that someone else will be able to engage with them and give you something to build off of with your next post, but definitely not required!). Feel free to wait for other(s) to post before you so that you get an idea of what intro posts are typically like ^^

@Plume ayyy yes! Glad to have you!

@Magebird that’s fine! I am planning for it to be mostly realistic so preferably none of the other characters will know, but if you want some sneaky magical asides (that aren’t OP obvi) then that’s totally chill!

@winterwolf0100 thanks!! I’m so excited that people are in to the idea and am very pleased that we already have such a great crew going :’)

[they/he]

935 Reviews

Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:06 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Hey y'all! So sorry for the delay -- just now got to my laptop after work/grocery shopping/dinner/meetings. But! Here is the template, as promised. I suggest you all wait until the 1st in your timezone so that you can count this profile towards your checklist challenge (see? joining this RP is a good idea, you'll be able to tick off a lot of the challenges right away ;) )

@Horisun if you have any questions please feel free to ask here or in a DM if you're more comfortable with that! Happy to elaborate.

Spoiler! :
Name:
Pronouns:

Appearance:

Personality:

Brief History:

Other:

Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Pronouns:[/b]

[b]Appearance:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Brief History:[/b]

[b]Other:[/b]

Also tagging @Spearmint (I am not sure if that was a solid declaration of interest, but you should definitely join either way -- consider this positive peer pressure xD)(but also lemme know if you don't wanna, either way is cool, just wanna know), @WeepingWisteria, @Plume, @Magebird (consider this your peer pressure, too ;) )

Also, please make sure you're subscribed to this thread if you're planning to join! Moving forward I won't tag you specifically unless it appears you didn't see something ("liking" posts is helpful in that regard as well -- but not required!) so to get the notification you'll need to be subscribed ^-^

I'M EXCITED Y'ALL!!!

[they/he]

31 Reviews

Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:40 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Gah! I’m so excited too! It’s still the thirtieth for me for about six and a half hours, so I can’t do my profile now. But I’m very excited to participate nonetheless!
She/They/Fae

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:54 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

@Shady I am definitely interested ;) I'll get a character profile up tomorrow! :D
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

935 Reviews

Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:02 am
View Likes
Shady says...

@Spearmint ayyyyy 8) Glad to hear that! I wasn't sure haha I will look forward to seeing what character you come up with! Same for you Wisteria (and everyone else!)

I am highkey struggling to settle on a character for my own rp smh I honestly may create a new one for this, we shall see...

[they/he]

Nothing is impossible, for the word itself says, 'I'm possible!'
— Audrey Hepburn