z

Young Writers Society

Peach and Mango Updates and OOC Discussion.

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:11 pm
BeingRivy says...

Roleplay Duo link: https://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=191&t=113744
Last edited by BeingRivy on Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

158 Reviews

Reviews: 158
Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:02 pm
Hkumar says...

Asking for help and then copy pasting the post highlighting how much you hate yourself is definitely not the best thing to do if you genuinely want someone to take interest in it. I'm no therapist or philosopher and to speak about finding meaning of one's life, I'm not the right person to enlighten you. Whatever little piece of knowledge I could've shared, I did it in my previous comments.

Lets just focus on the RP. But remember don't end up feeling hurt or disheartened at any point if you feel this is not coming out excellent. Let's just try and aim at improving ourselves.

Also, just some rules for the rp if you too agree, avoid anything that's too triggering like violence, mature contents that could give it a 18+ rating. Let's keep it 12+.

From your first post I assume the story involves fruits as characters and the peach is the character you are going with who definitely loves pranking. Have you any more ideas about the setting. Perhaps some adventure or a quest, something magical or anything. I will surely throw in some character of mine (a fruit ofcourse) and let's see their interaction. :D
I only put my signature on big cheques.

12 Reviews

Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:26 pm
BeingRivy says...

I have writers block. Sorry I went off the site for too long. I have too many notebooks to handle with and it’s not easy using them all in one day. And it’s next to impossible. What can I do with all my notebooks and where should I save my empty notebooks?
Anyways, even thought my writers block is on, I still have my plot of my story. my setting for this is in a farmhouse with farm animals. The fruit can walk and talk and is living. I want it to make it an adventure, and a life changing journey. I want the story to be about a pranking peach who ends up with a buttcrack injury and ruins the friendship of his friends. He ends up in a nightmare until he meets a girl who shows him the meaning of self love and acceptance. Then he still has the buttcrack, but realizes that buttcrack transforms himself into a human. And then he became a friends with his fruits again and his new friend, the farm girl who met the peach.
Thanks for the reminder @Hkumar, I’ll do my best. (Just what do you mean by“Dear you need to be more mature or else you will never be able to understand life.”?
From, @BeingRivy .

158 Reviews

Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:58 pm
Hkumar says...

Haha, I think I suffer from a far bigger writer's block than you. (and also the most unorganized person) I'm thinking of introducing a mango as another character (named Slice) who would accompany peaches in his journey. I'll drop my post soon in the main thread. (I suffer even more with my writings and daily stuff so please forgive me if I'm too slow with my responses) Your plot looks quite interesting to me. I hope I will be able to match you.

Spoiler! :

Just what do you mean by“Dear you need to be more mature or else you will never be able to understand life.”?

This was in context of your comment that I put in quotes in that PM. I did try to explain my point further with below lines.
[quotes]
From where or who told you that to make others happy you got to brainwash them like aliens? Dear this sounds so childish? Tell me a living example of this scenario. If that were the case some perfect writer in the world would have just written something on some piece of paper and send to Russia's President to brain wash him so that the current war could be stopped. This doesn't make any sense at all.
[/quotes]
Again and again asking ways to make every single one happy (that too like brainwashing them??) is what's immature. It's very kind of you to think about happiness of others but at the same time hurting your mental health by seeking something too unrealistic is not good. Unrealistic because I have already told you that it's simply impossible to make everyone happy with your work and I tried to cite so many examples. (Dan Brown, JK Rowling, Naomi Osaka). In your first post of your RP also you mentioned that you wanted to fix your sub conscious but then again in that very same post you tried to loath and blame yourself for your failures. You could have chosen to skip the negative and yet you went for it. You will again ask the same thing about how to remove this negativity but the bottom line is it's in your hand. Nobody forced you to write those out. It's natural to sometimes breakdown and write about the the negative things going in your life. But only to take the burden out of your chest. If you give more limelight to them, it's like adding fuel to fire.

Being mature and understanding the meaning of life is that you have to realize this truth that everyone is fighting a battle in their personal lives. If I will go on making a list of my failures you will think that I'm a bigger loser based on how you have been interpreting yourself. I too am a big procrastinator, I fail to achieve the simplest targets in my daily tasks. People have treated me horribly. I too feel bad and negative and have to fight huge battle of self-conflicts. I even fail to gather strength to write a full post for YWS describing my anxiety. Even at this moment of typing this post I'm checking if my Psychologist is available online or not bcos I've been feeling depressed and lost again. There was a time when I also used to criticise and blame myself all the time, but it just proved out to be even worse for my mental health. Now I have spend tremendous energy in avoiding such hate speeches for myself, that doesn't mean that I've become a successful person now, but atleast I have stopped adding fuel to my inner-fire that was causing me harm.

362 Reviews

Reviews: 362
Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:06 pm
View Likes
Fishr says...

Spoiler! :
kumar is right. We all have our crosses to bear and our own personal demons running amuck. It takes maturity for stepping back and learning to accept that the person is not alone and each has their own difficult situation they have to deal with. It also takes maturity not broadcasting personal stuff that involves mental illness, and in veritably expect sympathy and praises because you yourself are having troubles. Maturity is accepting the cards dealt to you. I said once I’ll say it again: I’ve been diagnosed with PTSD, clinical depression, OCD, ASD. My world can be very bleak but I work through it with professional help, so stop whining and asking everyone on here to do everything for you. Also, please stop repeating and telling us how much your life stinks because we’re not interested. Thank you.

All that said, I will be following along from the sidelines reading this RP just because the characters are fruit, which is totally cool.
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

158 Reviews

Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:54 pm
Hkumar says...

The site has been acting weird because of some server issues and I wasn't able to come back for the post. Sorry about that.

Coming back to the RP, I will suggest we should write posts with POV of our own characters. This way we'll able to manage them more properly. I mean this is what usually writers do in RPs. Like your posts should be from POV of Palmer and based on your actions I will try to come up with Slice's reaction in my post. Of course we are free to interpret and analyze the other character but not make any sudden drastic changes. We can even have shorter posts, some with just replies. No problem in that. I hope that sounds reasonable to you :) (you can have a look on some other RP duos t get an idea)

Apart from that coming to the plot, I was wondering if you had any thoughts about how we can make things exciting :D How about going out of the farm, somewhere far away for any adventure. We can come up with some quest. In my recent post I tried to gave a hint about some fruit who is an outsider. He might influence Slice to explore the outside world by telling her about his own journeys. I'm sure peaches would try to eavesdrop into what they are going to discuss >.> You can share your thoughts here before we proceed.

12 Reviews

Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:26 pm
BeingRivy says...

Hey, Hkumar,
Good idea I’ll try to make the characters with the proper POV (point of view?). I’ll do my best. Thank you. Actually I never thought about the characters point of view before, and to me it’s not easy, but I have to try. As in try my best with making the characters experience something and someone.
Wow that’s also a good idea, your idea on making a quest for Palmer and Slice. I actually never thought about it, but we can definitely do make adventures outside the farm. I have ideas:

-pirates on a lake or ocean (and seeing the different sea creatures, like fish, sharks, mermaids, and skeletons, and ships)
-land of sweets (contradicts the story but maybe it can have good themes in it, like don’t eat way too much sugar)
-jungle or rainforest (Full of different animals and insects, some are nice, and some are just mean)
-traveling by plane to different countries meeting other fruits (like durian, lychee, guava, papaya, and other fruits and vegetables)
-carnival or amusement park (meeting foods and toys from the areas of the place)

I really don’t know which ones to take. But you can write back what do you think. Also while giving them adventures, we need to place part of the plot in one of the first posts of this forum: “ Palmer ends up in a nightmare and ends up with almost no friends, until he meets a farm girl who shows him the meaning of self love and acceptance. Then he still has the buttcrack, but realizes that buttcrack transforms himself into a human.”
And yeah, so far so good. Thanks @Hkumar. :D
From, @BeingRivy

158 Reviews

Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:16 pm
Hkumar says...

I like your ideas Rivy. It's totally up to us what are things we can add in the RP. It's not a problem even if the pace is a bit slow, we can manage it. Jungle will be interesting as we can expect there could be animals and we'll see how our characters face them (and eventually defeat them >.>) Meeting different fruits will also be fun (we can add some more characters that could accompany them both on their journey). And yes I have kept in mind you original plot. We can have some accident during the journey that could hurt Palm and maybe give some reason because of which he splits with his new friends. Instead of giving a lecture on self-love and acceptance, we can have certain situations/ life changing events that would help him realize it. We'll have to think about the interaction of the farm girl later as how and where they meet. :)

You don't have to panic. I saw your post about POV. If I'm not replying immediately to your posts that's just because I'm dealing with my own problems. No one else is going to write or learn on behalf of you. You will learn with experience and experimenting. I told you that you can look through other Roleplays and try to read some posts.

Here's one Murder on Deck I was part of long ago. If you slowly read the posts and try to analyze you will understand each user is writing about their own character in a setting. The user is describing the thought process, the actions and the situation of that character. Eventually they are meeting each other and based on the action of one user, the other character is giving reactions.

You don't have to worry about it now, after 10-15 posts you might get used to it. No hurry
What am I supposed to add in a character? Everything until it's perfect?

Just delete this idea of having everything 'perfect'. No one can achieve this. Just add whatever relevant things you feel like. Don't take any pressure, nobody is here to judge you, we are just learning and experimenting here.
(Also, it's not nice to again and again tag people. if they want they will respond, nobody is obliged to do it every time. Everyone is busy with their own problems just like you. Anyone's advice will not work unless you are willing to accept and work on yourself otherwise you will just end up creating more problems for yourself. )

12 Reviews

Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:46 pm
BeingRivy says...

Hi Hkumar,
I’ll try not to tag you with the ‘at’ symbol, and I apologize for me doing that for too long. And thank you for the truth, I’ll do my best reading other roleplays and to tell you the truth, I know I can do this.
And yes, you do not need to reply to the post that I tagged, I got a response, and it’s good enough for me to follow. And let’s still make the roleplay we’re trying to make a good roleplay that we’re interested in.
The “murder on deck” roleplay is really good. I think the pirate themed roleplay seems interesting to read. And I feel like I need to read more of it, but I’ll try to analyze it.
And I’m so sorry I made the titles of the roleplay and out of character discussion based on your name and my name. It’s just that, I din’t know what to call the roleplay and now it’s permanently stuck with those names. And I din’t want to hurt you feelings.
Hope you are ok. From, BeingRivy

12 Reviews

Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:07 pm
BeingRivy says...

Also I managed changed the name of the roleplay so that it’s better suitable with the roleplay story and POV (same link):

Crazy as a Peach, Wind Fallen like a Mango

158 Reviews

Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:52 pm
Hkumar says...

I like the new name :D

Also, I was thinking of using a coconut who will influence Slice with his stories. People treat him like an outcast, a weirdo because of the tales he's been telling about the outside world. (he came floating in a river and crossed jungles).

Edit: After some more thoughts I think I might add that the coconut came from some distant island. First being washed away by the ocean on some distant shore and then he decided to travel further on his own and somehow ended up in the farm. I'll put the post when I get time tomorrow. You can have your post based on what Slice just said to palmer. I hope Slice isn't acting too rude >.> You might make him silently follow her or make him wonder why Slice is behaving this way. Palmer's fun attitude and Slice's serious nature will definitely compliment each other later in the story ;)
Just relax and don't take much stress about it. :)

158 Reviews

Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:20 pm
Hkumar says...

I just noticed your edits. I liked Palmer's character profile :D Sorry I didn't make one for Slice. I'll do it later.

Also, can you change the name of this OOC thread as well so that both the RP and this one become identical. One more request, if you could edit and add the link of OOC in the first post of RP and the link of RP in the first post of OOC so that it's easier to switch between the two while working :P

12 Reviews

Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:05 pm
BeingRivy says...

Hi Hkumar,
Here is the Character template you asked for:

Code: Select all
Character Template
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender/Sexuality:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Strengths:[/b]
[b]Weaknesses:[/b]
[b]Other:[/b]

158 Reviews

Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:22 pm
Hkumar says...

Thank you so much Rivy and also thanks for adding those links :) Also, I saw the colourful title, it's really pretty <3
I'll give a thought on the overall personality traits of Slice and other features & then add them. I noticed that Palmer is good with maps, so that's definitely going to be helpful for Slice ;)

12 Reviews

Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:53 pm
BeingRivy says...

Hi @Hkumar,
Everything is fine now, but i feel upset about something: no one in YWS wants to listen to me. I'm the sore loser. I don't want to point any fingers, but no one invites me to chats, no one in #22in22 likes me or even pays any attention to me.
Please teach me how to fix my subconscious and how to stop crying and calm down myself, it may not be fixed in a day, but I really want to be a better writer and shoujo comic artist. The good news is I'm trying to work on shoujo manga comics. No... not series, I mean the kind of shoujo manga where they have short stories, one shots, and comedy gag, 4 koma, and adventure and humorous/comedy genres.
I may have to try to finish the mango and peach story some other day and delay it, because I can't do everything in one day. I want to write more but now's not a good time. I'll read whatever your message here is on Friday, People in my life want to do everything now now now now now! I'm sick and tired of people telling me to do whatever they want me to do, I want to do things for myself.
I'm too stressed and busy, i have summer school, I also want to do the right thing, but no one listens to my directions and like me.
Thanks.
Please like me.
from, BeingRivy.

"Sometimes even shooting stars find wishes that miss their marks."
— TryHardNinja