@SirenCymbaline thanks! I'm looking forward to it too :D

When will we begin? Any idea?
just hang in there for a little bit longer :smt006

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Sat May 28, 2022 10:33 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

I was going to draft my first post once our host put out the stage-setting first post placing the prince in the room. I've basically got Leo figured out (royal tailor, his name is Leonardo Esset) so once we get going I can toss him in. Any further characters by me can be added in later posts.

At least that's my plan, I'm not sure if just anyone can start posting just yet. I think we may want to iron out some of these character details first.

Also, @LadyMysterio , I'm about 95% certain we're still accepting, so I don't think anyone will mind you joining the scheming. I'd be glad to collude with you about interweaving character backstories if you want to add some intregue and built in dynamics for the story. I've got a royal tailor character, so castle staff, and a foreign royal who's still very much in workshop. You don't gotta scheme if you don't wanna just opening the option for ya

Also also, I presume this takes place in peacetime since the prince's singleness isn't being used to try to secure any alliances or anything and it seems most if not all of the nearby kingdoms showed up to this fun little party, but do correct me if I'm wrong about that.

I am scheming a while lot over here lol
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Sun May 29, 2022 1:12 am
View Likes
LadyMysterio says...

@themulticoloredcry ok cool! I love scheming hehe. I'm thinking my characters some sort of foreign lady, a very ~mysterious~one too. I still gotta figure out the rest of her XD
I know my worth, anyone else opinion doesn't really matter
-Agent Carter

95 Reviews

Sun May 29, 2022 1:34 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Sounds like fun! My young royal has yet to have an established personality, as much of it hinges on the attitude of the kingdom their visiting concerning LGBT identity and whether or not I get control of the kingdom from which they come, yada yada, but we could have some kind of history between the characters from back when they were kids if you'd like. Make things interesting

he/they

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Sun May 29, 2022 3:48 am
View Likes
clarevelyn13 says...

Hi everyone! I'd usually have a reply up by now but today has been...well, a day. Sorry for the delay!

@TheMulticoloredCyr I love the idea of visiting characters because it makes sense that visitors would be coming to this big event, not just from inside the kingdom obviously. Absolutely, you can have control over the culture, lore, etc. from their kingdom! You could even collab with @LadyMysterio on that stuff if you guys end up having some sort of history between your charries! For characters' sexuality, that is fine if you'd like yours to be LGBT. I like the idea of them being the sibling of a potential love interest - I think that will make for a cool dynamic and help to "interconnect" the guests.

Respectfully, I would rather that the princes are all straight, and I have written them to all have wives. Not trying to rub anyone the wrong way here, but think pretty traditional as far as the kingdom goes.

Yes, of course! Kenneth is now Julian @SirenCymbaline

Welcome to Xanthia @Ayme and @LadyMysterio ! Absolutely you can join. @Ayme I like the backstory on Prince Harold! He sounds perfect for the antagonist role I had in mind. Looking forward to seeing your charrie too @LadyMysterio !

Also good point @TheMulticoloredCyr - this story is taking place in peacetime, that makes the most sense! Perhaps one of the older brothers' marriages brought an alliance.

As far as beginning this roleplay, I'd like to as soon as possible! I don't have a set date/time for starting, but I am working on my bios and first post stuff for Theo and the Queen. I'd like to have that posted by sometime tomorrow (sorry if that sounds a while away) if not sooner. It will be something to help set the stage a little more and have Theo and her majesty getting ready shortly before the guests arrive (would be a perfect spot for our wonderful royal tailor Leo to interact too!). They can be roleplayed as on their way or approaching the castle though, I don't want to make people wait on posting if they're ready. Probably best to finish ironing out details as Cyr said. Honestly, even as we progress I would still accept newcomers to join the masquerade!

Okay, I think I got everything, lol.
Last edited by clarevelyn13 on Sun May 29, 2022 4:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Sun May 29, 2022 4:06 am
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

I just got a brainwave

Perhaps one of the older brothers' marriages brought an alliance.

What if Julian's marriage bought an important alliance and it's kind of considered his one achievement in life and it's tempting to write him off for being such a dumbass in general but he secured this one crucial alliance just by wooing the eccentric princess from a kingdom that Xanthia was previously on dangerously thin ice with

and if anything the fact that he did One Helpful Thing makes him more annoying because now you have to respect him just a little bit even though you literally just found him half passed out under the table reading your diary

Just an idea I had, I'll keep it if people like it and if you think it can fit with your idea of the canon so far!
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Sun May 29, 2022 4:32 am
View Likes
clarevelyn13 says...

XD hahah “reading your diary”

I think it fits! Love it.

Also, if anyone else wants to play a prince and have his marriage have been for alliance there can totally be multiple. I feel like that’s realistic.

Also also I would like to iron out the distinctions between the princes whether we have them all being played by users officially or not. If a few of them need to be kinda just more background characters who come in with a dialogue every once in a while, I think that would be okay..

56 Reviews

Sun May 29, 2022 4:12 pm
View Likes
LadyMysterio says...

@theMulticoloredCyr ooh yeah, maybe their family's know eachother or have some sort of connection and so our characters met through out their childhood years and are fairly aquinted with each other. Im thinking my character comes from a European type country. Maybe like Germany or France.

@SirenCymbaline I love that idea XD
-Agent Carter

95 Reviews

Sun May 29, 2022 5:31 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Maybe their respective kingdoms were close allies which were in talks while they were young, most probably in connection to the tensions that Siren's prince's marriage diffused.

Like, in my head it goes like this:

-Xanthia (kingdom where the ball takes place) is in tension with [Kingdom B] roughly ten years previous to the RP

-The tension builds for years, during which time [Kingdom C (mine)] and [Kingdom M (@LadyMysterio 's)] often meet, during which time our characters would be preteens-teenagers

-after the marriage [C] and [M] stop meeting as often, so our characters won't have seen each other in a few years at least before this event.

I'm thinking maybe just before they stopped seeing each other as often, they may have had a falling out of some kind, just to add tension. The bigger the falling out the more tense it is so I'm thinking something that would be fairly major for the characters. My character will have been around 15 at the time I think - that is if the princes of Xanthia are all about a year apart and got married around the same age - so that might influence the sorts of fillings out they might have.

My character would have been a mischievous and chaotic child, which may have escalated in their teen years. Maybe my character was planning something grand and dramatic, or doing something risky and your character revealed it to my character's family (to protect them/stop them from getting hurt). Like, my character could have been fooling around with a known dangerous criminal - a pirate most likely because pirate - and planning to run away with them, for example, and your character could have seen that for the massive red banner that it is and revealed the plot to keep my character safe, for example.

Or something else, I don't know enough about your character yet to scheme up very many possibilities, but whatever it was it could have been covered up. Like, it was well known that our characters were close friends, and that had become a sort of political symbol of their kingdoms' alliance, so they have to continue to publically perform being close.

So at the ball we have these two people who have very complicated but negative leaning feelings about each other who haven't spoken in years, who now have to perform being besties.

What do you think?

he/they

56 Reviews

Sun May 29, 2022 5:47 pm
View Likes
LadyMysterio says...

hum yeah i like that idea.
My character an only child, so she's the sole heir to her family name. So shes a weird mix of having to be the "perfect child" (which now that she's older she's sorta outgrown and just become more resentful, schemey and clever,). However, she still wants the family name. I could see her doing that in the past, both because she feared for the safety of your character, and because she probably didn't understand not just being "the good child" but she's still angry about it due to losing your character as a friend.
Having them try to act as besties would definitely be interesting. Especially since my characters probably changed a lot since they'd last talked.
-Agent Carter

95 Reviews

Sun May 29, 2022 6:12 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

That actually works out perfectly! If the 'for their safty' motive doesn't fit, you needn't be shackled to it. I was just filling in a motive, it's possible your character wouldn't have even thought about how that wouldn't be a good idea for safety reasons - teens tend not to think about those kinds of things - and just had the motive you specified.

My character will have held that grudge because of the consequences, which I don't think your character would have been fully aware of, so they'll be a lot more bitter about it than your character will probably understand.

I'm thinking your character might have been under the assumption they my character would get, like, a slap on the wrist, basically just get a talking to and be grounded for a little while, and since all communication stopped, she wouldn't know that anything else happened.

My character, who is 19 at the time of the ball, will be going by a different name and have gained a reputation for being reclusive and quiet.

he/they

56 Reviews

Sun May 29, 2022 7:10 pm
View Likes
LadyMysterio says...

hum yeah, that's true. i'll stick with the other motive then, seems more fitting. and yes they probably were under that assumption.
I'm thinking that she's still mad because to her it would seem like your character overreacted to her telling on them. oh hum I should figure out what age my character is now. I'm thinking around the same age as yours, maybe 18? Old enough that shes fairly independent and is starting to have the duties that'd prepare her for being the head of the family, but young enough that she is still is a bit mischievous, but she also has to keep a good reputation since shes the heir.
-Agent Carter

95 Reviews

Sun May 29, 2022 7:29 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

That sounds perfect!

he/they

Teach a man to fish, he eats for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, you eat for a day. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.
— Ron Swanson (Parks and Rec)