RevMo 2021

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:49 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

Announcing #RevMo 2021!

What's RevMo, you ask? Review Month!

Review Month is where all YWSers, young and old, come together to dedicate their ink, sweat, and tears (of joy!) to reviewing for the entire month of September! Individually, your grand challenge is to write 50 reviews between September 1st and 30th, though individually you can set whatever personal review goals you'd like!

Collectively, our site-wide goal this year is 1,400 reviews during the month of September! Any review you contribute towards this goal is hugely appreciated, and if you meet our review levels throughout the month you are elligible for a temporary colored username!!!!

Each week you have the chance to meet the review challenge to earn the username color. (i.e. If you write 10 reviews by Sept. 7th you get a pink username; if you miss the first deadline but get 10 reviews by the 21st you still earn a sweet temporary pink username!)

THE GOALS

All dates and times are automatically adjusted to your timezone!

Week One Goal: 10 reviews - first deadline
Reward: deep pink

Week Two Goal: 20 reviews - first deadline
Reward: true orange

Week Three Goal: 35 reviews - first deadline
Reward: medium sea green

Week Four Goal: 50 reviews - deadline
Reward: indigo

As always, all reviews must be non-spam, and your focus should be on quality over quantity! We've assembled some Review Tips and guidelines on how to Avoid Review Spam to help you write thoughtful critiques!

Additionally, anyone who completes one review every day of September will be eligible to earn a dark cyan username for the first 2 weeks of October as a reward for winning Team Tortoise!

BUT WAIT! There's more...

Stay tuned to see the super snazzy badges that you can earn, too, alongside your temporary colorful usernames!

We also will be hosting the 2nd annual Official RevMo Banner Contest !

And, as in the past, we are also hosting an official Checklist Challenge and anyone who completes the challenge will be eligible to receive the Checklist Challenge Badge along with all the other rewards, so be on the lookout for more information about that as we get nearer to September!

Head on over to the RevMo Club to join your fellow RevMo-ers as we gear up for a month full of fun, friendship, and reviews! Watch the club for more information on contests, workshops, write-ins, and encouragement throughout the month!

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:35 pm
View Likes
kattee says...

YAS YAS YAS #Longlivedeeppink and it’s the first checkpoint as well!! I appreciate you mouldy mods for this <3 <3
If you want some sweet reviews to your poems, short stories, and essays, come by Katteelogue.

Have a lovely day❤️

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:48 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Information about the Checklist Challenge below! This is separate from the color challenge but another way you can challenge yourself this September with a chance to earn some awesome prizes!

alliyah wrote:The Checklist Challenge is back for Review Month, brought to you this year by myself, Liberty, Liminality, Que, & SpiritedWolfe! Give it a try to win some of the greatest prize packages ever and challenge yourself to do different types of reviews during the month! It's a lot of fun to see how many you can do, so be sure to check it out. :elephant:

Link to original comment
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

311 Reviews

Reviews: 311
Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:15 am
View Likes
Riverlight says...

yay dark cyan is back!!!
The politics of the world may be corrupt, but that does not mean that we must be corrupted ourselves.

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:22 am
View Likes
LadyTano says...

So when we reach the goals, will we automatically get the colors or will we have to ask for them?

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:24 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Hey @MieczAutorski good question! You'll get them at the end of the week that you earned them. So it won't be immediate, but you don't have to ask for them. We'll be keeping an eye on the leaderboard and giving out colors at each deadline :)

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:23 am
View Likes
ForeverYoung299 says...

I have a question. Suppose if I do 20 reviews in the first week and no reviews in the 2nd week, will that count to 20 at the end of the 2nd week? And also, what is the exact meaning of "first deadline"?

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:03 am
View Likes
EsmerayaRose says...

Something like this??

Spoiler! :
Untitled (5).jpg
I promise this type of pain only gets worse
~Esmeraya~

she/they

78 Reviews