z

Young Writers Society

Group 3 [OOC]

4095 Reviews

Reviews: 4095
Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:10 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

This took wayyyyy too long for me to get around to...but..uh, heyy everyone. We're group 3 from the second pairing of RP Buddies. Everyone up to do this?

Tagging everybody,

@Liminality
@Spearmint
@Valkyria
@sakeofvanity05
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

243 Reviews

Reviews: 243
Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:24 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Yeah, definitely!! :D also no worries about the taking a while; it's on us too xD i should really stop being so lazy... Anyways, potential ideas, anyone? Would you all prefer fantasy, sci-fi, realistic, historical, or something else? c:
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

542 Reviews

Reviews: 542
Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:45 am
View Likes
Liminality says...

Ooh sci-fi or space opera style sounds interesting, but I'd be cool with any other option!
she/her

Have you met my friend, The Story Review Template?

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:36 am
View Likes
Valkyria says...

I’d be down for sci-fi too!
There is always something left to love.
- One Hundred Years of Solitude

4095 Reviews

Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:02 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Awesome!!

Hmm...I don't mind sci-fi either!! :D
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

542 Reviews

Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:14 pm
View Likes
Liminality says...

Great! Here are some plot ideas/ bunnies to get the ball rolling:

- an intergalactic pen pal service (that's just lost its best delivery person and needs to hire a new one)
- a setting in the administration of an intergalactic mall where different alien races encounter each other and sometimes there's conflict
- something on earth, where someone has created robots that can think and feel on their own
she/her

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:20 pm
View Likes
Valkyria says...

I love all those ideas, but I'm leaning towards the pen pal service! There is a lot of opportunity for comedy there!
There is always something left to love.
- One Hundred Years of Solitude

4095 Reviews

Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:46 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Hmm...

Those are indeed all great ideas.

I'm also leaning towards the pen pal thing...we could maybe make the roleplay with our characters being the ones trying out for the position or something?
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

542 Reviews

Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:29 am
View Likes
Liminality says...

I like that idea, @HarryHardy! Would we have one of the characters be the person who's selecting the replacement delivery person, or have it be a mysterious organisation doing the selections . . . ? Or something else?
she/her

243 Reviews

Reviews: 243
Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:16 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

YES I love the pen pal idea!! Having a mysterious organization sounds intriguing too, and perhaps it's a little wacky as well as being mysterious (I'm thinking kind of a Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy kind of vibe?). Also, maybe some application requirements/recommendations could be: know how to drive an ice cream truck (optional, but highly recommended), be between -19 and 4200 years old, and make sure to bring at least twenty pens to the interview (those pesky pens seem to lose themselves sometimes...). Just throwing some possibilities out there! :P
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

4095 Reviews

Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:23 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Oooh, a bit of a mysterious organization vibe is always fun :D That route seems fun, we could have it be like precorded things or AI's telling the applicant's what to do...

Also YES to the wacky requirements, the potential is endless...
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Meet me in Montauk.
— Charlie Kaufman