Young Writers Society

What do you like about roleplaying?

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:33 pm
View Likes
Carina says...

Is it fleshing out a character? Collaborative writing? Being surprised with plot? I'm curious to hear why you love to RP!
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—InuYosha

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:28 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I think it's a mix of fleshing out my characters and writing with other people. One of my favorite things to do when roleplaying is write a series of roleplays with the same set of characters. I love seeing how my characters develop as they interact with other people's characters—especially if they've come to see those other characters as close friends.

Besides that, I really love being an evil DM who surprises the other writers in my roleplays with some fun, unexpected plot twists. ;) I might not get to them all during the actual roleplay, but I love the possibility of it!
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:45 am
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

I love getting to write with other people and keep the story alive, even if I momentarily lose inspiration for it. Other people have ideas, and it makes it so much easier to keep a story moving than trying to write on my own and getting stuck for a while trying to think of what comes next.

Very close in the running is developing characters because I love all of my characters a ton.
he/she/they

winter you are an adorable bean and I love your bad social awareness xD ~Omni
omni played robin hood, stole winter's brain cell ~Silver
winter is the only person who would survive the machine uprising ~Europa

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:35 am
View Likes
Omni says...

I absolutely love the feeling when a group of writers are all passionate about the same project, and I have only got that energy from a roleplay. That energy is palpable, and something every writer should experience at least once.

Another one is that feeling when everything comes clicking into place naturally when you're brainstorming with a group. When everything clicks and everyone is like "OH THAT WORKS" and we all breathe a sigh of relief that we didn't know we were keeping in.
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
— Arthur O'Shaughnessy