Young Writers Society

YWS Writing Olympics 2021

767 Reviews

Reviews: 767
Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:00 am
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

The 2021 YWS Writing Olympics

Do you have what it takes to be a YWS Olympian?

With the Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympics in full swing, we wanted to bring the Olympic cheer to you in the form a long time tradition here on YWS. Your friendly neighborhood mods present to you the 2021 YWS Writing Olympics!

What are the Writing Olympics?
The Writing Olympics is a 10-day event starting on August 1st and ending on August 10th. Each day there will be a different event where you will have 24-hours to complete the task if you so choose to enter. There will also be a 48-hour scavenger hunt in the middle of the week for you to partake in. Check out the schedule of events here!

Scores and Prizes
It's not the Olympics without medals! For each event, you will get the chance to win a gold medal for three points, a silver medal for two points, or a bronze medal for one point. At the end of the event, everyone's points will be tallied and the top three will be announced as our winners :) This means that you can still win first place without ever winning a gold medal, so participate in every event you can!

Overall winners will get special badges and bragging rights, but everyone who participates will also get their own participation badge to commemorate the event!

Teams
If you don't want to go at it alone, you can also create a team! Teams are a fun way to encourage your fellow competitors and give each other moral support as you tackle events. Keep in mind that this is just a fun addition; you're not required to join a team to compete in the events. But you can only be on one team, so choose wisely!

In order to create a team, just make a thread in this forum with your team name in the title. You can also create a team club, but please have a thread too so we can easily keep track of who is in which team :)

At the end of the event, we will also announce the winning team, which is the team that has the most points per team members. Your prize is a sense of accomplishment and team bragging rights ^^

Questions?
Just ask away in this thread! ^^
[insert really cool and fun quote here]
Check out my novel shenanigans.
Or request a review from me.

[she/her]

767 Reviews

Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:00 pm
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

Challengers!

I'm here to announce your schedule of events! And don't forget to start making your teams if you don't want to go into the challenges alone ^^

The first challenge will be posted tonight around *time auto-adjusted to your local time.

[she/her]

386 Reviews

Reviews: 386
Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:59 pm
View Likes
Dossereana says...

How does this work for the once that want to go in alone?
Oh you just have to wait, and peace will come to you!

she/her

767 Reviews

Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:34 pm
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

@Dossereana All you need to do is enter in the events you are interested in once they’re posted! It’s actually the same whether you are in a team or not :)

[she/her]

767 Reviews

311 Reviews

Reviews: 311
Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:34 pm
View Likes
Riverlight says...

Is there a specific user that we could donate points to for use of doling out prizes?
The politics of the world may be corrupt, but that does not mean that we must be corrupted ourselves.

"What is a poet? An unhappy person who hides deep anguish in his heart, but whose lips are so formed that when the sigh and cry pass through them, it sounds like lovely music."
— Søren Kierkegaard, Philosopher & Theologian