z

Young Writers Society

The Unthinking and the Unknowing OOC

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:43 pm
Ljungtroll says...

The RP: The Unthinking and the Unknowing

Here's where we can ask questions and post our characters!
@InuYosha
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

129 Reviews

Reviews: 129
Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:14 pm
View Likes
yosh says...

do you think my version 1 amoku is fine for this?

He's supposedly a dragon who was cursed to be a human, and has strong fire magic, although appearing as a small human child (around seven years old), and still regaining his arrogant personality as one would expect from a dragon.
they told me to never give up on my dreams.

so i took another nap

112 Reviews

Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:31 am
Ljungtroll says...

There are no dragons in this world, unfortunately. There are drakes, which are non sentient flying lizards.
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

she/her

112 Reviews

Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:38 pm
Ljungtroll says...

This here's the map of the continent. The story will start out in Order's Roost, down in the southern part of Orya. If you have any questions about cities, history, culture, stuff like that (to help with character building or basic understanding of the world), let me know! If ya do a clicky on the image, it'll enlarge.
Attachments
Iyar Regions (1).jpg

she/her

129 Reviews

Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:35 pm
View Likes
yosh says...

so what exactly should the thing that the character lost be?

so i took another nap

112 Reviews

Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:08 am
Ljungtroll says...

Could be anything. Just something dear to them!

she/her

112 Reviews

Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:03 am
Ljungtroll says...

Would you like me to create my character first? I was gonna build mine to complement yours but I can go first if'n ya wish!

she/her

129 Reviews

Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:42 am
View Likes
yosh says...

Sure! Also sorry for the late reply I'm on vacation.

so i took another nap

112 Reviews

Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:18 am
Ljungtroll says...

No prob! I'll get started tomorrow.

she/her

112 Reviews

Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:02 pm
Ljungtroll says...

Name: Naia Talus

Appearance: 5'3, medium-dark skin with almond brown eyes. Her hair is long and black, kept in one long braid down her back. She wears practical trousers and sturdy boots with a long farmer's duster over a white button-down tunic. A set of round, tiny glass spectacles perch on the end of her nose, connected by a beaded string to keep them from being lost. A long scar runs out of her hairline to her temple. Her face is lined beyond its years by the sun and stress. She's of a healthy weight for someone her age and very muscular.

Pronouns: She/her

Sexuality: Bisexual

Major Powers: Water manipulation (pretty much like a waterbender in Avatar: The Last Airbender), plant manipulation. Making something big like a tidal wave or a massive tree takes a lot of concentration, so she can tire herself out quickly in a fight if all she does is giant things. Not that she would ever need to fight.

What is it they lost? Naia recently lost her infant daughter to a sickness.

Additional Info: Naia was born in the far northern corner of Grat but now lives at the base of one of the Aryol Mountains with her husband and two children. She's been a farmer for most of her life, and only her husband knows about her powers.

she/her

112 Reviews

Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:51 pm
Ljungtroll says...

@InuYosha

she/her

129 Reviews

Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:09 am
View Likes
yosh says...

I like it! I'm back from vacation and school hasn't started yet so my schedule from here will be relatively normal ^_^

I'll get my character posted soon!

so i took another nap

112 Reviews

Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:37 am
Ljungtroll says...

Rightyo!

she/her

129 Reviews

Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:58 pm
View Likes
yosh says...

btw i just noticed but the image u chose for the rp kinda looks like an abyss mage from genshin 0_0

Spoiler! :
Name: Kyra Vasonis
Appearance: wispy brown hair that goes halfway down her back, dark blue eyes, and a short, thin appearance, making her almost look like a child. She often wears simple clothes.
Pronouns: she/her
Sexuality: straight
Major Powers (nothing OP, please): When Kyra is asleep, her skin turns hard as stone, making her invulnerable to physical attacks, like from a sword or spear (She herself is not aware of this ability). However, if she is, for example, thrown off a cliff, since her skin has the properties of stone, she'd possibly break into pieces. Also, Kyra has the ability to sense vibrations through stone (kind of like Toph, i would say, except Kyra isn't actually blind, so she doesn't have Toph's disadvantages).
What is it they lost? Kyra lost her ability to speak. Because of this, Kyra lives far away from civilization in a small home within the Aryol Mountains.

so i took another nap

112 Reviews

Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:29 pm
Ljungtroll says...

Ooo, this should be interesting! I can't write up a starting post at the moment but I'll get one up as soon as possible.

she/her

okay I think I need to grab some nachos
— BluesClues