Doongeons and Doogans [OOC]

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:11 am
View Likes
Carina says...

someone please help me think of a better name lol

Thought I'd make an OOC thread to organize our thoughts for the DnD-esque crew RP we're making! Once we finalize it, we can make the RP in the Realm. :)

Tagging: @Magebird @Vincian @SilverNight @HarryHardy @winterwolfe0100 @GrandWild

Thoughts on overall plot? Doesn't have to be super specific! am just empty-brained right now from everything going on @_@
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—InuYosha

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

147 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:13 am
View Likes
Carina says...

>_> @winterwolf0100 MISSPELLED USERNAME SORRY
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—InuYosha

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

4074 Reviews

Reviews: 4074
Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:19 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

I would like to state that this name is brilliant as it is

Also woohoo...LET THE CHAOS BEGIN

ALso uhh..plot thoughts...sooo...the base idea was...the crew being yeeted into a campaign of sorts? I think?
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:18 pm
View Likes
sakeofvanity05 says...

:}} hello, nice to meet you~ I'm new on here and was wondering if I could join?? I haven't roleplayed before, so I'd need to learn the ropes a little, pardon me~ :"{
but I'd be happy to partake! Is it too late to join...?
"It was a great mistake, my being born man;
I would have been much more successful as a seagull or a fish.

~ Eugene O'Neill, Long Day's Journey Into Night

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:04 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Hi @sakeofvanity05! Thanks for checking if this roleplay was accepting other writers. This roleplay is currently a closed roleplay, but there's some other ones that are open right now! One of them is listed over in New Accepting Roleplays, so you might want to check that thread out and subscribe to it in case anyone makes any other new roleplays in the near future. :)

But it's awesome that you're interested in roleplaying! Feel free to let me or anyone else in this roleplay know if you ever have any questions on roleplaying. c:
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:11 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I had to go grab the link for the old version of this roleplay I did, but I'm back and ready to talk about a potential plot!

ALso uhh..plot thoughts...sooo...the base idea was...the crew being yeeted into a campaign of sorts? I think?

You're right! I was thinking it would be more of our character (instead of us) getting yeeted into a D&D campaign. I've tried running the roleplay three (?) times, but all three tragically died before we could actually get into any kind of plot. I think I actually reused the same exact description when starting each roleplay, so I threw the latest version (from Roll for Initiative!) down below in a spoiler.

Spoiler! :
When you open your eyes, you find yourself in an unfamiliar world. It may similar to your own, but there are little things that aren't the same. The songbirds sing different tunes. The trees and grass are a slightly different shade of green. The clouds in the sky above are lighter and fluffier than those of your own.

But the setting isn't the only thing that is wrong. Some things have changed. Your clothes, at least, are different. But other details may have also changed - you've gained features that weren't previously present, and abilities that you could have only dreamed of. It doesn't make any sense in the slightest.

You don't have much time to process your confusion, however. The woods you are in border an unsuspecting village. You find yourself drawn to a tavern nestled in the heart of it. Maybe it's because taverns are naturally a place of gossip; maybe it's because you realize this situation is eerily reminiscent of Dungeons and Dragons.

Maybe, this tavern - and the people within - will help you find a way home.

The one thing I never did with any of the roleplays was come up with a reason for why the characters were there in the first place and why they had been transformed into D&D classes and races. I also never figured out an in-campaign plot for the cast to follow while trying to figure out the big bad scheme that brought them there. So if we did decide to use this really basic idea for our roleplay, we could figure out both of those things together! :)
mage

queer and here.

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:14 pm
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

Hey! So for one, I absolutely love this idea! Two, I uh... have never done anything Dungeons and Dragons related. I’ve thought of it, but it all looks pretty daunting and overwhelming when you know basically nothing about it XD So I’d absolutely love to learn, but yeah. I may be asking a lot of questions in regards to that lol
he/she/they

winter you are an adorable bean and I love your bad social awareness xD ~Omni
omni played robin hood, stole winter's brain cell ~Silver
winter is the only person who would survive the machine uprising ~Europa

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:19 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

That's definitely okay, @winterwolf0100! I've only done a few sessions before myself and know most of my knowledge through that and memes online, so we can learn more together. :)

We could also cut out during rolls + health points to make everything a little more lowkey and easier, but keep in all of the fun magic and potential enemies.
mage

queer and here.

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:50 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

I like the potential for angst that comes with waking up in different bodies with different skills, @Magebird! Kinda like the new Jumanji movies! I would be down for that.
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

147 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:44 am
View Likes
Carina says...

Hi @sakeofvanity05!! I'm glad you reached out and am sooo excited that you want to try out roleplays <3 unfortunately this one is full (this is a team bonding exercise for admin haha), but Roleplay Month will be happening in July - and there will be a slew of new RPs for you to join very very soon! It will also be beginner-friendly, so if you are able to wait a few weeks until then, I think you will be pleased with the fun you'll have. Otherwise, there are a few select RPs already open if you want to check those out!

---

ok ok... back to planning. all i know is that none of u know elias (except mage who i hope hasn't grown sick of him yet lol like FOUR RPS WITH HIM.....), and he is so goofy n funny and why do i feel like this rp will be chaotic in a hilarious way cuz i mean... its named DOONGEONS AND DOOGANS LOL

if no one opposes, im thinky this rp will be lighthearted and not at all serious dnd vibes. think chaotic encounters, funny npcs, hilarious quests. i think it'd be cool if we brought in an OC and made them all "???? WHERE WE AT" like mage suggested but dnd-fied so, like, for instance - elias would be a paladin (since he hav healy powers in canon) - but he wouldn't rlly know how be bc he's like level 1 noob by coming here

it smol brain hours idk if this makes sense but thats my hot take lol
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—InuYosha

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:07 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

As much as I love lighthearted stuff, I really still would like to have some serious stuff mixed as well haha

Carina I think you know that I'm not too great at just writing humor and funny (points at roleplay game show) Corrick is still mia there lol that roleplay was too much for lil ole me
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:25 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

@Carina yes to paladin Elias!

And ooh that's a good point, @Vincian! I know that I usually need a healthy mix of lighthearted interactions and serious plot to keep me engaged with a story, so we'll have to make sure we have both so everyone has something that they enjoy.

I recently started working on a new project, so I might use one or two characters from that? My characters in general seem to really work well together when they're in a pair from the same exact story, but I'm still not entirely sure that I'd use characters from that novel.
mage

queer and here.

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:40 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

I for one second the mix of light-hearted and serious. I tend to thrive in more serious settings but there's always a need for more cheery moments in roleplays! Why not a natural blend of the two?
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:51 pm
View Likes
SilverNight says...

Yes!!

I need to look over some characters and d&d-ify one of them :’)
"silv is obsessed with heists" ~Omni

"silv why didn't you tell me you were obsessed with heists I thought we were friends" ~Ace

"y’all we outnumber silver let’s overthrow her >:]" ~winter

silver (she/they)

147 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:50 am
View Likes
Carina says...

yeah i'm not picky! but i unfortunately don't have the bandwidth to run a rp that's not lighthearted/low-effort lol so if we wanna dabble into a serious rp, i'm game, and will def be joining along for the ride - but won't be able to dm it

anyone have any ideas on how to start, and what the general plot would be then?
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—InuYosha

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
— Albert Einstein