Young Writers Society

Home » Roleplay Main » Community » Roleplay Lounge

Trapped in a Video Game RP

579 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 579
Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:45 pm
Magebird says...

I made an interest thread for a storybook based on this premise last year, but I wanted to make a new thread for it because it's not really tied to Sword Art Online and isn't really a storybook anymore - it's just inspired by the mechanics of SAO. It's also not as convoluted as the plot I came up with in that SB interest thread.

(I've also run/written similar stories to this where characters end up in Minecraft!)

The premise of the roleplay is pretty straightforward: the characters all get trapped as their avatars in a (MMORPG) video game that they played. To make things a little more entertaining, they're the only ones who get trapped - the regular old players keep playing the game as per usual and are never the wiser.

The main problem I'm having right now is if I should invent a completely new world/game for the characters to get trapped in, or if I should rely on a game that already exists.

(Like Minecraft!)

I don't want to exclude anyone who's not as familiar with an already existing game, but I'm also a big fan of Minecraft and would love to base a new roleplay off of the tropes and ideas I have in all of my unfinished Minecraft fanfictions and roleplays.

So if this roleplay sounds interesting to you, let me know! And also let me know if you would prefer a completely new game or one that's already in existence that would probably be Minecraft.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:19 pm
View Likes
Corvid says...

Sounds super interesting! I like the idea of a game based off of minecraft -- it'd be cool the see some elements of other games implemented too, depending on the general vibe you want the world to go in!
edit: id totally love to join this!
Last edited by Corvid on Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"yeet"
- albert einstein

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:23 pm
View Likes
MomoMajesty says...

I would be interested in joining!!
Someone's missing from your group, someone very important ... Where's Momo?

Reviews~

Art Club~

Newbies Club~

she/her/hers/herself

Previously LordMomo and MomoandAppa

579 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:25 am
Magebird says...

@Corvid, thanks for the input and interest! If I don't end up making the roleplay outright set in Minecraft, I'm sure the majority of the mechanics would be based on it - that and Genshin Impact are on the only two games I regularly play. :P

And thanks for letting me know you're interested, @MomoMajesty!

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:54 am
View Likes
Pokeberry111 says...

I would join ^^
It sounds cool
"If people are doubting how far you can go, go so far that you can't hear them anymore." -Michele Ruiz
They/Them
Berry/Lu's the name
Berry's Google Doc Books ^^

579 Reviews

Supporter

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
— Martin Luther King Jr.