Young Writers Society

Beginnings and Endings OOC

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:10 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

The RP: Beginnings and Endings
Here's a place for reference images, plotting, and other such (non)necessities!
The Characters:
GrandWild
Spoiler! :
Name: skekRa
Description: About 6'3 feet tall, dressed in long black and white robes. Like all Skeksis he has a long, hairless tail and four arms (two small ones sprouting just behind his shoulders), though his aren't atrophied like the others. He has a long, thin beak that curves down at the end and piercing golden eyes. His posture is hunched, taking a few inches off his height. His left secondary arm ends in a mechanical claw, which can be changed out for different tools. His skin is a grayish color and he has long black spines poking out from a black carapace he wears on his back. He's generally solitary and slightly cruel, though he can have a soft spot if he chooses. His temper is unpredictable.

Name: Nosa
Description: Typical Drenchen Gelfling features: bluish dreadlocks, yellowish-tan skin, large brown eyes. She stands at about four feet tall and wears a standard soldier's uniform.
Nosa's very timid compared to other Drenchen; the clan is well known for being bold and good at fighting, but she prefers working with medicine. She's usually the guard who's sent down to fetch skekTek or skekRa for meetings and other such summons, so she has slowly been befriending skekRa for about a trine. skekRa is pretty much in denial about any kind of friendship, so he tries to push her away most of the time.

Mage, if you wouldn't mind posting yours in the next post?
Last edited by Ljungtroll on Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

112 Reviews

Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:12 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Oh and here are the Skeksis currently in the castle:
Spoiler! :
skekSo the Emperor Image

Spoiler! :
skekVar the GeneralImage

Spoiler! :
skekEkt the OrnamentalistImage

Spoiler! :
skekAyuk the GourmandImage

Spoiler! :
skekSil the ChamberlainImage

Spoiler! :
skekTek the ScientistImage

Spoiler! :
skekOk the ScrollkeeperImage

Spoiler! :
skekLach the CollectorImage

Spoiler! :
skekUngImage

Spoiler! :
skekNa the Slave MasterImage

Spoiler! :
skekShod the TreasurerImage

Spoiler! :
skekZok the Ritual MasterImage

Spoiler! :
skekSa the MarinerImage

Spoiler! :
skekMal the HunterImage
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

she/her

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:46 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I definitely don't mind throwing my character(s) in here! I'll start with William first, but I might add in their brother Julius later on~

Spoiler! :
William Drago: William's on the taller side, with wavy, dirty blond hair and hazel eyes. They're currently dressed in a button-up white shirt, black dress pants, loafers and a black jacket. They do use they/them pronouns for themself, but look more masculine in appearance and generally tend to make people use he/him instead to fit in more. Their most notable feature is the red Ouroboros tattoo on their thigh, though it's currently hidden by their pant leg. William is actually Envy, but uses the name William to hide out among the humans. They're a shapeshifter that's not remotely human in their natural form, so they have a lot of internalized hatred and - you guessed it - jealousy towards regular old humans. In canon, they're a sadistic bad guy; in my AU, they're more of an angsty, responsible guy with some snark who keeps their self-hatred hidden away.

And here's a (sort of) reference photo from the 2003 version of Fullmetal Alchemist! It's not canon to the manga/Brotherhood, which is what my AU is based on, but William's appearance is very much a nod to that older anime.

I'm a little brain dead right now, so I'll hold off on getting my first post up until either tonight or tomorrow morning. But I'll probably have William/Envy start in their world and then find themselves near skekTek in my post. :)
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

112 Reviews

Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:57 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Great! I can't wait :D Will Envy be appearing right in the Castle or outside it?

she/her

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:59 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I'm cool with either one! I was leaning towards inside, but I really don't have a preference. :)
mage

queer and here.

112 Reviews

Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:05 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

The Skeksis might be immediately hostile to a situation like that, which would certainly be interesting. On the other hand it might be wise to have a buffer in which the Gelfling guards discover him first and bring him to the Skeksis.

she/her

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:53 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

That's good to know! I didn't really mention it in my post, but I went with the second option you suggested - that way the Gelfling guards could be that buffer. I was also torn between writing Envy instead of William when referring to them in my post, but I decided to go with William for now.

(Even though they consider Envy to be their actual name/the one they want to be referred to by.)
mage

queer and here.

112 Reviews

Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:04 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

I loved your first post! I'll type up a reply as soon as I can, but this is gonna be a busy day for me.
I'm very excited to wrote how the Gelfling and Skeksis are going to react; Gelfling are so tiny compared to humans and the Skeksis are almost definitely gonna think William is some stretched out Gelfling.

she/her

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:10 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

It's okay if you can't post today, @GrandWild! I'm just excited to see your post whenever you're able to write it. <3 <3

And yeeees! I was wondering what they would think of a random human. :P

it's even more interesting to think of how they would react to Envy's true form, but I'll keep that under wraps for now so I don't spoil it for you~
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:14 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Was that...was that some sort of long Gelfling?

petition to rename humans to long gelflings :P
mage

queer and here.

112 Reviews

Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:16 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

I would 100% call myself a long gelfling

she/her

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:28 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

After lokiverse dies down, I'm definitely getting #longgelfling going on the people's tab. :P

Also, I posted! I forgot to mention this in my last post here, but I love how skekRa was getting worried about Nosa someday being taken.
mage

queer and here.

112 Reviews

Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:01 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

skekRa is a soft boi sometimes. Nasty af other times but soft for his Gelfling friend.
And I will absolutely join you for #longgelfling.

she/her

112 Reviews

Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:06 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(Also here's a quick reference for the Castle so I remember it's not barren plains like in the movie)
Spoiler! :

she/her

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:59 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Thanks for sharing the castle pic! I ended up looking it up when I wrote my last few posts because my brain didn't remember it at all, but it's good to have it here for quick reference now.
mage

queer and here.

"He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."
— Fredrich Nietzche (Philosopher)