Young Writers Society

NaPo Poetry Shoutouts

465 Reviews

Reviews: 465
Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:02 am
View Likes
starlitmind says...

NaPo Poetry ShoutOuts

NaPo is not only a time for writing poetry, but it's also a fantastic time to read tons of poetry as well! After all, what's better than getting daily poem doses from some of your favourite poets? ;) It's a wonderful idea to check out other people's NaPo Threads and leave little comments on them to spread kindness, encouragement, and the poetry love!

If a poem / lines of a poem catch your eye while scrolling through a thread this NaPo, please give a shoutout to that person below! Or, if you wrote a poem that you're really proud of, feel free to give that a shoutout as well! ^_^ The goal is to give as many shououts as you can; we are here to cheer each other on!! <3

.--. --- - .- - ---

542 Reviews

Reviews: 542
Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:52 pm
View Likes
Liminality says...

A little something from the first day of NaPo, but I thought @fortis's portrait of a fishmonger in this poem was absolutely inspiring in terms of imagery! I also loved how they used that to convey a larger theme.

I also just read @whatchamacallit's poem called 'woven from words' and I love her meta-take on extended metaphor in poetry that utilises extended metaphors <3

(Will def get to doing more shout-outs later, because there are a lot of gems here !)
she/her

Have you met my friend, The Story Review Template?

542 Reviews

Reviews: 542
Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:18 pm
View Likes
Liminality says...

I'm really loving the collabs between @fortis and @Meshugenah, especially 'ghost cat', which is such a cute-spooky poem! <3
she/her

Have you met my friend, The Story Review Template?

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:11 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

I'm finally getting a chance to read through the poem threads in the last couple days and there's so much good poetry!!.

I want to give a big congratulations & shout-out to @hannah0528 who has managed to complete #NaPo already! Check out her poems: here - some of my favorites are the light naturey ones like poem 13 & poem 14 in her collection. :)

Also some of the themes in @niteowl's napo hit me like a ton of bricks (in a good way) - I mean just ...
this is not the first time
i have woven my heart
through my fingers,
spinning threads of useless words
that knot themselves into something
you might call a poem
if you were feeling charitable.

poem 1

&
here, it is always january,
full of arctic air
and new years lies
of "we'll do better this time,
we won't be fools who fall again".

the hearth is just warm enough
to keep the blood in circulation,
with none of this skipping jumping
butterflies-fluttering bullshit
because we're too old and fragile
to break again.

poem 2

just, wow! I love those lines / images / metaphors so much, and the poems are very relatable and emotionally striking.
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:09 pm
View Likes
starbean says...

#PoetryShoutouts

I wanted to give a big shoutout to @MomoMajesty for making a comeback when she had writers block and writing some great poems like the one dedicated to @Euphoria8. Great job! You can check out her poetry here:
the best feeling: euphoria
she/her————pro-life————Christian————climber of rocks, trees, and rooftops----reader of poetry, Antoine de Saint Exupery, Pam Munoz Ryan, and Anthony Doerr
"She is too fond of books, and it has turned her brain." -Louisa May Alcott

Who's the more foolish, the fool, or the fool who follows him?
— Obi-Wan Kenobi