The Last Ship Sailing Round One

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:20 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

Welcome to the Last Ship Sailing!

The Last Ship Sailing is a weekly round-based elimination competition where three to five sailors come together to write a story -- sailing their ship into the unknown! Each week, they must collectively finish a goal set by LSS to keep their ship operating smoothly. If they fail to reach the goal, they can still go on sailing as a Pirate Ship, but they are eliminated from the Official LSS running. Effectively running a ship requires individual participation and team collaboration. This is the essence of Last Ship Sailing.

You can join in the Last Ship Sailing either as a Privateer or a Pirate.

A Privateer is a sailor who officially joins the competition to be a part of the Last Ship Sailing. Privateers follow the individual laws provided by LSS, and drop rank to become a Pirate if they do not follow through on the law provided by LSS.

A Pirate is an unlawful fellow who thinks of the rules more as guidelines, and follows a code of their own. Because of this, a Pirate cannot win LSS, even if they crew a Registered Ship. A Pirate's own moral code is their law, so they only need to follow their own law they specify.

A Crew is a combination of Privateers and/or Pirates sailing on the same Ship.

A Registered Ship is a ship crewed by at least one Privateer that is officially in tow in the race to become the Last Ship Sailing, although it can be created by a Pirate. A Registered Ship follows by the LSS' laws, even if there are Pirates stowing aboard. A Registered Ship can only have a max of five Privateers/Pirates, and a minimum of three.

A Pirate Ship is a ship full of Pirates, that follows no LSS law, and only the code of their own. All members of this ship are present Pirates, even if they once were Privateers.

A Sunken Ship is a ship that has lost all of its Crew Members, Privateers and Pirates alike. There is no longer anyone keeping up with this ship, and so it has been lost to the wills of the sea.

For every Privateer, the law of the sea is this:
  • At least 2 Posts per week for a SB Ship OR
  • At least 4 Posts per week for a RP Ship
    -
  • At least 250 words per SB Ship post OR
  • At least 125 words per RP Ship post

For every Registered Ship, the law of the sea is this:
  • At least 2500 words per week AND
  • At least 10(SB) / 20(RP) posts per week

For every Pirate and Pirate Ship, the law of the sea is this:
  • There are no laws but the laws of a Pirate! You have your own code, as long as you keep your ship afloat.

General Laws of the Seas
  • To join the competition, you must post in The Port to declare your intentions of setting sail on the High Seas. Please post here whether you already have a Crew in mind, or if you are a lonely sailor searching for a Ship to join!
    ---------
  • Each Registered Ship must ready their Ship for inspection by creating a new Storybook or Roleplay.
    ---------
  • Before your Ship launches, it must have an introductory post and a full list of Crew Members, each of whom must have a completed Character Profile.
    ---------
  • Each Ship must be a new collaborative project that has not been written on before. The Crew may plan beforehand and create Character Profiles prior to the start of LSS, but may not write any posts until the start of the competition.
    ---------
  • Each Crew must declare a Captain. The Captain will likely be the person who created the Ship, but it doesn't have to be! By Sunday of every week, The Captain will post an update for the Crew's Ship in the LSS Ship Log, with the word count and number of posts added that week. Be creative with this! Captains will title their Ship Log each week with [Week XX LSS Submission | Registered/Pirate Ship (Ship Name)]
    ---------
  • On Monday of each week, you start writing again where you left off in your story. Any progress written before that week will not count to that week's word count
    ---------
  • Each Crew Member posts their updates in their Ship thread, in the Storybook Forum. This requires no points to post. Each post must include a word count at the top.
    ---------
  • Any ship that fails to submit their Ship Log Update by Sunday at midnight in the Captain's timezone loses their Registered Ship status and falls out of the official LSS competition. All participants onboard become Pirates, and may continue their adventures as a Pirate Ship, but are no longer eligible for the title of Last Ship Sailing.
    ---------
  • To join as a Registered Ship, you must join -- and complete the LSS weekly goal -- by Sunday of the first week. Anytime after, if you wish to join, it must be as a Pirate Ship.
    ---------
  • If you join as a Pirate, you cannot become a Privateer once LSS begins, even if you have been keeping up with the Laws of the Seas. Once a pirate, always a pirate!
    ---------
  • Each Crew Member may only crew on one Ship. However, if you become the only crewmate on your ship still writing, you may use a Lifeboat to abandon ship and join a Registered or Pirate Ship that is not full. This can only happen once, as we only have so many lifeboats.
    ---------
  • Collaborated posts (posts that were written by more than one Crew Member) can count for the individual word and post goals of each crew mate for their Ship, but it must contain the word count of the total number of collaborators (2 collaborators = 500< words, 3 = 750< words, etc.)

What say ye, Mateys? Are you up the challenge of competing to be a Crew Member on the Last Ship Sailing? Declare your intents below to join the adventure in The Port, and ask any questions you have here! See you on the High Seas!

The Start Date is 10/19/2020 and End of Week One is 10/25/2020
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

378 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:44 am
View Likes
Omni says...

There is now A Club!

sass levels loading

[he/him]

311 Reviews

Reviews: 311
Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:56 am
View Likes
Riverlight says...

...this is so tempting, but #RevMo just ended, and I like being somewhat sane XD
The politics of the world may be corrupt, but that does not mean that we must be corrupted ourselves.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:54 am
View Likes
Omni says...

@Vil join us

sass levels loading

[he/him]

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:51 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Argh, ye mateys!

While this may not be an official announcement or update on the LSS competition, I have a thread where you can ask me questions about storybooking and roleplaying over in the LSS club!

If you've never written either one before but really love the idea of a collaborative bingewriting competition, you can swing by that thread and ask me for advice. Even if you aren't new, feel free to ask questions! I've been storybooking and roleplaying for awhile, so chances are I can help you with whatever query you have.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:26 am
View Likes
Omni says...

Join us for a Write-In! https://omnom.writerfeedpad.com/lsswritein

sass levels loading

[he/him]

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:35 pm
View Likes
Basil says...

Hi! So, I just got my visa accepted and I'll be preparing to move in 2 months. I'll do my best to keep up with this competition, but if I can't, it's because I'm moving country ahahaha.
Dorian, are you the one adding all the spices to our food?
Of course I am.
Why?
Because frankly the food here tastes like poorly cooked sawdust. It genuinely tastes how Solas looks.

life is so much better with tater tots
— AilahEvelynMae