RevMo 2020

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:12 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

Announcing #RevMo 2020!

What's RevMo, you ask? Review Month!

Review Month is where all YWSers, young and old, come together to dedicate their ink, sweat, and tears (of joy!) to reviewing for the entire month of September! Individually, your grand challenge is to write 50 reviews between September 1st and 30th, though individually you can set whatever personal review goals you'd like!

Collectively, our site-wide goal this year is 1,250 reviews during the month of September! Any review you contribute towards this goal is hugely appreciated, and if you meet our review levels throughout the month you are elligible for a temporary colored username!!!!

Each week you have the chance to meet the review challenge to earn the username color. (i.e. If you write 10 reviews by Sept. 7th you get a pink username; if you miss the first deadline but get 10 reviews by the 21st you still earn a sweet temporary pink username!)

THE GOALS

All dates and times are automatically adjusted to your timezone!

Week One Goal: 10 reviews - first deadline
Reward: A deep pink username!

Week Two Goal: 20 reviews - first deadline
Reward: A medium slate blue username!

Week Three Goal: 35 reviews - first deadline
Reward: A maroon username!

Week Four Goal: 50 reviews - deadline
Reward: A gold username!

As always, all reviews must be non-spam, and your focus should be on quality over quantity! We've assembled some Review Tips and guidelines on how to Avoid Review Spam to help you write thoughtful critiques!

Additionally, anyone who completes one review every day of September will be eligible to earn a dark cyan username for the first 2 weeks of October as a reward for winning Team Tortoise!

BUT WAIT! There's more...

We also have some super snazzy badges that you can earn, too, alongside your temporary colorful usernames! Check out the badges for achieving each goal are below:

Spoiler! :

10 Reviews
20 Reviews
35 Reviews
50 Reviews

RevMo Team Tortoise 2020

And for the first time ever we will be hosting the Official RevMo Banner Contest ! Which is now open for voting!

And, as in the past, we are also hosting an official Checklist Challenge and anyone who completes the challenge will be eligible to receive the Checklist Challenge Badge along with all the other rewards, so be on the lookout for more information about that as we get nearer to September!

Head on over to the RevMo Club to join your fellow RevMo-ers as we gear up for a month full of fun, friendship, and reviews! Watch the club for more information on contests, workshops, write-ins, and encouragement throughout the month!

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:58 am
View Likes
ChrisCalaid says...

Are we supposed to post the review somewhere? Can anyone please tell me where? I can't find it and it's my first time doing RevMo.

Thank you @Magebird! I think that helped a lot, I was kind of confused about that. :D
Last edited by ChrisCalaid on Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:11 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Hi, @ChrisDixon!

YWS actually automatically tallies up the reviews you do - so all you have to do is write them! If you're ever curious how many reviews have been written by you (or other people) in a month, you can check out the leaderboards to see what the review counts are.

(The leaderboards are the trophy symbol at the top of the page.)

I hope that helps! :)
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

Reviews: 1
Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:25 pm
View Likes
LOLACONER says...

what's the meaning of a spoiler? :?:
SA :pirate3:

935 Reviews

Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:30 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

Hi @LOLACONER,

In general, a "spoiler" is something that, if shared, will "spoil" the enjoyment of something. For example, if you were reading a novel and got to a tense part and were really excited to read on to see if the main character makes it out unscathed -- and then someone walks up and goes "Oh, I've read that book. She dies in the next chapter" that would be really frustrating, right?

So the "spoilers" here on YWS (I think?) were designed so that you can hide things that would "spoil" things for other users if you wanted to talk about a new book or movie but didn't want to ruin it for people who hadn't had a chance to read or see it yet. But often the spoilers are simply used as a way to save space by hiding away text or images, so you have to click to see what is inside. That's how it's used in this post. There's no spoiler, I just have some images in the spoiler to save space on the main post. Does that make sense?

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

Reviews: 1

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:30 am
View Likes
ChrisCalaid says...

@ShadowVyper If I do 50 reviews before 1 October does that count as 50 reviews for the gold badge. Or do I have to do all the forty reviews on the specific week?

935 Reviews

Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:35 am
View Likes
Shady says...

It's 50 for the month, @ChrisDixon! As long as you have them done by the end of the month, it doesn't matter which week you did them (although we only pass out colors the week that is listed, so you won't get the gold until the very end even if you're done sooner)

[they/he]

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:36 pm
View Likes
Necromancer14 says...

Here I am, without a single review...
Dumbledore: "Now, it's great that you've been saving the school and all Harry, but unfortunately your grades have been a tad low, and, well... perhaps Gandalf could explain it better... hit it, Gandalf!

Gandalf: "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!"

935 Reviews

Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:18 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

You still have time, @Necromancer14! I believe in you!

[they/he]

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:51 pm
View Likes
Necromancer14 says...

I doubt it. I've been ridiculously busy since school started up again. (I mean, it's hard enough already without all my extra-curricular stuff like IT class, orchestra, and band.)
Dumbledore: "Now, it's great that you've been saving the school and all Harry, but unfortunately your grades have been a tad low, and, well... perhaps Gandalf could explain it better... hit it, Gandalf!

Gandalf: "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!"

I cannot separate the aesthetic pleasure of seeing a butterfly and the scientific pleasure of knowing what it is.
— Vladmir Nabokov