z

Young Writers Society

The Harvesters [DT]

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:29 pm
View Likes
sheysse says...

Welcome to the Harvesters! Please be sure to introduce yourselves, in case you don’t know someone else or they don’t know you. We also have a few rules for participants of this storybook, so I recommend reading through them.

⟴ This is a mature storybook. If you dislike writing dark, gritty narratives, this likely isn’t the storybook for you.

⟴ Don’t make your characters too powerful. Everyone takes a hit from time to time.

⟴ Don’t make significant changes to another participant’s character without their approval.

⟴ Play nice. No one wants to write with a participant who is rude or abrasive.

⟴ There will be a posting order. If you do not write your post after two weeks of it being your turn, you will be skipped over. If you miss your turn over the course of two consecutive cycles, you will be removed from the storybook.

I’ll go first with the whole introduction schtick. I’m Shey, Sheyren, Sheytato, Sheyster, and about seven other names that I would need to kill you if ever you knew. I haven’t participated in a storybook in several months, but now that school is out and life is confined to my home because of quarantine, I’m here to give it another shot.

As an aside, if all participants are on board, I would enthusiastically create a Discord server so that we can have more tight-knit communication between us all during the writing process. If you’re unfamiliar with Discord, it’s a third-party chatting platform which would let us send messages in real time, as opposed to through the DT. I’ll only make the server if everyone is on board, so don’t feel that using Discord is a requirement for participation here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:51 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

This storybook definitely isn't my cup of tea, but it looks incredible so far! I can see why you wanted to keep it a secret earlier. :)
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

561 Reviews

Reviews: 561
Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:44 am
View Likes
Atticus says...

Hello hello! I usually go by Tuck, but you can call me Tuck, Tucker, or Tuckster. This is my first storybook in quite a while, but I'm excited to get back into the swing of things! Since school's out for the summer and quarantine's obliterated my social life, I'm hoping to find a fun project to work on and to help coax me back into writing. I'd be all for a Discord server if everyone's okay with that!
[he/him]

"tiktok and giving children meth are my passions" ~ @ShadowVyper
"carinas long foretold chaos protege" ~ @veeren
"smol bean, future of chaos" ~ @carina

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:25 am
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

ahhhh this sounds incredible!! I love political stories so I would love to join this!!

edit: I want to have a character do 4th star! I literally choose based on what *I* would want lol xDDD
always daydreaming, always clumsy

176 Reviews

Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:32 pm
View Likes
sheysse says...

@Tuckster Welcome, glad to have you! I'm glad I'm not the only one who's just getting back into storybooking around these parts! Your character looks wonderful, and she has been approved.

@PrincessInk Welcome as well! Consider a Fourth Star character yours for the taking. And yes, I can confirm that it is easily the coolest incant. There's a reason why I thought of it first when I was writing the post. XD

373 Reviews

Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:08 pm
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

I totally forgot to introduce myself, so you can call me Ink or Princess (or even cookie if you wish). I love to write though I get frequently stuck in ruts. I'm starting a math summer class in several days so we'll see how much time I have, but I hope I can squeeze some in so I don't burn out from homework. Lol!

176 Reviews

Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:14 pm
View Likes
sheysse says...

Two updates:

One, I've added a weapons category to the character sheet, because I realized that not everyone will have combat incants but everyone will need to fight in some capacity. @Tuckster, you already submitted your character profile, but you specified that Skylar is an archer, so adding the weapon category is optional for you.

Secondly, I'm leaving this storybook open for new joins until Sunday. If no one else joins, I have no qualms with a three-man storybook, but if you know anyone else who might be interested in joining, send them this way.

373 Reviews

Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:38 pm
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

would having a fistfighter/martial artist-esque fighting style be okay?

176 Reviews

Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:35 pm
View Likes
sheysse says...

Absolutely... Anything is fair game, which I forgot to mention. The weapon category is entirely optional, and only for characters who otherwise have no combat capabilities.

176 Reviews

Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:45 am
View Likes
sheysse says...

I've gone ahead and added my character to the characters list. I'll also be adding some templates filled out for other important characters, such as Premier Salavee, later on.

176 Reviews

Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:06 am
View Likes
sheysse says...

Alright, so the storybook is officially closed, meaning it is just us three. But that's quite alright, as I believe a tighter group of writers is easier to acquire when it's smaller. As soon as @PrincessInk submits her profile, and I get through the two profiles I myself want to add for posterity's sake, I can get started on the first post. Looking forward to working on this project with you both!

373 Reviews

Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:08 am
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

okay, sounds good!! I've been trying to think about my character but I might be a bit late because I'm starting an intensive summer class tomorrow (english! critical thinking!) so just a heads up.

176 Reviews

Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:15 am
View Likes
sheysse says...

Gah, gross! That's fine, school should come first (even if school is boring and ew and yucky), so no rush. I'm an awful procrastinator anyway, so I'll still probably prepare the character profiles I need to do after you get through yours.

373 Reviews

Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:25 am
PrincessInk says...

hi! it looks as though I can't get in my CP today (oof english keeps me busy) but this weekend I started figuring out some stuff for my characters so I hope I can write one up as soon as I can!

176 Reviews

What's stopping you?
— David Mamet