Young Writers Society

Home » Forums » Resources » Writers Corner

Extreme Harry Potter Word Crawls: An Adventure

1137 Reviews

Reviews: 1137
Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:53 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

Next I need to write for 20 minutes while Kingsley tells me stories about being an Auror: DONE
Now it's time to get to know the real Alastor Moody (since last year I only met the imposter) and I have to write 300 words in 5 minutes while he demonstrates curses on me: DONE, but only 235
And finally I'm going to write to the nearest 1000 and cheer Mr. Weasley up by telling him about muggle objects. That will be 313 words: DONE
I'm not going to give myself that extra galleon since I didn't technically beat Moody's challenge.

After the holidays one of our DA meetings is interrupted by the annoying inquisitorial squad. Dumbledore takes responsibility for the DA and he escapes when the aurors try to capture him. Umbridge is the new headmistress and I have to write 500 words as her rule takes over the school: DONE

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

1137 Reviews

Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:38 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

Back again! No longer doing a final edit before querying Anna and back to the now darker than before computer nerd love story!

Picking up with career advice! Because I'm in Ravenclaw my head of house thinks I'm strong in divination (really? -_-) and I have to write for 30 minutes while I gaze into a crystal ball: DONE

During a quidditch match, Hagrid takes us to the forest to meet his half brother Grawp. Grawp is okay other than not realizing it's not nice to lift people off the ground. I have to write for 15 minutes while I try to convince him to put me down: DONE

Oh boy. now it's time to take my O.W.L.s. I have to write 1500 words and the time it takes me to do this determines how I did on my O.W.L.s. I have to do it in under two hours or I don't pass.
(I failed at this because it's getting late, but I want to pick up here and try again tomorrow!)

Ask a Therapist!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

1137 Reviews

Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:32 pm
View Likes
Carlito says...

Okay back on my O.W.L.s! I'm going to say I started at 10pm (could've started later but.... yah know :p): Okay so I have written those 1500 words! But I did it over like two days so it doesn't count. Therefore I have to write an additional 500 words to pass my O.W.L.s.
AND DONE

We're finishing this crawl today friends!

Harry thinks Sirius is in trouble, and while he tries to talk to him via the floo network, we're caught. I would have to write 300 words while Umbridge tries to torture information out of me, but since I'm a Ravenclaw I'm able to combat her torture methods and can skip this round for free.

We escape to the grounds! I have to roll a die and multiply by 150 words as we fly to the Ministry. I rolled a 2, so 300 words: DONE

It's a trap! Sirius wasn't in danger, it was all a ploy to get Harry to the Ministry. I have to write for 10 minutes while I duel with Death Eaters: DONE

The Order shows up and with their help we're able to fight off the Death Eaters. But I have to write 400 words as I look back and see Sirius has fallen through the veil and died RIP SIRIUS :''''(
DONE

Dumbledore appears and so does Voldemort! I have to write for 15 minutes while I watch them duel: DONE

The battle is over but the war has only begun. I have to write 150 words as we journey back Hogwarts and think about all the dangers ahead: DONE

YEAR FIVE COMPLETE!!

Ask a Therapist!

1137 Reviews

Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:36 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

Extreme HP Word Crawl: Year 6

At the end of year 5, my new WIP was at a total of 17,729 words meaning I wrote 13,425 words during year 5! Not too shabby :)

Let's see what year 6 has in store for us!

With such an eventful spring, it was nice to relax at the Burrow for a little while. Now it's time to head to Diagon Alley. I have to write 600 words while I collect all my supplies: DONE

Oh boy. Now we go see the Weasley's new shop and they challenge me to a game. I have to write 750 words in 10 minutes and guess which one is Fred and which one is George: I got just over 400 which IMMA SAY IS DECENT.
But since I failed they give me a piece of candy which turns out to be a fainting fancy.
I now have to write 200 words as I get up off the shop floor: DONE

Ask a Therapist!

1137 Reviews

Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:40 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

Draco is acting suspiciously so we follow him to Borgin & Burkes under the invisibility cloak and I have to do the 3-digit challenge as we do. (whatever the last three numbers are in you word count - write that number of words). For me that's... 984 at the moment.... here we go: DONE

Now on the way back to Hogwarts, all of my friends are either in the prefect carriage or were invited to eat with new professor Slughorn. I have to write for 30 minutes while I find a place to sit:
I need to write for 9 more minutes, but I also really need to go to bed. So I'll pick up those last 9 tomorrow!

Ask a Therapist!

1137 Reviews

Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:39 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

Finished that last 9 minutes.

At the start of term feast, Dumbledore announces that Slughorn will be the new potions teacher. I have to write 500 words while I worry about how I'll do in his class: DONE

In our first class, we have to make a draught of living death potion and the best one wins a bottle of felix felicis. I have to roll a die and multiply by 200 words as I work on my potion. I rolled a 6 -_- so that's 1200 words: I wrote 304 words towards this and that's going to be it for today! Picking up here tomorrow :)

Ask a Therapist!

"I feel like if men sent unsolicited dragon pics instead of *other* unsolicited pics they’d get a lot further in life"
— ShadowVyper