Young Writers Society

The Twin Sisters [DT]

453 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 453
Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:44 am
View Likes
Lib says...

Psst hi I'm not a part of this SB but I've been reading and y'all got some amazing writers! Great work, all of you! :)
*insert quirky signature here*

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:53 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Thanks, @Liberty! I'm glad you're enjoying the storybook.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:00 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Hey, everyone! It's been a little while since I posted in here, so I just wanted to see what you all thought of the questions I asked in my last post. Here's the question part of the post again, in case you need the refresher! :)

So there's two questions: which way do we want to go, and who should post next if we go the second way?
mage

queer and here.

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:50 am
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

I vote for the first!
always daydreaming, always clumsy

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:18 am
View Likes
MeherazulAzim16 says...

I'm fine with the first too. I've been meaning to write the post but I keep procrastinating :')
"We Are Groot."
— Groot

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:18 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

nudges thread

I'm assuming we're going with the first option, since no one's objected to it! I'd still like to hear from everyone in the storybook in this thread, just to keep it active. :)

In the meantime, how's your post coming along @MeherazulAzim16?
mage

queer and here.

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:28 pm
View Likes
MeherazulAzim16 says...

@Jaybird Hey! 685 words so far. As of now, I'm making the post my first priority. If I can get in the zone, I could finish it in 6-8 hours. But realistically, might take a couple days.

Edit: Also, I may have further questions about Arielle.
"We Are Groot."
— Groot

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:18 pm
View Likes
niteowl says...

I'm okay with the first option!

Man I don't think I'd even read the last post. I've been busy, but I should still be able to keep up.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:08 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Sorry to keep bugging you, @MeherazulAzim16, but how's your post coming along? I can't wait to see John join the rest of the group. :)
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:19 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Hey guys!

I apparently completely forgot to mention how much I love the last post on here, and also forgot to ask who wanted to go next outside of Discord. Anyone’s free to to go - all you have to do is follow the description in the pad.

Anyone want to post next?
mage

queer and here.

373 Reviews

Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:47 pm
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

I wouldn't mind posting next, but I was planning for Hawthorn to strike out and talk to the people who knew Angie - so perhaps some of us should investigate the crime scene first?

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:51 pm
View Likes
trashykawa says...

@PrincessInk if you're not comfortable, maybe i could go next? maybe use sen's powers to determine if the sight has any inklings of supernatural occurrence?
I was eleven years old
and I'd lost my mother,
and my soul.
And the crucible
gave me you.

mA

373 Reviews

Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:55 pm
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

In the mysteries I usually read detectives investigate the crime scene first. So I was just more used to that convention :P But sure, that'd be awesome! I think Hawthorn would probably glance around the crime scene to get some details of what they're up for and then leave to interview some people.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:07 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I like that idea, @hiraeth!
mage

queer and here.

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Mon May 11, 2020 9:14 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

The Twin Sisters

Arc II: The Game is Afoot!

Challenged Adventurers

@Jaybird, @MeherazulAzim16, @niteowl, @hiraeth, @PrincessInk and @TheMulticoloredCyr.

The Challenge

We spent the last round of posts introducing our characters. Now that we've all gotten to meet them, it's time to start working on that mystery! The goal of this round of posts is to start investigating just what happened to Angie Stone. Because of that, the points you can get from this challenge are mostly mystery-orientated.

Completion Time

March 23rd, 2020

Credits Awarded

You can get one point for posting, and another point if your post is over seven hundred words. You can get one point for doing each of the following things in your post for a grand total of four points.

1. Have your character think about what Arielle Stone said. Do they think her story has merit, or do they think it's just a burglary gone wrong? Having them be unsure if acceptable!

2. Include some mystery-solving with another character. This can be interviewing Angie's friends together, exploring her house side-by-side, or even just talking about the details of the case.

3. Have your character look for clues! As mentioned in the pad, you can have them either search the surrounding area for people that knew her, or have her explore the house. Asking Arielle questions is also allowed.

4. Include their individual plan for solving this case. How do they plan on getting all of the information they need? You can follow a traditional route (like the three options I mentioned in the paragraph above) or have them plan on using their supernatural abilities in some way, shape or form.

You can get up to six points for this challenge!

This challenge has expired!
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

Go and make interesting mistakes, make amazing mistakes, make glorious and fantastic mistakes. Break rules. Leave the world more interesting for your being here.
— Neil Gaiman