z

Young Writers Society

Marie Curie University of Science and Art DT

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:29 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Nike Yeah I've edited that DT post a while ago! The Character Template doesn't need to stay in the DT after it's been accepted, after all, that was just so people could see things easier while the template was being approved (assuming it would be), I stated as much. No worries there!
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

Reviews: 0
Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:00 pm
View Likes
TheForgottenKing says...

Hmmmm. Been a while.
"I make my own luck"- Shay Patrick Cormac

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:19 pm
Nike says...

Someone wants to post?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“There is no need to call me Sir, Professor.”

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:08 pm
HazelGrace16 says...

KING! @TheForgottenKing
"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine" - The Imitation Game

Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:45 pm
View Likes
TheForgottenKing says...

Ello

15 Reviews

Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:08 pm
View Likes
HazelGrace16 says...

I’ve missed you mah dude! Are you thinking of joining? @TheForgottenKing
"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine" - The Imitation Game

Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:28 pm
View Likes
TheForgottenKing says...

Yee

15 Reviews

Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:55 pm
View Likes
HazelGrace16 says...

Yay hit me up for character interactions if you want! Excited to have you back! @TheForgottenKing

@Nike I can post but I want to give people an opportunity to get their foot in the door. How is everyone doing??

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:10 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

I'll have my post up tomorrow!
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:56 pm
View Likes
AlmondEyes says...

Uuuuuuuum *Ignores last post*, sorry it's taken so long to post! I actually got really sick and have been too tired to get on. I'm starting to get over it now, which is why I'm on right now. I can have my post up by tomorrow or Thursday at the latest. Wish me luck!

Also @TheForgottenKing Welcome!!
"What is dead my never die, but rises again, larger and stronger..."

*Ride like Lightening, crash like Thunder*

"Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies..."

293 Reviews

Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:28 am
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Brace yourselves, people, for I. have. posted! (This almost always coincides with some kind of disturbance in the force, I swear. One would think my avatar is appropriate. XD) @HazelGrace16, let me know what you think of Joshua. I didn't end up writing too much for him, since the post was already long before I got to him today, so Kieran's interaction with him is on the shorter side. Collaborating with @XxXTheSwordsmanXxX was great fun! Some of these characters certain NPCs especially are simply irredeemable, good gosh.

As for René, I'm collaborating with @AlmondEyes on her post, so ze'll make zir first appearance there. I'll probably delay zir actual first post until after the HP event.

Also, welcome @TinkerTwaggy and @TheForgottenKing! Shayleigh and Desmond are both fascinating character! Lei is so refreshingly normal yet unusual, and I love that she wants to make calligraphy, of all things, her career! And Dez (another Brit, yay!) seems really laid-back and almost like he could fulfil some kind of mentoring role? Given how he's slightly older than most of the cast and seems to be a great conversationalist who readily gives advice.

Hmm, I'm curious to see how these two new characters will affect the dynamics with the other characters! LZPianoGirl's unfortunate departure left a void that shouldn't be too hard to fill. I mean, the Pam/Will x Dan/Seb group is pretty solid, but the other relations are still mostly up in the air! As far as romances go, I think Lei is in the best position, as she has five options! And that's without counting Mia's complicated situation as a possibility. Dez, though, is in a bit of a trickier spot, as he therefore has five rivals and only three possibilities. Unless the Singles Solidarity is strong in here, creating an NPC might have to be a reality for somebody at some point if everyone is gunning for a romance. (Unless polyamoury is considered an option, of which I'll always be a proponent.)

Oh, one final thing: the spam post has been acknowledged by staff and will be dealt with shortly. In the meantime, I've enspoilered the content so that it doesn't stretch the page so much.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

40 Reviews

Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:13 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@TheForgottenKing Welcome! Glad to see you already know some people here too, that always makes it easier. I'll go read your character template, now!

@AstralHunter Oh, hey, you posted! And a beast of a post, I see :3
You gotta stop them wordsmith steroids, I swear

...Well, I say that, but I got tea, biscuits, and music ready to enjoy it, soo... Keep 'em steroids on deck, actually XD I'll tell you when I'm done reading! I'll finish my post first, though, but I'll be sure to modify it depending on the events in yours since it's the most recent so far.
Agreed about the dynamics! I'm glad you enjoy the contrast I've tried to showcase between being pretty normal and having pretty quirky interests, as that was the point. And since the SB's about interaction experimenting, I'll just go with the flow!

As for the romance bit, eeeh, that'll depend on what other people here get, in terms of vibe from my coming post XD I can always create an NPC to deal with it, we're in a university, after all, there's a lot of students to use for that. Y'all tell me! Though I gotta properly catch up first, of course.
(Also a polyamoury option would be hilarious, and to be fair, pretty good for interaction).
Oh, and thanks for the spam post thing! I... guess that at the very least, it was a fun read, from a cynical perspective. :smt003
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

293 Reviews

Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:26 am
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

@TinkerTwaggy, wordsmith steroids is for lesser writers; this is pure skill and lack of self-control. :P

Also, chronologically, my post is set before Nike's, since I started writing it before hers went up. I left it open-ended so Swordsman can do what he likes. You can probably do what you like too (within limits, of course).
— Paul the Apostle

40 Reviews

Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:09 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Okay, I have posted! Welp, @AlmondEyes, I guess you definitely don't have to worry about lengthy posts anymore XD
But eh, in my case I'm not really surprised: personally, I know I always make introduction posts longer than others because the character's behavior is being shown. It's kinda like how Animes/Cartoons/TV shows spend the most budget on the first episode, but never as much on the rest of the season — until the final one.

@AstralHunter ...A thought occurs: I love how we could turn this into a joke about me asking where I can buy this Skill thingy, you'd tell me it can't be bought, and I pull out a print-screen of several video game menu with Skill shops. XD

Yep, I saw! The post was a lot of fun to read, too, so, I'll be sure to comment on it, now that I'm caught up!

293 Reviews

Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:40 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Then I would quote Flynt Coal from RWBY and say, "Too bad all that money can't buy you skill." These are, after all, people who confuse skills for abilities. :P

I loved your post! It's even longer than mine, wow (congratulations! XD), but it read seamlessly and made excellent use of NPCs to help characterise Lei. It was especially clever showing us her behaviour first and only then explaining it to us, as it allows the reader to nod and follow along. Random final note, but Hermione's unironically my favourite character too. (And Emma Watson herself is objectively beautiful.)
— Paul the Apostle

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one.
— Leo J. Burke