Home » Forums » Community » Lounge, The

Life Lessons From Disney Movies

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:37 am
View Likes
Elinor says...

I don't know about all of you, but I've been celebrating the release of Disney Plus by watching all the Disney movies

I know a few of you are as big of Disney buffs as I am, so I thought it would be fun to discuss the life lessons we've all learned from Disney movies, because they've been so special in my own life.

Here are a few of my favorites:

Bambi: We're all mortal, and our time on earth is short, but things like love last forever, and give our life meaning

Cinderella: Be a good person, no matter what, no matter how much the rest of the world may try to bring you down, and the rest will come

Peter Pan: Never lose your sense of wonder and imagination as you grow up

Beauty and the Beast: Evil doesn't always look how you think it will, and you'll find what you're looking

Aladdin: Be yourself. Don’t pretend to be someone you're not

Mulan: One person has all the power to make a difference

I'm sure there's a lot more I can share, but I want to hear from all of you. :)

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

509 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 509
Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:36 pm
View Likes
Jaybird says...

I'll admit that I didn't grow up watching Disney, but this thread immediately made me think of a video Thomas Sanders did as part of his Sanders Sides series over on YouTube. The lessons definitely aren't as nice as yours are (which is how I like to view films), but I feel like it's still a fun way of looking at Disney movies!

Spoiler! :
phpBB [media]
Magestorrow → Jaybird

"Perhaps it is better to wake up after all, even to suffer, rather than to remain a dupe to illusions all one's life."
— Kate Chopin, The Awakening