415 Reviews

Reviews: 415
Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:55 pm
View Likes
keystrings says...

I'd like to keep writing for this SB as well! ^^
name: key/string/perks
pronouns: she/her/hers and they/them/theirs

novel: the clocktower (camp nano apr 24)
poetry: the beauty of the untold (napo 2024)

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:07 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Since there's definitely some interest in this still, I'll look through the posts we have so far and my original plans for it to figure out what direction we should go in now. It's been awhile, so I'm definitely in need of a refresher. :P
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:40 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I'm still working on what I want to do with this storybook going forward, but I just realized it never got its own pad! I decided to remedy that with this pad, so check there in the future for any major planning!
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:29 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I just spent the past forty minutes working in the pad with @Hedwiggle - thanks for joining me, by the way! - and came up with a few sections you should definitely read over.

The first is a recap of what's happened so far. It should be faster than reading the whole SB. If you want to do that instead, go ahead! I just wanted to make something a little more convenient.

The second is a list of the active characters. Since @HazelGrace16 never really posted in here as of right now, her character isn't included. Everyone else is listed with their writers, ages at death, death, power, era of death and nicknames. It's also meant to serve as a quick reminder of who's involved, but feel free to check out the CPs instead!

Lastly, there's my plans for the storybook going forward. I need to sit down and write out a slightly more official posting order, but the basics of the plot for the next round or two of posts are there. Please check it out and leave your thoughts either in the pad or the DT!

(If you do check out the pad, let me know here so I can read what you've written. :))

I can't wait to work on this some more! :)
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:22 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I'm plotting out the next round of posts in the pad right now, so come hop onto it if you want to help me scheme! :)

Edit: The plot for the next round of posts is up! Please go check it out. The way I've run my storybooks in the past involves a list of guiding plot points that need to happen in the posts - each person gets one post during the round. The only exceptions are if someone drops out or if I need to do some fun foreshadowing that doesn't involve the main cast.

(Like in this round!)

Once you decide what post you want, edit the [Unclaimed] at the end of the bullet point so it says your username instead.

Here's an example using the post I claimed!

They're in the middle of sharing theories of where they are and how they got there when a newcomer named Sica arrives. She's an archeologist of sorts - like the rest of the gang, she's a dead person given a second chance at life. She's trying to find out why they end up on this other world when they die, why they get powers, and how long this has been happening. She offers to take them to the next major settlement: the kingdom of Arium. [Jaybird]

It would be great if you could claim your post by the end of the week - then we have an idea of how the round is going to go. :)
mage

queer and here.

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:34 pm
View Likes
Awru says...

I read the whole thing on the pad and you have done a very well done job. It sounds super interesting. So there are like unclaimed parts which anyone can take up to write and oh gosh I dunno which one I can write and which one I cannot write. I wanna write but at the same time I don't trust myself with the future of you people's children(Lol)
Also I really like the fact that there is a plan and I am not the one who has to make it. Such a comfort(I suck at planning stuff)
I was also pLaNniNg on changing Veruca's age I mean she is just a 15 year old lil baby doll and y'all are like NinEtEEn practically adults; teenager eating monster and ever so intimidating. Who knows what your gonna do with my poor innocent dahling. :D
Even
After
All this time
The Sun never says
To the Earth
"You owe me"
Look
What happens
With a Love like that
It lights the
Whole
Sky

453 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 453
Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:22 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Claimed my post!
*insert quirky signature here*

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:52 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

@Awru, go ahead! Having someone so young in the cast might be interesting, but I won't stop you from changing her age if you want to. :)

I also suck at planning stuff, but storybooks force me to face my fears since everyone needs to know what I'm thinking.

@Liberty, thanks!

I also have a little announcement to make regarding this. @TheMulticoloredCyr told me over on Discord that she won't be able to write for this storybook going forward. However, Val's already interacted with other characters. For the sake of keeping the story going strong, and to keep the cast from shrinking, I'm going to open up Val to anyone interested in joining the storybook.

I'll make the post over on my wall. If you can repost it, it would be greatly appreciated! If not - or even if you can repost - just remember to claim your spot like Liberty and I have!
mage

queer and here.

67 Reviews

Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:44 am
View Likes
Awru says...

I claimed the first post. I feel like it will be much easier for me to cope with. Also don't forget to guide me mage<3
Even
After
All this time
The Sun never says
To the Earth
"You owe me"
Look
What happens
With a Love like that
It lights the
Whole
Sky

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:58 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Will do! As soon as you're ready to write it, let me know, @Awru - I can help you scheme for it. :)
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:07 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

@Awru, how's your post coming along? Do you need any help with it?
mage

queer and here.

67 Reviews

Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:26 pm
View Likes
Awru says...

@Jaybird Uhhh! I haven't started yet. I am soooo sorry. Its that stupid annoying writers block again. But I promise I will start tomorrow and when I need help I'll tell you. I just wanted to ask exactly what kind if rooms will be in that building. Is it like a house or sth. I mean other then the library what k8nd of rooms are there. Also I am assuming it looks much like the picture you have posted
Even
After
All this time
The Sun never says
To the Earth
"You owe me"
Look
What happens
With a Love like that
It lights the
Whole
Sky

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:53 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

That's okay, @Awru! I totally understand. :)

And the building is pretty much whatever you want! I think it has the vibe of an abandoned set of ruins - though it's still intact. Maybe there's a lounge area, some bedrooms, and dining hall?

It does look like the picture I posted on the outside, so the walls are mostly made of rock and sand. I think a lot of the furniture inside is, too. The only other thing I can think of is that there's a plethora of old tapestries and suits of armor throughout the halls and rooms.

(I think I might have mentioned the armor in the pad, but I wanted to say it in here in case I forgot. :))
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:18 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Hey guys! Just popping in to see how everyone's doing. :)

I reposted the message about needing a new writer on my wall, so hopefully we'll have a full cast again in the near future?

Also, how's that post coming along, @Awru? If you're still struggling with it, maybe we could hop onto a pad sometime this week and work on it together?
mage

queer and here.

Poetry is like a bird, it ignores all frontiers.
— Yevgeny Yevtushenko