Home » Forums » Community » Lounge, The

What do you love most about YWS?

509 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 509
Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:20 pm
View Likes
Magestorrow says...

I'm always curious to find out what other people like the most about the site. :)
Spooky scary skeletons

send shivers down your spine.

155 Reviews

Reviews: 155
Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:52 am
View Likes
Prokaryote says...

I hate to say it, but I think it's slowly croaking. I don't remember another time when a simple post like this in the Lounge could go unanswered for this long. Even with the chatroom back no one is ever there. I guess it's tough competing for eyes in 2019. My favourite thing is that it's still here, though, persisting.

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:39 pm
View Likes
WinnyWriter says...

Totally love the reviews! One of the main reasons I'm on here is to get my work critiqued, so, yeah. I like reviewing other people's work, too. Also, I read so many thought-provoking works on here. It's great.

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:32 pm
View Likes
jster02 says...

I love how nice everyone is. Sometimes I get the feeling I can't say anything on the internet without being judged, but this place is different. Here, I feel I don't have to act different to fit in, I'm just accepted as I am.

@Prokaryote I certainly hope not, though I do see where you're coming from. There has to be some way to inject some life into this place somehow. Also, perhaps everyone's just focused a little more on reviews than the forum. Speaking of which...

@WinnyWriter I love the reviews too! It gives the feeling that we're not all just here to promote our own works, but rather to help each other improve however we can.
Whales are the very best,
I think they hate the snow,
You really should like whales,
'Cause I said so.

I should infinitely prefer a book.
— Mary Bennet, Pride and Prejudice