z

Young Writers Society

On Stolen Wings OOC

616 Reviews

Reviews: 616
Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:24 pm
View Likes
FlamingPhoenix says...

Well it is a maybe so you do what works best for you guys. I don't want to make more work where its not needed. Though its a good idea. :D
FlamingPhoenix The Art Freak!
Stay Creative!

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:42 pm
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

I was going to have an council elder call her away from the group and give her a special task, or maybe send her "home", if she has a home... But whatever works, really. If you've got any ideas, feel free to post 'em here in the DT!
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:28 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

There's basically no activity here for months, and then eighteen posts out of nowhere? @ScarlettFire, I'll object if you make your sleepy posts count towards Loren's experience, because the edit button exists and you did not use it. :smt043
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:58 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

Shush, I’m totally making those count. AND YOU CAN’T STOP ME!!

616 Reviews

Reviews: 616
Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:25 am
View Likes
FlamingPhoenix says...

Calling her away from a different mission will work! :D Thanks guys!
FlamingPhoenix The Art Freak!
Stay Creative!

293 Reviews

Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:41 am
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

I finally read your post, @Omnom! In the continuity of the posts preceding it, Aran and Sezhen concealed themselves when entering and exiting the... palace? (It's been too long since this SB had any activity; I've forgotten so many things. XD) So, only Loren knows about Aran, but I don't think he knows who he is or that he was assigned to mentor the party. Since the riders were meant to gather outside the city, Aran's waiting there (he intends to make a dramatic appearance). The easiest solution is just to remove all references to him in your post, since it's literally like he doesn't exist yet, haha.

Oh, but also! Since you asked about portrayal (and I enjoy both giving and receiving constructive criticism), he was too snobbish — Aran's an extreme tease and infallibly friendly. Also, just as a reminder, Sezheren is 3301 years old, so he's not... exactly small or easily intimidated. XD
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:44 am
View Likes
Omni says...

I posted in the discord but I'll just remove the references to Aran and change them to fit anel before he leaves. I think that'll be the easiest solution.

Regarding Aran, whoops! I tried my best haha, but I honestly don't think I made sezheren easily intimidated? At the very end with tyndros, sezheren would be intimidated because tyndros is older and much larger. It says in your ct that sezheren is fairly average size for his age, while tyndros is a large dragon. Other than that, I think the reactions of the dragons were of unease when the conclave came in, and I wouldn't say being challenged by the conclave's dragons is a sign of being easily intimidated. Those dragons are built for battle. However, in the future, I would love to collab to better understand all the characters. I just wanted to get my post out as fast as possible, so I understand that I didn't do the characters justice D:
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

293 Reviews

Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:23 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Ahhh, I knew Tyndros was large, but I didn't know he was large even for a dragon more than five thousand years old. However, since there are so few old dragons still around, wouldn't they realistically know each other by now? Granted Sezheren would be red and gold when Aran makes his appearance, not white and gold, but I'm sure Tyndros would be able to see through the very flimsy façade, especially given his and Aran's nicknames being the same. (But I'm sure Tyndros would be wise enough to keep the information to himself, of course.)

Also, nobody can be as impressive as Tyndros, but I like to believe Sezheren could solo all the smaller dragons, bred for battle or not. XD

As for the collaboration, I'd love to! Malik and Edana have strong enough personalities to be easily depicted, and I'm used to Scarlett's style enough to be able to handle Loren, but I'd be totally lost on how to portray Kiera.
— Paul the Apostle

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:34 pm
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

Technically, I don’t think Malik will be in the post you make, Astral. He isn’t with the main group at this point, and I think Scar said she would be the one to write the fight between Edana and Malik. If it ends up being you though, Europa and I have already roleplayed the way they would fight and talk to each other, so I could send you some screenshots of that. Obviously, some things could be adjusted, especially with the other characters, but those lines would be the general feel of what they’d be doing if that makes sense.
he/she/they

winter you are an adorable bean and I love your bad social awareness xD ~Omni
omni played robin hood, stole winter's brain cell ~Silver
winter is the only person who would survive the machine uprising ~Europa

212 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:41 pm
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

I've actually been doing a quick outline for the posts! Which I will post in a bit--as a link to a wfp in the discord so, like. Check that out when you get a chance. I'd love to have some feedback for it!

293 Reviews

Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:44 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Oh, no! Winter, I wasn't implying that I would write for Malik anytime soon! I meant he's not hard to portray generally — when undercover, he'll be flirtatious, mildly obnoxious, and stubborn when he disagrees with something; when not, he'll be self-centred, belligerent, and needlessly petty and spiteful. XD
— Paul the Apostle

212 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:54 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

OKAY. Just a quick update for the next few posts;

• Malik is tasked with following the group once they leave the city--but he's Angry and Frustrated because his task was changed at the last minute. But he'll spy on them from a distance because it's what he was asked to do (@winterwolf0100) [POV Malik]
  • The Riders leave the city and meet Aran (@AstralHunter collabed with @Omnom @ScarlettFire) [POV Aran!]
  • Montage of their trip to the border, being attacked by wolves or something (definitely or something XD), someone (probably one of the dragons) killing it, everyone complaining, then they cross the border and Loren's mother attacks (@Scarlett collabed with Astral/Omnom/Europa) [POV Loren]

And then this for whenever Europa's up for it;
  • The others rush into the village with a bleeding Loren, Edana takes them to her brother's and Aran asks his dragon to heal him (Europa/Astral) [POV Autumn]
  • There's some group bonding going on, the usual, shenanigans, angst, and then Edana catches a glimpse of Malik and goes looking for him but he's gone. Kiera follows, asks her if she's alright (Omnom/Europa) [POV Edana]

Also, reminder to self: Luna and Anel are called away/given independant tasks and therefore have left the group by the end of the next Loren post.

More of the posting order plot stuff in here so feel free to take a look and add comments

ALSO; Posting Order subject to change
Mal (Winter) - planned
Aranthel (Astral) -
Loren (Scar) -
Autumn (Europa) -
Edana (Europa) -
Kiera (Omni) -

293 Reviews

Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:36 pm
BrumalHunter says...

Didn't @TinkerTwaggy agree to write for Anel again?
— Paul the Apostle

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:58 pm
Europa says...

@ScarlettFire The way the order is right now, it looks like I'm double posting? Which I'm fine with, just wanted to make sure that was intentional

212 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:04 pm
ScarlettFire says...

I figured you could put both POVs in one post if that makes it easier but double-posting is fine as well!

And yes, Astral, he did!

I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.
— Romans 9:25