z

Young Writers Society

Stumbling In As A Newbie

Reviews: 1
Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:23 am
View Likes
tishi says...

Oh dear, I’m horrible at introductions.

Please sit and have some tea - or coffee... Oh! We also have juice boxes.

Anyways, hello there, beautiful people! I just wanted to pop in and introduce myself. You can call me tishi, or T, or whatever nickname you come up with is welcome.

I’m hoping to meet new people, hopefully make some friends and explore my writing with others!

I’ve been plagued by the infamous writer’s block for a while now, but I love writing horror, fantasy, sci-fi, mystery, and pretty much anything I’m feeling at the moment. I’m also a sucker for romance but have no idea how to write it!

Let’s see, some interests of mine would be... Writing, Music, Singing, Reading, Filmmaking and Movies, Food, Manga and Anime, Art (Mostly digital), and Photography.

Well, enough about me! I apologize for boring you poor souls. Here’s a cookie for your patience.

{\__/}
( • ^ •)
/ >🍪
.˚ ᵎ┊͙I'm just a girl with a head full of dreams
⋆* ❤︎ ⁺⑅

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:18 pm
Holysocks says...

Welcome to the family! C: Hopefully we can help chase your writer's block away, and all that good stuff!

Ohhh, art! I'd really like to get a better grasp of digital art myself... but I just find it less intuitive for me than traditional art. Do you do anime style art then?
100% autistic

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:38 pm
Hattable says...

Heya, welcome to the site! I, too, have been suffering from writer’s block for AGES, but sci-fi is My Jam. Hopefully you’re able to crawl out of the block soon!

I see you mention movies and music as well- do you have a favorite band/song or movie? (I want to ask if you’ve seen Ghibli movies given the movie+anime interests but it feels like a duMb qUestion)
"I remember I posted Klingon and it made the mods super hard" -Willard

Prok once said something about Nate and apple pie. I forget the context.

Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:48 pm
View Likes
tishi says...

Thank you for the warm welcome @Holysocks ! I'm currently in the process of exploring styles, but yes, I really enjoy drawing anime. I actually want to get back into traditional art, but I'm just so used to digital art now and all it's perks that I don't know the first thing about paints and traditional supplies. All I can do is sketch now, haha.

We should exchange tips sometimes :>
Last edited by tishi on Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
⋆* ❤︎ ⁺⑅

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:55 pm
Holysocks says...

That's really cool! ^_^ I'd love to exchange tips sometime! C:
100% autistic

Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:58 pm
View Likes
tishi says...

Hiya, @Hattable! Ugh, I can't wait to ditch this writer's block and start writing again. I love writing sci-fi as well, but I find it a bit harder to write. Especially with the technology and science aspects to it.

And yes, I've definitely seen the Ghibli movies! Though it's been a while since I've watched them. And no stupid questions here!

As for my favourite movie or band, I couldn't choose a favourite. Since I'm frustratingly indecisive and I'm the type of person to listen to a song over and over until I'm sick of it and the artist, haha. What are your favourite genre of movies/songs?
⋆* ❤︎ ⁺⑅

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:41 pm
Hattable says...

Ah heck I have trouble picking favorites as well so I shouldn’t have asked someone else theirs, haha. Not sure my favorite genres of music, and movies varies a lot too. I like The Princess Bride? but I also really liked Baby Driver. Venom and Into the Spiderverse were gr8, too? So lotta variation on the movie front, I guess.

Also I way get the difficulty with science and tech biz in writing sci-fi. I’m pondering my main project right now and having trouble figuring out how to describe the spaceships and stuff. Ripperino
"I remember I posted Klingon and it made the mods super hard" -Willard

Prok once said something about Nate and apple pie. I forget the context.

Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:56 pm
View Likes
tishi says...

@Hattable

Haha, guess we're both indecisive. Have any song recommendations? Been meaning to refill my playlist that I've replayed wayy too many times. I listen to pretty much anything that catches my ear and suggestions always help my laziness to look, haha.

As for movies, I've actually never seen the princess bride, but I've definitely seen the others you mentioned. I especially loved the art and overall animation Into The Spiderverse, the music was fun as well. Been following marvel since I was a baby, so yup. I watch a lot of horror, action, and comedy so, I guess those are my genres.

And oofmagoof, trying to figure out names for tech and describing how they work in my stories hUrTs. Wish I could get a project idea soon though, what's your's about? ^^
⋆* ❤︎ ⁺⑅

560 Reviews

Reviews: 560
Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:52 pm
View Likes
Tenyo says...

Traditional Art 101: Yelling "CTRL ZEE... CONTROL ZEE!" at the page does not take back that random weird splodge where you hiccuped with a paintbrush in your hand.
We were born to be amazing.

I love how we all band together to break things...
— Kelpies