Home » Storybooks Main » Storybooks » Double-Trouble Writing Huddle, The

Jermaine & Jeff: The Semi-Illiterative Duo

111 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 111
Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:16 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

His eyes widened. "That's a great idea! Nerezzar canonically has a little brother that he lost and thought dead. If we took him from that point in his timeline, maybe our MC could remind him of Aalok!"
~Happy Chanukkah~

~Merry Christmas~

&

~ HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL~

"There is nothing in the world so contagious as laughter and good humor." ~Charles Dickens

186 Reviews

Reviews: 186
Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:43 pm
View Likes
concord says...

"Oh, wow, that's so sad, but also kind of great!" Jeff frowned, feeling kind of bad for the fictional character, but interested in using that detail either way. "So, we could say he was lonely and came across the MC one day. Maybe the person helps Nere-z-a-r," Jeff sounded out, "and he wanted to interact more with the MC or something."
i'm a slice away from falling to pieces,
each one tasting of a flavor from my youth,
when berries stuck between yellowed teeth
and the only worry was about missing a tv show.

111 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:45 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"Nerezzar's main motivations are greed and entertainment," Mattathias said. "Maybe he stumbled upon this world and came across our MC, then was curious and wanted to see what would happen."
~Happy Chanukkah~

~Merry Christmas~

&

~ HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL~

"There is nothing in the world so contagious as laughter and good humor." ~Charles Dickens

186 Reviews

Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:53 pm
View Likes
concord says...

"Sounds good to me!" Jeff nodded to Matt's words. "Dang, dude, though, like you really do have a great imagination for something like this. That's really awesome."

"So, I guess basic details for the MC are like name and stuff, and uh gender. Do you have anything in mind? I think you've proven to be the better source for characters, haha."

111 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:57 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

He laughed and shook his head. "No, I just, do it a lot. That's all. Practice makes perfect! I think it'd be best if the MC was male because it'd make him more similar to Nezzy's brother. Giving him a name that starts with 'a' would further that similarity, too!"
~Happy Chanukkah~

~Merry Christmas~

&

~ HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL~

186 Reviews

Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:23 am
View Likes
concord says...

"Huh, okay, so a dude and a name with 'a' so uhhh," Jeff trailed off, trying to think. "For a sort-of modern character - maybe something like Aaron, uh Andrew, but those are pretty normal, hm. How about Ardeshir?" He paused. Where did that name come from?

"Anyway," he continued, "how does Anton sound?"

111 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:40 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Spoiler! :
lmao

"Oh, Anton! I like that," Mattathias agreed. "Ardeshir's a cool name, too, though. Where'd you come up with that?"
~Happy Chanukkah~

~Merry Christmas~

&

~ HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL~

186 Reviews

Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:54 am
View Likes
concord says...

Spoiler! :
I saw an opportunity XD

"Oh, I know! I've loved Ardeshir ever since finding it in a compilation book done by a lot of people. Some called Feather Stone came up with that name!" Jeff grinned widely. He loved talking about The Outlands - he hoped more people would end up reading it.

"I'm glad you like Anton though. I guess that's a lot of the basics down, as we'll probably get more into his actual character once we start writing as him."

You can't blame the writer for what the characters say.
— Truman Capote