z

Young Writers Society

I'm New!

Reviews: 0
Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:29 am
View Likes
Hannahkm423 says...

Hey fellow writers!
Hello everybody! just found this website super excited to use it, and become part of the community. A little about myself... I'm 18 I've been writing for a few years now in fact i am founder and president of my school's creative writing club!
I'm also captain of the girl's varsity wrestling team, I wrestle for Team Texas, and I play saxophone in the marching band!
I love reading especially anything by Sarah J. Maas, and I write mostly YA Fantasy.
That's pretty much me in a nutshell! Can't wait to get to know all the lovely people on this site!

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:56 am
View Likes
Starve says...

I'm kinda new too, but welcome anyway!
The mods and admins seem busy, but they will official it up with the right links and explanations pretty soon.
There are a lot of people who work on YA/fantasy here, although I don't.
I guess almost everyone here likes to read, and my favourite fantasy author is Patrick Rothfuss, and Cal Newport on the non fiction side.
I'm a member of my university's literary club, and many of us use YWS as a way to share and critique our writing, so I think you'll find it useful for your creative writing club too.
Have fun and keep writing and posting.
Last edited by Starve on Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:52 pm
View Likes
Mea says...

Welcome to the site! I haven't read anything by Sarah J. Maas, but I've heard her recommended enough that I should probably put her on my to-read list, haha. Do you have any questions about how anything on the site works so far?
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

95 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 95
Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:20 pm
View Likes
Clarity says...

Welcome to YWS! Always lovely to see new faces :) I'm Clary.

A few places you might find useful to check out if you haven't already:
  • Knowledge Base - YWS - you can find all sorts of information in here, like advice on review techniques and just some general info on YWS
  • The Information Desk also holds a lot of useful information
  • One of my favourite places is Squills, it's YWS' e-zine and you can find some really good articles in there!
  • The Green Room is where all newly posted literary works will go until they receive at least 2 reviews. We're big on reviewing here as it helps us learn and grow as writers.

There's plenty to do around the site and I'm sure you'll meet a bunch of friendly people!

Happy YWSing and I look forward to seeing you around. :)
"Be courageous and try to write in a way that scares you a little."

she/they

Home is where the books are kept.

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:48 pm
View Likes
Eternity says...

Hello~ Welcome to YWS. My inbox is open if you need help. I hope you enjoy your stay.

Education is education. We should learn everything and then choose which path to follow. Education is neither Eastern or Western; it is human.
— Malala