Home » Storybooks Main » Storybooks » Double-Trouble Writing Huddle, The

The Trio of Hunters

436 Reviews

Reviews: 436
Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:38 am
View Likes
Saen says...

The Trio of Hunters

Brian Flanagan is a hunter, but not in the traditional sense. Brian doesn't hunt birds and deer; he hunts anything that could possibly go bump in the night. Demons, ghosts, monsters - they're all fair game if they're harming innocent people. This isn't just because he's got a good heart. He's a fairy, and it's his duty to track these troublemaking beings down and serve justice.

Dante Summers and Lucas I. Feren are also hunters, though it's a bit of a side job for both of them. Dante is actually God, and Lucas is his beloved younger brother Lucifer - facts that both try to hide as much as possible. In God's case, he's drawn to hunting as a way to leave stress, while Lucifer loves it because it's an opportunity to spend time with his brother. And, of course, both love being able to help other people out.

By a stroke of luck, Brian, God and Lucifer all end up working on a job in the same town. And it's while dealing with this jobs - and the ones that follow - that they all begin to see that there's a little more to the world than they previously thought.
“We should indeed keep calm in the face of difference,
and live our lives in a state of inclusion and wonder
at the diversity of humanity.”

George Takei

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:49 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

"Why, why did you think that donating this possessed tea set to a thrift store was a good idea?" demanded Brian.

"It could be useful to somebody." the middle aged witch continued to insist.

"It's literally possessed."

"Psssh. It's fine. It's a fine set."

"It is possessed. And cracked. And stained. And possessed."
Brian threw his hands up in annoyance.
"They can't keep everything, you know, they have to throw out stuff that isn't in selling condition. It's a real pain in the ass, because most thrift shop volunteers can't pick up on signs of possession!"

The middle aged witch shook her head. "It's a shame, how wasteful people are these days."

"It's a shame that somebody else, namely me, has to go through all the bloomin' second hand shops in the district, mesmerize the staff into thinking they work there so they can go through the stuff out back, manually check everything for signs of possession and or haunting, take out everything haunted, manually exorcise all of it, and then make the staff forget they were there.
That's been pretty much this entire month for me.

Now just, just tell me, do you have anything else haunted that you might have also donated here if not for my timely intervention, and could you please just get rid of it yourself?"

"Oh, I already did that. At the Sallies' down the street."

"Jesus Christmas." muttered Brian.
Frog + fairy dust = a funny sounding siren.

436 Reviews

Reviews: 436
Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:27 am
View Likes
Saen says...

The '67 black Chevy Impala rolled into the parking lot of the motel. As they came to a stop, Lucas I. Feren - or, rather, Lucifer - turned and looked at the driver. They had been driving for only an hour at most, but he still hadn't commented on the elephant in the room. But now that they were parked and in the middle of getting out of the car, he felt like it was a good time to bring it up.

"Dante," he said, "why are you driving a car like this now?"

God, who was in the middle of getting his bag out from the backseat, momentarily popped his head up over the top of the car and looked at his brother with a grin. "Because I've been searching for one for ages, and I've finally found one!"

God grabbed his bag and carefully closed the door.

"But why were you searching for one?" Lucifer asked, standing awkwardly beside the Impala while he waited for his brother to join him.

God locked the car. "We're embodying the Winchesters, Luci. If I wasn't using Dante this time around, I'd be Dean. And you might not be using Sam as an alias, but Sam is connected with-"

Lucifer gave him a look. "I'm only on season one," he reminded him.

God's face fell.

"But it's okay," he said, readjusting the strap of his bag as he walked to the motel's entrance. God followed behind him, still clearly horrified at the thought of almost ruining part of the show for his baby brother. The moment the two set foot inside the building, heads immediately turned. Lucifer instinctively took a step towards God; he hated the attention.

He knew it had to be because of how they were dressed. God was dressed like he was some sort of rebellious teen, and he was dressed like he was a businessman. He would have just made his outfit match his brother's if he wasn't terrified of looking more intimidating than he already did - and the suit did have its benefits when trying to convince people that he really was Lucifer.

Getting their room went without a hitch, and the two started to bring their few bags down to it before embarking out on this specific job. "Let's go over the details," God said after they left the room. They needed to go back to their car now; it would take some driving to get downtown.

"There's been a series of possessions," Lucifer quietly said as he got into the car. God started the engine. "And they all seem to originate from thrift stores."

"But not any specific one," God said with a sigh. "This is going to be a long one, isn't it?"

Lucifer gave a somewhat sorrowful nod in agreement.
“We should indeed keep calm in the face of difference,
and live our lives in a state of inclusion and wonder
at the diversity of humanity.”

George Takei

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:10 am
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Brian stood on a stool to reach the lid of the dumpster behind the thrift store, and tipped another haunted toaster onto the pile of possessed junk. Then he poured in some holy water from a plastic bottle, hopped off of the stool, and stood back five paces.

He began to mutter a chant in Latin, which might have been recognizable to the trained ear as part of an exorcism ritual, if not for Brian's tendency to bleed the words together, or pronounce them so bizarrely.
Frog + fairy dust = a funny sounding siren.

Anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.
— J.K. Rowling