z

Young Writers Society

Deserted in Space [DT]

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:04 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Character submitted! Now, to read things I may or may not have missed in this DT...

EDIT: Done, and character accepted. Thanks, @CoffeeCat! Now I shall move on to RELATIONSHIPS
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:42 am
View Likes
Synnoev says...

Profile submitted!! I'll check out the WFP too :)

92 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 92

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:59 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I apologize for not getting around to not writing down character relationships! I'm pretty busy this week but I'm going to try to get those done as soon as possible. <3 I did read through the pad, though!
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

92 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:40 pm
View Likes
AvantCoffee says...

Some fun education ;3
Spoiler! :
phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

Of course the Taxzi Crafts won't die in a black hole. Because fiction. And the wormholes of this SB are kind of a mix of all the types from the video, I think. Point is, it all works, it's quick, and no one dies.

Also, don't tell anyone, but I may be writing up the first SB post. Maybe. As in I've started but I also need to do other stuff so it might take longer to finish.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:59 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Education? Allow me to copy your example, dear SB Mistress!

↑ Images, and link to the full gallery of the inspiration behind Glayosei's art! Many of that site's explanations and details are gonna be used as inspiration for Glayosei himself, so expect some of that.

Yayayayayay Good luck, m'dear!

Also, done with the WFP relationships!
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

92 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:29 pm
View Likes
AvantCoffee says...

Fist SB post is up! It begins! :D

Here is the posting format to go at the top of each Storybook post (which I will also put in the first DT post):
Code: Select all
[center][size=200][small-caps]Your Character's Name[/small-caps][/size][/center]

And for scene breaks (if needed):
Code: Select all
[center][b]—//∫//—[/b][/center]

From reading over the WFP, I assume everyone is okay with following the Plot Stages that are there so far. We have commenced Stage 1 — Thrown Off Course. Here is the Stage 1 info copied and pasted from the WFP:
Spoiler! :
>>Taxzi Craft XIIV3E has been shot out of the wormhole and is now somewhere in deep space. A moment ago your character was minding their own business, waiting out the travel until the next stop -- Eduūm galaxy. Now, after some rough and unexpected turbulence, the characters have been thrown into deep space. Not good.
>>Characters react to this troubling situation and begin to interact with each other. They try to stay calm while asking questions and getting to the bottom of what has happened.
>>Announcements are made through the speakers of the craft. Small groups are formed to take plans of action towards a solution. There are quite a few passengers on the craft, yet by chance all the Storybook characters form a small group together. The full extent of their situation begins to dawn on the characters.
>>Characters navigate the Taxzi Craft in search of emergency resources, clues to what might've happened, and useful equipment/items/weapons etc. Character relationships begin to form.
>>This stage ends when the Taxzi Craft is shaken by something big outside. It is announced over the speakers that a huge unidentified creature, seeming to have manifested out of nowhere, is attacking the Taxzi Craft.

For our first posts, the key word is orientation — after all, the characters were pretty knocked around in that wormhole. This means discovering Who, What, and Where...

Who: Introduce your own character and try to include others in your post. All the Storybook characters are in the same passenger compartment of the Taxi Craft, giving them a natural reason to form a group. Don't expect relationships to develop rapidly, as this is only the first round of posts. However, the characters will interact, and first impressions will be made ;)
What: The Taxzi Craft. As you know (from reading my first SB character post), Tephra has disobeyed the control room announcement and has run off to explore (no surprise there). This gives the other characters an excuse to chase after her (in hopes to bring her back to the sanity safety of the compartment, if they are caring enough), allowing them to also explore the Craft. You may describe the Craft however you wish, within reason. This exploration might provide clues as to what happened, surrounding one issue of considerable importance:
Where: Where the hell are they? They have no idea at first, and neither do those operating the control room, apparently. By exploring the Craft, finding things, interacting, and getting a better view of the vast emptiness outside, they will soon get an idea. The UPS spacecraft satellite will eventually confirm their suspected dread: they are in deep space... incomprehensibly far from any galaxies.

Once these three "W"s seem more or less discussed/answered, Stage 2 will slam into existence (in the form of a great monster). Until then, I trust you all to have fun and get creative with your first posts (hurray!) c:

Some general rules:
— Try not to repeat conversations or have general repetition from previous posts;
— I'd prefer everyone to post once each in the Storybook before posting order loosens up (all except for Synnoev, since she's away at the moment);
— Keep the plot progressing so that we eventually reach the next Plot Stage.

(Bonus points if you want to include some foreshadowing or hint at your character's backstory, but this is totally optional)

Okay, so would anyone like to volunteer as the next person to post? ^^

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:59 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

@CoffeeCat I absolutely loved your post!!! What a great introduction!!

I have a question - are all of the other passengers in the other compartments okay? Or is there only one compartment? I'm just wondering if there will be an abundance of NPC's that'll pop up or if everyone else is dead (for simplicity's sake, even though that's very SAD).

Also, I can't really go next I don't think (maybe in a week if no one's gone by then) but I'd be willing to go third! And just in general, I'm almost always able/willing to work out a time to collab on posts too! So if anyone wants to drag me into a pad to help you or whatever, I'm down!
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

Reviews: 4
Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:52 am
View Likes
AmberSunset says...

Oh gosh that post gave me chills in the storybook... I would post next but I'm real nervous :? :D so I may post in a bit once I find some creative juices... but I mean I bet I could come up with something soon if you want me to :D

767 Reviews

Reviews: 767
Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:28 am
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

What a great start to the story! ^^ I can't actually commit on my ability to write anything, but! I know that's Simon's definitely going to be one to stay in the compartment since he's more used to following instructions than anything. So if anyone wants to interaction with my "totally a real person" that would be fun :3
[insert really cool and fun quote here]
Check out my novel shenanigans.
Or request a review from me.

[she/her]

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:33 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

LOL

JUST TYPING THIS HERE CUZ WHY NOT

Tottan might go after Tephra - but he also mught leave the compartment to see if anyone’s hurt or needs immediate medical assistance. As the resident medic, he’s like, if someone’s hurt? My responsibility. So he’ll probably leave, but with great caution, with his reasons being twofold: to find survivors and also drag Tephra back.
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

92 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:24 am
View Likes
AvantCoffee says...

@soundofmind When I was writing it I imagined multiple compartments (at least 20, moderately sized), so NPCs are a yes. hOWEVER, three things: 1. there have been quite a lot of deaths outside the passenger compartments (I thought because the compartments are more resilient to intense pressures or something); 2. When the monster attacks in Stage 2, many NPCs will die horribly, and 3. the characters won't really need to interact with NPCs much (unless they want to) since they will mostly be together on their own, especially when they find the mysterious structure and start wandering around on it. Because the structure is BIG, and they can get VERY LOST (lol). Also, MANY NPCs WILL DIE on said structure I would think, because SURVIVAL.

Hehe and yes Tottan is here to save the day XD

@AmberSunset Oh gosh please don't feel nervous! D: Just write in a way that's true to you, because that's the best kind of writing. If you think you could post soon that would be wonderful ^^

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:52 pm
View Likes
LakeOfCancer says...

I think I'll go next, I know what I'm gonna say in it cause I was thinking about it since last night. So, I mean, it'll take a bit, cause I don't have any time during the morning and rarely the afternoon, but I will try and get it out before next Wednesday! :)
Last edited by LakeOfCancer on Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If I had known I would die, I would've lived my life...

"In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back."

~Charlie Brown

92 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:01 pm
View Likes
AvantCoffee says...

@LakeOfCancer SWEEEEEET thank you muchly :3

And a belated thank you to those who commented enthusiastically about Tephra's post!! XD I was feeling unsure about it and was having a rough day, but you all cheered me up ^w^

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:56 pm
View Likes
LakeOfCancer says...

Update: I can post it right now. Hopefully, you guys are okay with how I made it. I didn't want to make it like, the same thing as Tephra's obviously, so I decided to do something a little different! ;) Hope you guys like it! I got a hand cramp from typing it.
If I had known I would die, I would've lived my life...

"In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back."

~Charlie Brown

The words you speak become the house you live in.
— Hafiz