Home » Storybooks Main » Storybooks » Double-Trouble Writing Huddle, The

The Magical Four

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:37 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

Zhi Huang

Zhi Huang turned back to see Sune and Arin whispering. "Hey, we need to talk about how Zhi Hui and I are going to get back to our own world."
In God I Trust

"as it is my eager expectation and hope that I will not be at all ashamed, but that with full courage now as always Christ will be honored in my body, whether by life or by death."
Philippians 1:20

428 Reviews

Reviews: 428
Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:22 am
View Likes
Saen says...

Arin

"Oh, cool," Arin said. She pulled away from Sune and walked over to where Zhi Huang and Zhi Hui were standing. "We were just talking about that, actually. Unfortunately we have no idea how to get you back yet, but I'm sure we could think of something."

Nearby, Sune glanced up at the darkening sky above them. She could get what the action was meant to imply. It was probably best to go to the shelter and discuss things there. (Even more importantly, they needed to let the two newcomers know about Sune's need to frequently change his guise, or things would get very uncomfortable very fast.) She gestured behind her at the rows of buildings. "Want to talk about it in our house?"
“When given the choice between
being right or being kind,
choose kind.”

Wonder, RJ Palacio

78 Reviews

Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:01 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

Zhi Huang

"Okay," he replied, nodding. He entered first, followed by Zhi Hui. Concern filled his mind, since even their new friends didn't know how to send them back, but he tried to keep his expression cheerful.
In God I Trust

"as it is my eager expectation and hope that I will not be at all ashamed, but that with full courage now as always Christ will be honored in my body, whether by life or by death."

428 Reviews

Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:24 am
View Likes
Saen says...

Sune

The two travelers quickly followed after them, Sune's essence itching for a new guise. He had been stuck looking like a wraith for at least an hour, and likely longer than that. And it sucked. Besides the fact that his essence hating being in the same guise for long period of times, he kept forgetting how tall he was. Only hitting his head on the doorway reminded him, and it was a very painful reminder.

The house itself wasn't all that special. It only had one makeshift bed for Arin, since he didn't need to sleep. There was a nice little table with two chairs for them to discuss things, and a small station to the back of the room where Arin fixed up her kisti when they got back from a performance.
choose kind.”

Wonder, RJ Palacio

78 Reviews

Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:36 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

Zhi Hui

Zhi Hui cleared his throat softly as a thought came to mind. "Um . . . you said earlier that there aren't any magic beings in this world. So what happens when someone like you shows up?"
In God I Trust

428 Reviews

Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:30 pm
Saen says...

Arin

She took a deep breath.

"Well," Arin admitted, "we pretend to be normal humans. It's pretty easy for me. All I have to do is not impulsively use my magic, and I'm good. Sune, on the other hand..." She paused, studying her boyfriend out of the corner of her eye. "He has to do a lot more."

Sune gave a small smile. "But it's necessary," he added, sitting down on the end of Arin's bed. She quickly joined him there a second later. "We don't want trouble. We just want to explore the galaxy and perform."
choose kind.”

Wonder, RJ Palacio

“All stories are true," Skarpi said. "But this one really happened, if that's what you mean.”
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind