Young Writers Society

What makes you happy?

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:30 am
View Likes
Elinor says...

Here's the goal, to list all of the things, from the biggest to the smallest, that makes you happy. Did this exercise before and it really helped me. List as many as you can! Hopefully, we can get a little love and positivity going around.

Old Hollywood, Movies, Disney, Pixar, The Beatles, Tea, Coffee, Movies, Books, Writing, Superheroes, Captain America, Chris Evans, Dogs, Cats, Sunglasses, Cute Clothes, American Eagle, Ice Cream, Powerful Women, History, Manicures, Nail Polish, Romance, Music, Disneyland, Pasta, Breakfast Sandwiches, Camping, Nature, School, Learning, Cookie Dough, Fall, Halloween, Christmas, Friends, YWS, and a million other things I'm forgetting. :)

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:39 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

!!!!!! OKAY I CAN DO THIS UHH

Things that make me happy: Writing my story, my characters, writing with other people - especially funny scenes! And uhhh PUPPIES! My little sister! My older sister! My brother! My friends who are so kind and gentle!! Roleplaying!! Storybooks! Singing! Some cool tunes that feed my soul! Cheese!!! Bread! Jesus! And how much he loves me! Chocolate chip cookie dough!! Warm summers! Swimming and pools!! Rollercoasters! Comfy clothes! YWS! Seeing a friend talk about something they really love?? And the look on their face? The light in their eyes??? Or the look a friend makes when given a gift or done a favor that really means a lot!! Being grateful and seeing thankfulness in others I guess, lol. Also hugs from loved ones (not just randos)!!! Gosh I love hugs. And drawing! I like drawing. Sometimes. Playing piano and guitar and ukulele sometimes too! Also a good night's sleep!
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:52 am
View Likes
shaniac says...

Things that make me happy: Ghosts, cryptids, writing, teddy bears, characters, friends, imagination, my parents, hats, food, chocolate chip cookies, sleep, hiking, the wind in my face, wet grass, nice smells, markers, artwork, reading, music, glasses, trees, bracelets, talking for hours about a topic, dreams, hairbands, YWS (of course!), post-it notes with nice things on them, potato chips, my favorite shows, kittens and puppies, a deep bass in a song, summer, crime tales, and silly pictures.
Shaniac starter kit: you must be fond of wind, squeaky shoes, and moldy bread.

You're like the Flash but in reading - @scribbleinks

The hardest thing about growing up is the ground.

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:55 am
View Likes
TheWeirdoFromBeyond says...

Let's do this!

Music, cute dogs, meeting new people and becoming friends with them, painting, drawing, doodling, writing for YWS, meeting new people on YWS, playing in the rain, baking cakes, doing anything with my friends- watching a movie, playing games etc, especially when it breaks some sort of rule, singing (though I am not so good at it), the smell of vanilla, camping, trekking, the smell and taste of dark chocolate, being a weirdo, the look on someone 's face when I do something they weren't expecting, reading books, re-decorating or cleaning my room (I know, cleaning a room is a pain for some people, but whenever I have something bothering me, it takes my mind off it and at the end, the new look of my room makes me happy), shopping for clothes, looking bold, eating spicy food, going to different places, and I am pretty sure I forgot a lot of things, but hopefully, I didn't repeat anything.
I don't act this way to change the world, I act this way so that the goddamn world won't change me!
-Desert Hearts
You don't think I am weird? You don't know me at all.
-TheWeirdoFromBeyond

TheWeirdoFromBeyond is a LGBT+ supporter

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:22 am
View Likes
Relaxistence88 says...

Talking to people makes me happy specially drivers, waiters, peons, sweepers, hawkers and all other sorts of people which are normally considered as below the standard of educated people(some stupid colleagues) to make a conversation and waste time.

I just love making conversations with these people who play an important role in our lives but are often overlooked as they do not contribute directly.

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:11 pm
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

Things that make me happy(though I'm listing in no particular order):

Laughing, talking to people I feel relaxed around, my family, reading novels, writing, goofing out, yummy food, breakfast, walks, library trips, listening to my favorite music, YWS, tea, dolls, nature, daydreaming, discussing things that range from interesting to silly.

Already listing them makes me happy :)
always daydreaming, always clumsy

396 Reviews

Reviews: 396
Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:15 am
View Likes
Pompadour says...

i think one of the happiest things for me is the rain, because it has so many memories attached, and just the sense of relief i associate with it brings me so much pure joy that it scares me.

lots of things make me happy-sad, though, like meeting people i feel genuinely connected to, getting an email from an old friend, head pats, conversations i can bookmark, when someone makes me a cup of tea, random unexpected gestures of kindness, drunken writing.... i also feel happy whenever someone tells me my writing made them feel something--even if it's a small emotion, it's fantastic to know that something you hashed into being has affected a person in some way. and it makes me feel warm and frothy inside.
How to format poetry on YWS

this sky where we live is no place to lose your wings

558 Reviews

Reviews: 558
Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:22 pm
View Likes
erilea says...

Hmmmm...

Any books by Sarah J. Maas, being productive, going to the library, hearing a good song and rocking out to it, seeing that I got a review on a work, debating, thinking about how awesome next year is going to be, clothes/fashion, Pinterest, reading about awesome feminists and battles against misogyny, the smell of dough and dumplings, eating candy/cookies/junk food, having nothing to do and just lying around (although that rarely happens), jamming out during car rides, long car rides during which I can jam out in, getting an email from my friends, all holidays, finding cool memes or posts about fandoms, fangirling, reading!!!!!!!!!!!, and eating fruit.
Was *wisegirl22*Artemis28*Lupa22*

focus on... enjoying happy moments

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:16 pm
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

Writing, colourful food, turmeric, pretty dresses, wedding planning, people with Polish names but Irish accents, Jane Austen, Harry Potter, waking up feeling well rested, talking to patients when they feel well, talking to patients after I've helped them to feel well, giving people presents I know they'll love, Taylor Swift music videos, nikkietutorials and simplynailogical on YouTube, getting texts from my friends out of the blue, when Fiancé makes me a cup of tea, having flowers in the house, cuddling up and watching a rom com, espresso martinis, watching the sun set from the bridge, travelling to somewhere I've never been, breathtaking views, any sea mammals, making a good diagnosis, reading a good book, Disney films, Star Wars, Audrey Hepburn, rosielondoner on instagram, having friends in my apartment for tea, fresh local strawberries.
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:05 am
View Likes
Mea says...

Spoiler! :
phpBB [media]

Praying, reading good books, reading the scriptures, listening to music, playing music, composing music, Harry Potter, The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland, Doctor Who, Star Wars, the Cosmere, Hermitcraft (Youtube series), Stardew Valley, successfully coding something, Christmas, Christmas music, Christmas lights, Thanksgiving, chocolate, cookies, homemade bread, fresh fruit, homemade food in general, writing, YWS, driving cross-country, mountains, fall leaves, kittens, fresh air, petrichor, spending time with family, friends, science museums, space, astronomy, science in general, thunderstorms, dry climates, spring, flowers, green grass, little streams to play in...

Okay, I'll stop now, but I'm definitely coming back here to cheer myself up from time to time. :D
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

You are going to love some of your characters because they are you, or some facet of you, and you are going to hate some characters for the same reason.
— Anne Lamott