933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:22 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

SECRET SANTA: 2017

Deadline for Sign-Ups:

Hello one and hello all! Welcome to Secret Santa, a YWS event that has happened, on and off, for the past few years now, but something I would like to make an annual thing! This is an event in which you are assigned to be an anonymous Secret Santa to a member of the site. To enter, members will fill out the form below and post it in this topic. When the time comes, I will take all the names of the participants and put them into a hat, then randomly draw names and assign aforementioned name to a SS! I will then send you the name of your recipient and it's now YOUR job to complete a gift for them. It's a very fun thing to do, something you have all probably done at least once in your lives (I hope).

Before we can get to the form, though, there are some rules. These terms are final and non-negotiable. Violation of these rules will result in your disqualification from the event, so listen close and listen well, because ignorance will not be taken as an excuse!

01: You are to keep the name of your recipient anonymous. After the event is over (and that's when I say it's over), anyone is allowed to come forward and share the name of their recipient, either publicly or privately. This is not mandatory; if you wish to not know or to keep your recipient private, then you are more than welcome to. Sharing the name of your recipient either with friends or with the recipient before the event is over is not allowed, period. It's SECRET Santa, peopleee.

02: Do not enter this event if you do not have the time to finish your gift. It isn't fair that you'll receive a gift and someone else won't because of whatever excuse you have to give. It's not cool, so don't do it.

03: If, for some reason, you need to drop out of the event or you know that there will be a delay with turning in your gift, then PM me right away.

04: All gifts will not involve any sort of real-life transaction of goods or money. There should be no exchanging of addresses, Paypal accounts, etc. Any requests for such information should be immediately reported to a staff member. YWS is not responsible for any off-site transactions.

05: Please respect your SS' form. If they say they don't like something, don't do it. If they request something, do your best to fill that request. It's up to you to explore that person's profile to get a better idea of what they're like if you don't quite know them that well. Subtly asking them questions is fine, but be cautious and don't make them suspicious! Just do your best to make a gift they will like and I promise that they will appreciate you for it. :)

06: There will be no requests for a new name draw. Take what you get and make the most of it. This event is to help open you to new friendships, not so it can be dominated by cliques.

07: Please post your completed form here.

08: PLEASE be appreciative of what you get. This person put a LOT of hard work into making something for you, so be nice and enjoy what you've got.

09: HAVE FUN!

Okay, now for the best part... the form! Please copy and paste this form, fill it out, and then post it in this thread.

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Name/Alias:[/b]
[b]Interests:[/b]
[b]Color Preferences:[/b]
[b]Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?:[/b]
[b]Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.:[/b]
[b]Favorite Books/Fandoms:[/b]
[b]Preferred Type of Gift:[/b] Gif set, graphic, writing, etc.
[b]What Do You NOT Want to Get?:[/b] As in, disliked fandoms/ships, colors you don't like, etc. Please do not put "I don't want a crappy gift" or anything like that. Be nice or Santa will give you coal.
[b]Other:[/b]

I forgot to say that by entering and COMPLETING this event, you are eligible for a December Event badge, made by a member of staff! Please note that failing to complete a gift will result in you not getting a badge.

Have fun, you crazy kids!
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:32 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

Username: Iggy
Name/Alias: Iggy/Kellie/Kels
Interests: Music, astronomy, playing games, writing, watching tv, makeup, generally being a piece of trash. :mrgreen:
Color Preferences: Purples, pinks, mauves, rosy colors, soft pastels, aubergine, gray, smoky colors, deep reds, maroon.
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: The People's tab!
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: My favorite bands/artists are Halsey, She Wants Revenge, and Paramore. I also love the 80s and 90s classic rock, although 80s are my preference.
My favorite shows are: The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, House of Cards, Stranger Things, Riverdale, Breaking Bad, Bates Motel, and probably more. I'll come back lol
My favorite movies are: Stephen King's IT (1990 and 2017), The Conjuring 1 and 2, Annabelle 2, Coraline, The Cabin in the Woods, Gerald's Game, and probably more. I love horror films, lol. I'll be back.
Favorite Books/Fandoms: Stranger Things, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Game of Thrones, and The Walking Dead.
Preferred Type of Gift: Anything at all!
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: I will be happy with anything. Literally, ANYTHING. ♥
Other: I LOVE sunflowers, mermaids, makeup, music, fairies, unicorns, sparkly things
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:47 pm
View Likes
Steggy says...

Username: Steggy
Name/Alias: Steg/Stegs/Steggy
Interests: Dinosaurs! And writing, drawing, singing, and sleeping.
Color Preferences: Blue and green
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: Storybooks
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: My favorite TV shows are Stranger Things, The Office, I recently downloaded Animal Crossing on my phone and now addicted, and Harry Potter.
Favorite Books/Fandoms: Harry Potter and Fablehaven
Preferred Type of Gift: Gif or drawings but I like anything c:
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: Nothing too bright or hard to read.
Other: I really like dinosaurs.
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:22 pm
IzzyIsHappy says...

Username:WhosabellCanWrite
Name/Alias:Izzy
Interests:Twenty One Pilots, Books, writng (haha obviously)
Color Preferences:Blue,purple,black
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?:Poetry, and PM's
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.:Twenty One Pilots, Fall Out Boy, Panic! At The Disco, Stranger Things
Favorite Books/Fandoms:RYDEN!!! JOSHLER!!!
Preferred Type of Gift: Gif set, graphic, writing, DRAWINGS!
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: As in, disliked fandoms/ships, colors you don't like, etc. Please do not put "I don't want a crappy gift" or anything like that. Be nice or Santa will give you coal.NOTHING WEIRD, just maybe a short or something
Other:I don't really want any sort of GIF, but you know, any type of writing would be nice!
You can close your eyes if you want, sometimes things are less scary

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:56 pm
bluewaterlily says...

b]Username:[/b] bluewaterlily
Name/Alias: Lily
Interests: Anatomy/unofficial medical nerd, mythology, fairytales, writing, Taylor Swift, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, fairytales, Pinterest , reading, book nerding
Color Preferences: Blue, turquoise, teal, silver, pink, purple, lavender
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: Double Trouble Writing Huddle (StoryBook) , People Tabs
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.:
Musical Artist: Taylor Swift, Evanescence, The Fray, Lindsey Stirling,
Favorite Songs: Getaway Car by T.Swift, Red, All Too Well, (Also by Taylor Swift)
Favorite Shows: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Legend of Korra, Avatar the Last Airbender
Favorite Books/Fandoms: Percy Jackson, Buffy the Vampire Slayer (addicted), Legend of Korra, Avatar the Last Airbender, Divergent, The Lunar Chronicles, Avengers, Thor (But I'm really in it for Loki)
Preferred Type of Gift: Writing like a short story or a drawing, fanfic if you're part of any of my fandoms. I’d happily take a collage or a Tumblr made aesthetic or word art or some of your favorite quotes.
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: Fandoms I'm not a part of like Game of Thrones or Harry Potter (sorry to all you Harry Potter fans) or Stranger Things.
Other: I love fairytales, mythology and Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Taylor Swift. Did I mention Ireally love Buffy, fairytales and Taylor Swift? Oh and I really love Loki. Hands down best villain ever. Spike from Buffy is a close second.
Last edited by bluewaterlily on Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"A poet is, before anything else, a person who is passionately in love with language." - W.H. Auden

102 Reviews

Reviews: 102
Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:17 pm
TheBlueCat says...

Username:TheBlueCat
Name/Alias: Cat
Interests: Computer stuff, writing, reading, art stuff, cats
Color Preferences: Light blue or any other shade of blue, sometimes light green. Teals and turquoises are really pretty too! And bright, glittery, sometimes neon stuff too
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: Green room, Poetry and People tabs.
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: Artists: Toby Mac mostly
Songs: Disney movies songs(NOT FROZEN), christian songs (wow I'm so specific xD)
Shows: Mythbusters, How it's Made, Battle Bots, Loony Toons, and Tom and Jerry
Favorite Books/Fandoms: Warriors, Narnia, Little House on the Prairie, umm.. I guess I'm not really in that many fandoms xD Other books: Out of my Mind by Sharon Draper, The Canymakers + A Mango-Shaped Space by Wendy Mass(I love a LOT of her books!), The BFG by Roald Dahl, The Cat that God Sent by Jim Kraus, Ella Enchanted + Fairest by Gail Carson Levine, and I'll stop at Anne Of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery.
Preferred Type of Gift: Gif set(cats!), drawing, poem, um, not super picky here!
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: I don't want anything in a fandom I'm not in and would prefer to not get any written works that are horror, romance or non fiction essay type stuff. Other than that, I'm not super picky!
Other:I really like cats, fantasy stuff, poems, and glitter!
Last edited by TheBlueCat on Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Unofficial Blue Cat of YWS =^-^=
she/her please <3

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1735
Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:22 pm
BluesClues says...

Username: BlueAfrica
Name/Alias: Blue
Interests: drawing/painting, singing, writing, reading, gardening, fashion
Color Preferences: Any shade of turquoise/teal/aqua, but also gold, black, white, red, and nice outdoorsy shades of green. Really any outdoorsy colors.
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: The People tab, WFP, reviewing, and some clubs.
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: Get ready for a hodgepodge of musicals, people, groups, and shows.
Spoiler! :
- Hamilton
- In the Heights
- let's just say Lin-Manuel Miranda, shall we?
- Piano Guys
- Train
- Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries
- Doctor Blake Mysteries
- Lucifer
- Merlin
- Galavant

Favorite Books/Fandoms:
Spoiler! :
- The Fairyland Series (Cathrynne M. Valente)
- The Little Prince
- Harry Potter
- Disney
- Supernatural, prior to Season 12, because now it's jumped the shark several times (but you know I'll keep watching because I'm in too deep)

Preferred Type of Gift: I'll take anything, although some sort of graphic or music is preferred over writing.
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: Nothing spooky/creepy/scary, please. No people-are-related-to-each-other ships. HP-wise, not a fan of Hermione + Various Bad Guy ships either.
Other: This is my main project and love just now.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:23 pm
Saruka says...

Username: Saruka
Name/Alias: Saruka/Saru
Interests: The arts (drawing, acting, singing) writing (duh) and I'm also kind of a tech nerd :smt023
Color Preferences: Mint Green, blue, purple
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: Stranger Things Club/Roleplay Geeks
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: (Musicals!!) Be More Chill, Heathers, Dear Evan Hansen, Hamilton, Phantom
Favorite Books/Fandoms: Harry Potter, Night Vale, Camp Camp, Stranger Things, Eddsworld, Dan and Phil, Voltron, Gravity Falls
Preferred Type of Gift: I don't really have a preference!
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: Nothing from any other fandoms (unless you know for a fact I like them and I didn't list it for some reason) and please no ships unless they're BoyfRiends (Be More Chill), Jeremy and Christine (Be More Chill), or Klance (Voltron).
a lesbian disaster

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:44 pm
View Likes
woahhitherepal says...

Username: woahhitherepal
Name/Alias: Adrian
Interests: anything LGBTQ+, poetry, stranger things, harry potter, memes and music
Color Preferences: green, black, yellow and red
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: the poetry section
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: favorite bands and stuff// twenty one pilots, too close to touch and waterparks mainly i listen to so many bands its hard to list them all haha. songs// i'll do favorite song from each band TOP: glowing eyes or holding onto you TCTT: the art of eye contact Waterparks: dizzy or it follows
Favorite Books/Fandoms: Harry Potter, stranger things, the clique etc
Preferred Type of Gift: Ill take anything my dudes its very easy to make me happy
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: when i mean anything i mean anything (:
Other: please have fun with it (:
im gay

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:21 pm
Elinor says...

Username: Elinor
Name/Alias: Ellie
Interests: Classic movies/Hollywood, DC Comics, The Beatles/classic rock, baking, nature/traveling, Disney
Color Preferences: Pastels!
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: Storybooks
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: The Beatles (Don't Let Me Down), The Doors (Touch Me), The Beach Boys (God Only Knows), Green Day (Wake Me Up When September Ends) and The Killers (When You Were Young) are some of my favorite bands/songs.
Shows: Mad Men, The Crown, The Office
Favorite Books/Fandoms: The Hunger Games, Before I Fall, The Giver. Steinbeck and Fitzgerald are my favorite authors.
Preferred Type of Gift: Surprise me! That's the best part of this.
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: Not really a fan of Neon colors. I can't get into Stranger Things (sorry). Otherwise
Other: Can't wait to see what you come up with!

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:39 pm
KiraThePotatoChip says...

Username: KiraThePotatoChip
Name/Alias: Kira
Interests: Reading, Writing, Art, Music, 3d Modeling, Video Games, and various other nerd trash below.
Color Preferences: As long as it's not neon or pastel, or makes my eyes hurt, its a good color. I do prefer darker colors, like a navy blue instead of sky blue, or a maroon or crimson as opposed to straight up red.
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: Storybooks/Publishing Center
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: (Oh so many, my life is sin) Doctor Who, The Flash, Les Friction, Really Slow Motion, Taylor Davis. (So, so many, but this list ain't gonna be an essay long, these are the most relevant)
Favorite Books/Fandoms: Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Tokyo Ghoul, Adventurers Wanted, Game of Thrones, Doctor Who.
Preferred Type of Gift: Whatsoever your little heart desires, I'm not going to be picky...unless it's a fanfiction between shrek and donkey kong.
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: Not a big fan of serious fanfiction(hehe), bright colors.
Other: I am a beacon of sin and darkness, make anything you want, otherwise I shall post the entire Tragedy of Darth Paleguis the Wise in this thread. (I am not opposed to guest appearances of Bob Ross, and I am being completely serious here. Take me into your bearded arms painter man!)
Bisexual Disaster, Master Stroke of a human being, may or may not incite a revolution.

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:22 pm
Brigadier says...

Username: LadyLizz
Name/Alias: Elizabeth, Lizzy, Lizard, Lizz, Liz, not Beth
Interests:
Color Preferences: Blue, green and pink.
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: The forums and the people tab.
If we're talking painters, the answer is easily Vincent van Gogh
If you're referring to musicians: Creedence Clearwater Revival, Travelling Wilburys, ELO, the Beatles, Bobbie Gentry, Loretta Lynn, Roger Miller, etc. The people who read my wall know my music tastes, just flip through my #songoftheday tags for a hint.
Shows: Why can't I think of anything? Uh Mad Men, Supernatural, AHS, Columbo.
Movies: Classic horror films, Mel Brooks, kinda Star Wars but depending on which one you're referring to...
Favorite Books/Fandoms:
Favorite two books of all time are M*A*S*H (written by Richard Hooker, which is a pen name you can laugh at if you know the content of the book) and the Hobbit, which is a pretty wide difference, but still my favorite books.
My fandoms have dropped off but I still hold onto Supernatural, DC, Sherlock, Star Wars, Harry Potter, hating on John Green books (don't judge us, we exist), etc.
Preferred Type of Gift: I'm happy just to get something.
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: I would gladly accept coal to fuel the furnace in the KotGR Great Hall basement, castles are expensive to heat.
Other: I have two labradors btw = i <3 dogs

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:19 pm
alliyah says...

Username: alliyah
Name/Alias: Alliyah, alli, alliy
Interests: Poetry, Religion, Violin, Piano, Reading
Color Preferences: Red (all reds/maroons/etc!), Blue (especially navy blue), Forest Green, Grey, Tan -- Anything except purple, brown, pink
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: All the Poetry Areas. And the people tab. And this thread -> The Poem of the Week
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: Leonardo da Vinci is my favorite historical person. Piano and Stringed Instrument music are awesome. Favorite Animal? Reindeer.
Favorite Books/Fandoms: Eragon! (Inheritance Series by Christopher Paolini), not really in any other fandoms but am a fan of the shows Defiance, Survivor, Downton Abbey, and Call the Midwife
Preferred Type of Gift: Whatever you want to come up with is pretty much great - write a poem, play a song, do something creative :D Yeah, I'm not picky, so will appreciate whatever you come up with I'm sure!
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: I probably wouldn't want to get a really obscure fan-fiction but I don't know - if that's what you're good at, go for it!
Other: ~~~Merry Christmas!~~~
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

Reviews: 1
Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:44 pm
Wiggins says...

Username:
Wiggins
Name/Alias:
Mr. Wiggins
Interests:
My interest includes writing of course, detailed drawings, kittens of any type, mysterious and unexplained things, and who can forget the scary ghost stories.
Color Preferences:
Maroon, Grey, Black, and any other darker shades.
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?:
Well, since I just started here...i been more seen on the Green room to deliver reviews. Or I can be found in the All Literary tab.
I favor classical music the most, but if i was to choose a band i would pick Red or Nickleback. As for favorite shows, I would say Sherlock and or American Horror Story. As for a favorite movie, i always been a fan of Beauty and the Beast.
Favorite Books/Fandoms:
My favorite read would have to be Real Ghost Stories (Brad Steiger)
Preferred Type of Gift:
Anything you and your creative mind has to offer.
What Do You NOT Want to Get?:
I simply do not wish for anything disgusting or inappropriate.
Other:
Dear Secret Santa,
I have been a wonderful man this year. I bring help to those who struggle and try to resolve all the issues in the creative world with my personal tips and views. If anything, I wish for friendship in the world of writing. Many thanks for your generous gifts this year, i'll appreciate each one to the fullest. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:38 pm
Pentavalence says...

Username:/b]pentavalence
[b]Name/Alias:/b]penta
[b]Interests:
fencing, writing (obviously?), sleeping, spending an excessive amount of time thinking about birds
Color Preferences: any colors are cool. silver is nice.
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?:checking my notifications and crying
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.:I love Halsey, especially her song 'Control'.
Favorite Books/Fandoms: Six of Crows
Preferred Type of Gift: Make it gay if you can! I'm gay af! (I also like poetry, but anyone who pays attention to me has my eternal gratitude.)
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: nothing graphic/with images of blood, please.
Other:check out my Tumblr blog @Ava-burton-writing if you want to know more about me.

Would it be weird to ask for something based off my own writing/characters? If it is, sorry, I'm egocentric and ridiculous. Do what you please.
________________________________________________________________________________
Formerly penandswords

"Not being heard is no reason for silence" -Victor Hugo

I have to ask. Does every question or statement regarding the quote generator end up in the quote generator?
— WeepingWisteria