z

Young Writers Society

Dear Grimm [DT]

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:55 pm
View Likes
ThemagicalEbonyFox says...

I'm honestly not sure how much time I'll have. I'll stay for now though.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:39 pm
Mageheart says...

Cool! I'll go put you down for it. Now that the entire cast is assembled, I'll go write up a challenge for us and get the first post up.

@Feltrix, I love Alex too!
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:06 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I'm sorry for double posting, but the first challenge and first post are both up! I'll include the challenge in the spoiler below to make it easy to find. You can also see it in the Storybooks Badges & Challenges thread.

Spoiler! :
The Challenge: Introductions

Our story begins! Because of the nature of the tale that is being told, two different challenges will be assigned depending on what type of character you have. I will consider myself one of the Grimm for this challenge. You will be able to gain the same total amount of points in your post, regardless of what type of character you're writing for.

Though the specifics of each challenge may be different, there are two points that everyone can win. One point is for posting, and the second point is for having your post be over 750 words.

Grimms

Mysterious letters certainly aren't normal - especially when they claim you're able to see monsters. But is it really all that strange for you? You can get one point for including your character's thoughts about the letter and its contents. I'm sure that you've begun to see the monsters hiding among the world, so it's best for you to include an example of that. You can gain one point by showing your character's ability in action.

Monsters

Being a monster isn't easy. You always have to keep up appearances and pretend to be something that you're not, just in case a Grimm happens to be wandering around. But sometimes you get flustered, and you end up slipping. You can get one point by having your character's disguise fail. It doesn't have to be in the company of a Grimm. And see that old warehouse? You didn't get a letter or message telling you to go there, but you're heading there anyways. By having your character decide to go to the warehouse and explaining why in your post, you can get one point.

Completion Time: 7 posts

Credits Awarded: 4

By the way, I love Oliver, @XxXTheSwordsmanXxX! I can't wait to see him interacting with Rosie.
mage

queer and here.

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:23 pm
View Likes
Steggy says...

Character is up! Let me know if anything needs changing.
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:58 pm
Mageheart says...

I love Jonny! My only question is what you mean about the Grimm Hunting Agency. Did you mean Grimms or monsters?
mage

queer and here.

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:04 am
View Likes
Steggy says...

By that, I mean they hunted monsters. It was a placeholder at the time of when I was writing it so I think I might change it to Monster Hunting Agency or something. And it has been edited. For whatever reason, I think I combined monster and Grimm, thinking they meant the same thing so sorry about that!
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:19 am
View Likes
XxXTheSwordsmanXxX says...

@saentiel so the knife that I gave him isn't too over the top? Though I gave him the draw back of not really being a fighter, that is a rather powerful weapon.

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:23 am
View Likes
Feltrix says...

I'm not Saentiel, but she mentioned in the info that some Grimms had guns. Regardless of what a knife can cut, in a fight, knife<gun.
Intrepid Explorer
Squire of the Green Room
Harbinger of the Cosmic Squid
Brief Castaway
Founder of Hermits United
TIME Magazine's 2006 Person of the Year
Dark Matter Overlord
Kind of a Big Deal

107 Reviews

Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:24 am
View Likes

@Feltrix hence why Olive tends to stay away from the fighting. XD

107 Reviews

Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:33 am
View Likes

@saentiel is this happening on the Friday requested in the letter?

177 Reviews

Reviews: 177
Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:16 am
View Likes
Chaser says...

Posted my CP. My Grimm will quite literally go medieval on most monsters he sees.
The hardest part of writing science fiction is knowing actual science. The same applies for me and realistic fiction.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:13 am
Mageheart says...

@XxXTheSwordsmanXxX, I didn't really see any problems with knife! Even if it can cut through anything, you'd have to stab the thing first and even that would take time. Also, it's up to you for when you want your post to be! I think mine might have been on Thursday or Friday, but I'm not really sure. You can have your post any time over the course of the week.

@Chaser, your Grimm sounds absolutely terrifying because of that but I also love him!
mage

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:25 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

OK, sorry for the wait, but I have an idea for my character I'd like to propose.

So basically, a fairy-tale wolf (not a werewolf, like a very big, very dangerous, talking wolf). If I'm correct, I can play that and be able to have a human form? That's kind of what I'm getting off Leo?
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:18 am
Mageheart says...

@Feltrix and @XxXTheSwordsmanXxX, I love both of your posts! Oliver and Erin are such interesting characters. Also, you hit Leo and Rosie on the head, @Feltrix!

I mean, I'm sure you could! My werewolf character - Nikki - is more like the character I showed you pictures of in Grimm. She keeps a mostly humanoid form, though she takes on more wolf-like attributes. So if you want to go with something that's already established, I would say go with that?

But I'm sure there could be multiple types of wolf monsters out there! You would just need to do something like what @Feltrix did with Erin. Erin can take on the forms of other animals, but they still have a specific form that Grimms can see. I don't see why your character and Nikki can be distantly related when it comes to species. Maybe a group branched off that didn't have the ability to take a full-on wolf form, and Nikki is their descendant?

So, basically, go for it!
mage

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:11 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Sweet, sounds like a plan. I'll get that CP up tomorrow or Friday, possibly later this morning :D
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

have u ever noticed how ugly rosy-lipped batfish r? and not like in the “aw ur so ugly ur cute” way that like opossums r — no they’re just hideously ugly beasts that should never have existed and r the epitome of evolution fails. the stupidity, blank look, head emptiness. they’re horrible n everyone who likes them r horrible too. they truly have the worst fan-base >:[
— Shady