z

Young Writers Society

The S.S.Y.W.S.

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:16 pm
View Likes
KaiRyu says...

KaiRyu wandered the island, twirling her transformable staff with her cat walking alongside her. Her mission was to map out the entire island, and figure out what part of it would be best for a settlement. The only difficulty was that the island was ever changing, one day a present day pine tree forest and the next a fair in the 1800's. For two years Kai has been trying to get a concrete idea for the island, but to no avail.
"Ughhhh! I wish that I could just figure out where to build the town! At least the setting is always interesting. Right Kaya?" She looked down at her cat, who in return just blinked. "Right, onward then to whatever surprise is awaiting our arrival! Man talking like this is fun." Kai laughed at herself and began to hum the medley to "Tell your World" by Hatsune Miku.
Sometime later, she came across a strip of beach and in the distance, Kai could see a certain magical fox. "HoI!" She called out to @ThemagicalEbonyFox as she ran over with her cat. "What are you here for? I thought you would definitely be on one of the ships!"
“So what? You're another person so of course you look different. What do you need to be ashamed for?” Ciel Phantomhive

"Reality is an illusion, the universe is a hologram buy gold bye!" Bill Cipher

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:27 pm
View Likes
Poopsie says...

A WHALE BREACHED JUST OFF STARBOARD; IT'S MASSIVE BODY FLOPPING IN THE WIND BEFORE SPLASHING BACK DOWN. IT'S IMPACT LURCHED THE SHIP AND A SALT WATER SPRAY ASSAULTED THE EYES OF THE CREW. THE FIRST MATE LOOKED TO HIS CAPTAIN,
EYES WIDE AND SAID

"CAPTAIN. THATS A BIG BOI"

THE CAPTAIN REPLIED BACK.

"HE THICCC! WITH THREE C's!"

THE FIRST MATE NODDED HIS HEAD KNOWINGLY. IN ALL HIS YEARS OF PIRATING HE HAD NEVER SEEN SUCH A BIG BOI. HE WAS PERHAPS, THE BIGGEST BOI.
The Poopsiest.

JOIN THE RABBIT SQUAD TODAY

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

364 Reviews

Reviews: 364
Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:51 pm
View Likes
zaminami says...

@Ferruccio1234567 looks up. "Oh, hello, Kai, I haven't seen you in a while."

@KaiRyu gasps. "Ferruccio! Go away! You were banned!"

"So were you, it seems. I sense dark magic aboard the S.S.Y.W.S., Kai. Very dark magic. Like, a demon's magic. That magic will plague all of YWS and I am worried for its wellbeing. Let us purge it of darkness and bring back the light through Illuminati and Yandere Simulator!"

Kai thinks. "Let me put on my spectacles."

"What?"

Kai giggles, hoping to have distracted him until someone saves her and @ThemagicalEbonyFox.
Last edited by zaminami on Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tartaglia, they/he lesbian.
i also go by skylar and reginald!
First member of the bio trio™.
victim of the writer’s block disease

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:11 pm
View Likes
Brigadier says...

In the distance, a hologram projection of an old Tide commercial came to a conclusion and the cloaked captain turned back to @LadyLizzLovelace. He lifted his hood and instead of seeing a human, she saw a bot. Not just any bot though, this was an advanced android, far beyond what the crews had seen in the previous Rise of the Planet of the Bots. One of his eyes was yellow and the other was a red flashing light with a strobe light effect.
"I'd like to invoke parley and I'd also like for you to take me to your leader."
@Castor and their hamster, Lieutenant Lizz's advisory team, slid under the rope and suggested, "that might not be the best idea."
"It's fine Adri. Get back under the rope."

The android gave her a glance that could only be described as a virtual sigh and he quickly cut out her portion of the magic rope. Then he called over two guards to take the prisoner up to the Captain's quarters. Lizz looked back as the rope healed itself with a magic she had only ever seen employed under @TheMaieuticMesmerist. These two guards walked her across the deck and when one of their coats slipped, she saw a star pendant hanging around the neck of goon #2 just like @BrumalHunter's.
It was in this second that the brave knight realized just what she was about to face.

They ascended carefully up the crooked stairway, the rotting boards feeling like they would give way in an instant to hard strikes of three sets of heavy boots. Wind whipped around the boat and the passengers and crew could all hear the cannon balls whiz by, making that sound when you strike the air quick enough with a light stick. The combinations of these sounds proved to be rather peaceful, calming the hearts beating out of everyone's chest and relatively silent to the blast they would hear in moments to come.

Not that you're going to hear about it now since that moment is still yet to come. Instead you can listen to how the key clicked in the lock and how there was shuffling across the shag carpeting, the sound of a vacuum cleaner having an attack over getting caught on a piece of thread. Yes, that was right, this arch villain was vacuuming while interrogating her. It wasn't really an interrogation, just two people shouting "WHAT?" over the sound of whirring motor and smelling the smoke from the before mentioned motor.

The captain must have gotten tired of this and threw the vacuum out window, leading to several crashes and bangs, including the collapse of the right staircase.
"I'm glad you finally showed up."
"@Lumi, I should have known it was you. First the bots and that hideous yellow. And I'm sure there were many things I missed before that while trying to avoid talking to anyone. Should I even ask you the stereotype hero question of 'Why?'"
"I think it would be best to avoid that."
"Good to know. But while I'm in the questioning mood, who else do you have in the brig downstairs besides @Sacredlege who I spotted on the way in?"
"A few retired people like @fortis and @Lightsong and some regular members. Eventually they will all come to my side of thought."
"I'm sure. Guessing @birk wasn't very hard to woo or do you think I didn't recognize everyone on board? But you have a question for me, don't you?"

He walked out of the room for a minute and a cockroach ran across her the tip of her own boot and under the heel of the other, leaving just enough gap for her to smash it.
Lumi walked back in and saw the crushed bug lying under the chair, then turned to her asking "Did you kill Florence?"
"You're crazier than I thought. Look if you're not going to get down to business, I'm leaving."
For a moment, a single tear ran down his cheek as he picked up the Bible and tossed the roach out the window.
"If you'd really like to know the question, I was going to ask if you'd like to become a pirate or a rebel or however you'd like to see it."

And for a single moment, Lady Lizz thought about returning to serve for the Royal Navy, before asking Lumi a fateful question, "Would I get my own ship?"
"Of course you'll get your own ship."
"Then I'm in for the duration of this storybook. And you should probably be getting back over to the SSWS instead of relying on one of your stupid androids."

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

364 Reviews

Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:36 pm
View Likes
zaminami says...

DG started to get frustrated, as everyone was still on the ground cowering. "You know you can get up, right? The danger has passed. Mostly."

The others started to get up and saw goose feathers all over the deck. Someone swore, and one of the mods glared at them as well.

DG rolled her eyes.

364 Reviews

Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:49 am
View Likes
zaminami says...

Spoiler! :
Hey guys, just a quick note, if you were offended by any of the comments that I have put down, I'm sorry. The only one I truly wanted to make the bad guy was Ferruccio, and I had the mods glare at people because they almost swore and there's a rule against that here like I obey that, haha... sorry, I won't do that in the future. All I wanted to do was make a villain, my specialty, which is Ferruccio :D sorry guys.

206 Reviews

Reviews: 206
Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:24 am
View Likes
DeerInBacPac says...

Fore warning, I have never done a storybook before so just, you know, help me maybe? Tell me the ropes. Heres my first try at it!

Flumadiddle walked along the abandoned beach, the sand warming her cold bare feet. She knew others were stuck here but... she only had one friend for the time being. She looked up as a sudden chill greeted her usual blistering skin.
Smiling, she said hi.
"Hey Grim! Think anyone else is nearby?"
The ancient being shook his head, responding, "No E.E. The one who is, I belive it is @KaiRyu. We will not bother her in her mission to settle this land."
Shaking her head, E.E told him her thoughts. "Grim, but is she a threat? That staff of hers.. yes, I am part dragon, with wings and talons and the abililty to see, to talk with you but that staff..."
"No worries E.E. She is friendly. She will not hurt you."
Grim rested his hand on her shoulder, his bone like hands with charcoal skin squeezing her shoulder gently in reassurance. His eyes, which were just wispy, hollow sockets that somehow showed reassurance.
"Okay..." She replied and sauntered back into the woods, disappearing into the foilage and Grim going to find his next victim.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:41 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

By some sort of magical means - though Sae was unsure of exactly what - she had found herself whisked away from @alliyah's ship and onto a much smaller, less noticeable vessel. It was a miniature version of the Storybook Crew's ship. In fact, she suspected that they were meant to be sister ships.

But it appeared that those two sisters had been separated in the vast, stormy waters that surrounded her newest vessel. And though she couldn't see what the name of the vessel was, it suddenly hit her with a startling clarity - it was the Roleplay Realm. She had never set foot in the Double Trouble Writing Huddle, so it had to be that aspect of storybooking!

Thrilled by her realization, she spun around to see three familiar and very confused faces. @soundofmind, @ardentlyThieving and @FalconryGirl9086 looked like they had also suddenly ended up aboard the ship. "I think we're on the Roleplay Realm," she eagerly informed them. "It looks like it's just the four of us."

Falx shook her head. "I think I saw @SacredPen sleeping below deck."

Sae gaped at her. "We have a below de-" She paused. They needed to figure out what exactly had happened and what they were supposed to do next. She vaguely remember helpful links and pineapples. Neither of those were especially useful. "It's been a tiring few days out at sea, so I think we should let him rest. But do any of you know what's going on? I can't really figure out how I got here or even what led to all these ships forming."

"I think @Lumi did a summoning spell," ardently recalled.

"Maybe he messed with time and space and all that stuff!" sound enthusiastically added. It was something that normally should have been terrifying, but they were all relieved that they finally knew what had led to this moment.

Sae stared at them. "So, um, now what?"

"You're the mod here," Falx pointed out. "Aren't situations like this pretty normal in tagbooks?"

They all looked at her in horror. "You broke the fourth wall," Sae whispered in horror.

"But that happens all the time-"

Sae slowly raised a finger to her lips. She had never been one for lying, so denying the claim was out of the question. But by confirming her statement, she would also be breaking the fourth wall. There was no way to truly win in this situation.

sound cleared her throat. Attention immediately shifted back to the problem at hand.

"Maybe we could try going up to another one of the ships?" ardently suggested.

It seemed like the best plan they could come up with. "Let's find Lumi," Sae decided. "He'd probably know what's going on!"
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:34 pm
View Likes
Rydia says...

Captain Usurper Overlord Rydia

A storm was afoot so it was time for Rydia to do what she did best and to sieze control! @Nate was a perfectly good captain during times of peace but honestly, only a true seafarer should be at the helm when the waters got choppy.

Aboard the original (possibly) and biggest (definitely) version of the SSYWS, the crew were hastening to batten down the hatches.

"What are you doing?" @Steggy asked her crew-mate as she tied another seafarer's knot in the rope and pulled tightly to ensure the precious barrels of chocolate milk were lashed safely to the deck.

"Battering the hatches, like the Captain said," @Wolfical explained as she lathered the raw cakey mixture over another hatch. @Steggy tried not to face palm while behind her back @MJTucker giggled with glee as she untied the rope safeguarding the chocolate milk.

"I'm going to be the best Tarzan ever!" @MJTucker insisted as @Sassafras stepped in to try and wrestle it back and put things to order.

"@Lumi? Where's Lumi?" Rydia asked as she rounded the corner, wireless helm in hand and being held steady to keep the ship starboard bound.

"Not sure." @Sheytato ran a finger along one of the hatches and then licked the cake batter from it. "I think he was walking into the mast."

"Walking into the mast?" Rydia echoed. She strode in that direction and sure enough found Lumi walking repetitively into the mast. "What are you- never mind. Report for duty First Mate."

Lumi stopped suddenly, turned swiftly around and saluted.

"Yes, your wonderful captain-ness?" Lumi asked in a slightly mechanical voice. Rydia guessed he must have a cold - another one! - which might also explain his odd attempts to walk through the mast. She turned away for a moment to steer the ship around a smaller replica and when she turned back, Lumi was pulling quickly on a rope and hoisting... someone? Something? up the mast. It was too high to see clearly but it looked oddly person shaped.

"Sorry, you were saying, Captain?"

"Oh, you sound much better. At least the split in reality you accidentally created is good for randomly and instantly curing colds."

"Uh- yes. Maybe. What did you want me for?" Lumi smiled innocently and Rydia logged it under things to investigate later.

"I need a status report on the other ships."

Lumi pulled out an electronic ypad and started to reel off the updates: "@Feltrix has raised a red flag on us and that's probably not friendly behaviour, @ajruby12 has split to another ship and @KiraThePotatoChip is leading a very large and threatening looking vessel, though it's not, of course, bigger than yours."

Rydia breathed a sigh of relief as her first mate looked further down the list.

"We found a small ship with @Lupa22 which is becalmed and sending a signal for help, @Kyllorac and the resources crew may decide to bail if the Knowledge Base goes under - oh did I mention the library is flooding? - and @DemonGoddess is using her demons to keep the Roleplay Realm from boarding us."

"Wait, the Roleplay Realm tried to board us? Under whose command?"

Lumi scrolled back up to check an earlier message. "It seems to be @Saentiel."

"One of our own? That's mutiny of the first degree!" Rydia shook her hands angrily and the whole ship shook as it took directions from the wireless helm.

"Well actually it says here that she asked permission to combine ships and then we told her yes and so- uh. I'm going to go take care of this right now."

Rydia let out a deep sigh. "I'd better come too."
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:42 pm
View Likes
Feltrix says...

Feltrix frowned at his ship. Despite multiple tags, it remained... empty. Of course, when he'd tagged people, there had brief illusions of them, appearing to deliver messages and such, but they had quickly disappeared.

"Do I really have to do this myself?" Feltrix asked, and then realized that he was alone.

He closed his eyes, warping the timeline out of shape, pulling three different versions of himself out of time.

"Hello, Feltrixs," he said, addressing the crew before him. They were a motley group, wearing an odd collection of pirate gear, medieval armor, cloaks, trench coats, and robes depending on the era the different Feltrixs hailed from.

"I vote that we elect the Feltrix from the year 12, 338, 519, 471 as the captain," 1957 Feltrix said.

There was a chorus of approval.

"It's decided," 2017 Feltrix said. "The oldest version of us is the captain."

Old Feltrix stepped up to the wheel. He had dark, spiky hair and a long, dark coat with a silvery fringe. He also wore an eyepatch, which, although it added to his piratical mystique, provoked worried murmurs from the crew. When were they going to lose an eye? They quickly determined that the oldest Feltrix not wearing an eyepatch was from the year 3, 459, 278. They all made a mental note not to get too attached to their right eye.

Old Feltrix cleared his throat. "When you look for the green ball," he said. "It will be under the last elephant on the parallel universe version of Aruba." He nodded sagely. "What else? Ah, yes. Ready the sails, you mangy, flea-ridden curs! This deck has just come into existence! So swab it! Haul anchor! Sail seventeen degrees east!"

2017 Feltrix, a bit miffed about no longer being captain, but looking forward to the experience in the future, sidled up to Captain Feltrix.

"What's the plan, Captain?" he asked. "I attempted to call in @RavenLord, @BlueAfrica, @Sparkawan, and @AkeliaTaske, but there was no response."

"I know," the captain replied. "I've lived through this already. In the long term, we're aiming for total storybook domination."

"Of course."

"On our own, we might be able to handle the Roleplay Realm, maybe even @DemonGoddess or @Saentiel's ships," he said. "But to do take on Captain @Rydia and @Lumi, we'll need a bigger ship. That ship." He pointed at the only ship on the sea that rivaled Rydia's in size. A lone figure was silhouetted on the prow.

"I'd hoped to enlist @KiraThePotatoChip's help in the oncoming battle," 2017 admitted. "The Black King's abilities could prove useful."

"Indeed," Captain Feltrix said. "But we need the ship more." He turned to the true. "Prepare to board! We're going to get a new ship."
Intrepid Explorer
Squire of the Green Room
Harbinger of the Cosmic Squid
Brief Castaway
Founder of Hermits United
TIME Magazine's 2006 Person of the Year
Dark Matter Overlord
Kind of a Big Deal

364 Reviews

Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:56 pm
View Likes
zaminami says...

DG was getting impatient.

"Fine, I won't help you," she snapped. "I'll make my own ship."

She and her minions promptly disappear.

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:08 pm
View Likes
AlexOfLight says...

AlexOfLight watched the chaos happening around her with mild amusment. Everyone forgot that she was there, so nobody bugged her. She decided to get some of her friends to help.

"Hey @ZeldaIsShiek!"

"Hey Alex!"

"Do you mind if you could pop over here, things are..... a little chaotic, and there is many things going on. You should really come on more often."
Everything is awesome! Including owls, swords, and revenge :twisted: !

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:59 pm
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

PrincessInk stumbled out of her compartment below-decks and went to the top. She looked around. "What's--?" she began, but that a moment a powerful gale knocked her off her feet. She skidded across the deck and called, "What's going on?"

"There's a storm!" called @Castor. "Turbulent waters and the like!"

Ink decided to try to help as she staggered across the pitching deck, hoping from the bottom of her toes that she wouldn't become sick. She rolled up her sleeve and took out a wet pamphlet marked, "How to deal with storms?"

And then she just noticed the library the Resources crew was curating was FLOODING. @Kyllorac was bailing out water as it slowly crept to the bottom of the bookshelves. Ink flipped to page twenty-eight paragraph ten: "How To Rid Yourself Of Flooding".

"That book's not helping! Just. Do. Something," said @Wolfical. Her hands were quite wet with something--no, it couldn't be. Not cake batter, right?

"The library of Knowledge Base articles is flooding!"

"I know. And there're some ships who want to--see @Feltrix's red flag over there? Not good, right?" The Storybook mod went on battering the hatch with cake batter

Ink squinted as far in the distance, she saw some ship she had never seen before sailing toward them. "What's that ship?"

Danger! she thought, and rushed to the cannons area. Aim it toward that ship--what was that? She smelled something wonderfully delicious in the balls. Were they...cake pops? Perhaps that was how Wolfical had gotten the batter. Ink, no matter how rainy or stormy it was, sat down to eat. She was hungry. She had been about to break off a piece of a gooey mess of chocolate and cake when--

"The cannon balls are not meant for eating!" @Lumi shouted over the storm to her. "Don't eat them!"

She sighed and got up, jumping into the chaos. The pamphlet she had been so heavily relying on fluttered overboard. Ironically, she didn't notice.
always daydreaming, always clumsy

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:14 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

"Oy, first mate, what's this about summoning spells?"

Rydia was a pro at steering the ship through the minutiae of smaller vessels and stormy waters--something he admittedly couldn't do wirelessly (yet), but for heaven's sake if he couldn't get an excuse in edgewise!

"Captain, if I may! --"

"And now all of our ammo is bakery cakery!"

"Well, don't forget the salt water guns..."

"And if you get me started on the possibility that @Griffinkeeper got away into the SPEW Griffin somewhere in my seas..."

"Well, yes, that is in the report, with twin and Founder in-tow."

"Is it in your report that your precious Tomes From The Tower are being flooded?" asked @Steggy, walking by and stuffing her mouth with a donut.

Lumi halted immediately and wedged the clipboard of his into Rydia's hair, grabbing an over-large bucket before diving belowdeck to begin bailing water where, unfortunately, he collided with a hard-headed @Kyllorac and lost consciousness in water just shallow enough to allow him to breathe.

Kyll rubbed Kyll's head and shouted: "He's out cold! Just start piling precious documents on him! Leave no pocket unstuffed!" All this as Kyll stood the Lumi up diagonally as a bookshelf and packed The Big Book of YWS Codes into his mouth.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:28 pm
View Likes
Steggy says...

The donut was delicious and frankly, there was nothing else greater than that moment and the taste of it. Steggy watched from afar as everyone was scuttling to and fro around the boat. It was pleasing enough that she quickly ducked behind a wooden crate, grabbing two more donuts. @Rydia was now piloting one-handed while the other hand as reading a how to sail booklet, @Lumi was munching pleasingly on a book, and everyone else seemed to be doing the same thing as before. Waves crashed against the dingy craft as most of the YWSers set sail for an island whose name was hard to pronounce or probably Steggy forgot what it was.

Regrettably, she walked back inside of the ship and down to the lower part of the ship. It was dark and muggy but she had stuck glow-in-the-dark dinosaur stickers throughout the place. Steggy was the only one down here (besides her pet spider, Carl, who came on all the adventures) so no one seemed to enjoy the stickers. Lounging about in her spinning chair, Steggy ate the last bit of her donut when suddenly, the boat seemed to lunge to the side. Another regret of going into the lower part of the ship, you have to deal with the sound of water echoing throughout the place and that just doubles your fear of drowning. Steggy was used to it though and ended up heading back up, to see what the big crash and hopefully if they were able to set sail again.
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

"Now I realize that there is no righteous path, it’s just people trying to do their best in a world where it is far too easy to do your worst."
— Castiel