z

Young Writers Society

The Mighty Metro Monitors DT

109 Reviews

Reviews: 109
Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:41 am
View Likes
ajruby12 says...

And yes, @Tortwag, weekends would be better. I just mentioned that because I thought (foolish me) that I'd actually have time that day, since yesterday and today were crazy busy.
(I was assistant directing a play this week and I had literally no time to get stuff done. Whoo hoo for that. But it's over, and I can finally breathe again.)
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them." - Ray Bradbury

109 Reviews

Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:46 pm
View Likes
ajruby12 says...

Does this Saturday work for everyone? I don't mind if we're not all on together, but I'll plan to be on Saturday afternoon, maybe 1 or 2. (I'm on Central Time)

Anyone who has any ideas about the plot can put it down in the WFP. Do remember that we have to have enough material for everyone. You're welcome to write a story section featuring your character. (I.e. Super CC saves a high-rise building from collapsing) but please do keep other people's characters in there as well! You can specify what post that material should go in or just put some ideas down. Whatever works best for you guys!

I also popped up a posting order sign-up. You guys can sign up for whichever post number you want (I'm doing the intro for the mission)

Hopefully this works ok. If not, we'll figure something else out. But for now, the desparate pleas of honest citizens in Metropolis are calling out for someone to save them, and a call like that can't be ignored!
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them." - Ray Bradbury

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:19 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Unfortunately, I'll be out of town this whole weekend! I'll have to take a look at the WFP on Monday.
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

109 Reviews

Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:07 pm
View Likes
ajruby12 says...

MKAY, so I'm obviously a forgetful person...

@Tortwag, @saentiel, @soundofmind, @Sheytato, @Europa, how about we aim for everyone putting in suggestions on the WFP over the next week? Like till next Saturday? (Of course, that doesn't mean we have to cut it off there, but stories have a tendency of just dying if they don't keep moving)

The suggestions really don't have to be that much material. Just put your name in for whatever post you want and put in your ideas for that post or other parts of the story as well. If there are holes or blanks in the story, we can fill those in.
Hopefully this next arc will be fun. I'm excited to have @Tortwag jump into the fray with us!

174 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:18 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

I!! Uhhh claimed a spot. As far as suggestions go though I'm pretty dry at the moment aaah... I kind of just come up with stuff on the spot lololol

109 Reviews

Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:59 pm
View Likes
ajruby12 says...

I will try to get my intro post for this next arc done in the next week or so. We'll see how school work treats me until then. See you guys then!

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:23 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Gotcha! In the meantime, School's been a bit less chaotic for me, so, I'll finally try adding some plot points - they're still written in a doc, I just haven't expanded on them just yet - and also just introduce DDD while I'm at it. I'll start working on that post/put some updates here after tomorrow, since there's a presentation I have to take care of, first.

How's everyone else?
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

174 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:24 pm
soundofmind says...

I’m doing alright!

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:04 am
View Likes
Europa says...

Hope you don't mind me not reserving a slot yet. I work better on the spur of the moment. Once I see where the next section is going it'll be easier for me to think of something.

40 Reviews

Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:09 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Europa I can't speak for the others, but I can tell you that in SBs, it's... pretty normal? Like, I'm the schemin' type and love to plan out my writings before actually writing 'em, but I don't reserve spots until I'm "in the flow", so to speak. So y'know, it's cool! Also, I mean, you have a yawning big cat as your avatar. One would be a fool to get mad at that, c'mon.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

40 Reviews

Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:31 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Bump! Halfway through the post. Exams are happening/ending for a bit starting today, though, so, I'll only be able to keep on writing this weekend.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:42 pm
soundofmind says...

@tortwag YEE BOI

40 Reviews

Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:29 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Was that a- was that a wild Ainsley Harlott reference...? DELIGHTFUL.

40 Reviews

Fri May 04, 2018 7:13 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@ajruby12

Way. way. Way. WAY. WAY. WAY. TOO. MUCH. TIME. TO FREAKING WRITE THIS.

UUUUUUUUGH. Anyway, so, I hope this will be entertaining enough for y'all!
Fun fact: I have used - and will continue using - a real dice to plan out Diecast's shots XD

109 Reviews

Thu May 24, 2018 4:14 pm
View Likes
ajruby12 says...

Ugh, guys, I'm SO sorry I haven't been on... School really threw me for a loop and then all kinds of other stuff happening in the midst of it. I have some stuff to work on today, but I'll try to get back into the swing of this storybook and get an intro post done. I know I'm going to get busy again this summer, so I'm not sure how much I can do with this storybook. Again, I'm so sorry for being gone all that time. Life just happens.

Poetry is a phantom script telling how rainbows are made and why they go away.
— Carl Sandburg