z

Young Writers Society

Defenders of the Dust City DT

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:34 am
Terian805 says...

@Thundahguy I like the sound of that! Make sure you link him to a certain area in the city.
@Tortwag Maybe Pango protects Ella because she might be able to tell him who he is and where he came from!
"You can't live over your shoulder, overbehind."

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:44 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Terian805 That would be a very good bonus reason, yes. I'm down for that!

@saentiel Well, Adrian could be the one to bring Ella to the Dreadmill. Since the place was added to the main map as an external but known part of Dust City, people know that it's a thing where the supposedly scary Tiny Tyrant lives, so, if Elly's being pursued and all, that's probably the last place her pursuers would like to go willingly, because then you have to battle, they have no time to waste, and Pango Lyn isn't necessarily easy to defeat.
(That and people don't know you don't risk anything fighting against him)

That's, for now, the only reason I can think of for Adrian to find himself at the Dreadmill as well.

And I'll have to agree with Lael: the plot-building is so much fun :3
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

74 Reviews

Reviews: 74
Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:42 am
View Likes
deleted221222 says...

I submitted Slayer. I don't know if having a character with multiple personality disorder is considered cheating or not, but hey, why not?
His backstory might also be a bit too dark, so I could try to change it if it doesn't match the tone of the storybook.

31 Reviews

Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:36 am
Terian805 says...

Looks great! A darker tone is what I'm going for in this Storybook, so that's fine!

Also, I reckon we'll just call the Vapour folk, "Vapours" as i'm starting to think that the former sounds odd.

74 Reviews

Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:52 pm
deleted221222 says...

Maybe it can be a slang term for most of the dreamfolk. The Vapours themselves don't like it as much since it sounds too degrading.

40 Reviews

Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:40 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Thundahguy It definitely does not count at cheating, m'dear, but I guess you ought to ask.

Nah, don't worry - we started this SB with a "fuck you" from a dog in the first post, so, something tells me some dark stuff will happen eventually XD
That, and I'm comin' up with dark stuff of my own, so if I'm allowed, you should be as well.
*actually reads*
Oh, slavery. Eh. It's a real life thing, and we've had RPGs dealing with it, so hey, why not!
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

74 Reviews

Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:47 am
deleted221222 says...

So, I've finished Slayer's introduction. In one sitting too. I can probably upload it after I proofread it, so expect it either on or after the weekend.
And @Tortwag I figured out a way to get our characters to meet. Let's just say it involves a raid.

40 Reviews

Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:37 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Thundahguy 'Kay! Then make sure you don't have Pango Lyn appear in your post before any coordination between us is done, m'dear - in which case, we'll be off to the WriterFeedPad at some point.

That being said: a raid... i-i-i-i-interesting...

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:12 am
WanderingCloud says...

Uhhhmmm.... @Tortwag can I still join?

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:12 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

@Tortwag's actually not the one running this storybook, @WanderingCloud, but @Terian805 is! I'm sure he wouldn't have a problem with you joining, but it's a good idea to wait for his response.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

31 Reviews

Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:55 pm
Terian805 says...

Yeah sure you can. @WanderingCloud :D

Take note of how many characters and what types we have at the moment. What do you have in mind?

20 Reviews

Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:27 pm
WanderingCloud says...

Well, first, thank you!

I was thinking of just a normal person in a supernatural world. Where my character gets dragged and there he experienced the things he haven't. And so he became like addicted to it. And then seeked to obtain that power(I meant, in a conflicted manner-where he should or should not gamble/he just became desperate...lol). And so, he became the kind-of-shady character. But I'm open to your suggestions since you're more familiar and experienced in this. I actually "rarely" join activities like this. Heheh

40 Reviews

Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:42 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@WanderingCloud Yes, my dashing good looks must've COMPELLED you to believe that I was in charge of this magnificent project, but as Sae mentioned, Terian's actually the beautiful being in charge, I'm just a pocket dino :3
I'm kidding, of course - only my fangs are pretty, the rest is disposable.

That being said, welcome, m'dear! Long time no see. Glad to have you among us, and that... already sounds like a fun idea, since that would give your character a great excuse to explore around and meet ours until he gets dragged into a big conflict.

As for our suggestions, I don't have any, as I like your idea. Let's try and have you figure out what type of character/archtype you feel the more confident in writing for the most, although since it's the second time I see you go for the shady type, I guess the disruptive chaotic neutral is your thing. Point is, that'll make it more easy for you to collaborate with people, m'dear, and vice versa. Since this is a rare occasion, all the more reason for you to do this!

31 Reviews

Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:23 pm
Terian805 says...

@WanderingCloud I like the sound of that! Remember only Lucids, Gifted, and Impalpables can get people into the Dust City, so keep that in mind on how your character is able to do that!

And I agree with Tortwag, it would add a new dynamic to the story!

20 Reviews

Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:08 am
View Likes
WanderingCloud says...

Uhm well. Hahah. Thank you. I'm not a great story-teller but I'll try my best (and english is not my native language-quite fluent but not accurate-so expect few-or-a-lot grammatical lapses).

Also, should I describe my character here?

and do I have to know who's the main character (is there)? and base the movement of my character to his or her?

In short, Mrs. Pontellier was beginning to realize her position in the universe as a human being, and to recognize her relations as an individual to the world within and about her.
— Kate Chopin, The Awakening