z

Young Writers Society

Contracted [DT]

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:01 pm
Mageheart says...

Oh! Before I forget! For the most part, monsters are actually pretty nice people. That's why there hasn't been any horrific events in Proctorville, despite a good part of its population being of the supernatural variety. The monsters that attacked them are an exception to that.

@KaiRyu, I'd be happy to do that here, but we should figure out what's up with your WFP issues because there's some details about the plot there as well. (For example, posts to claim.) This is the link to it. The password should be Lucifer. If you're still having trouble getting into it, I could take away the password and just make an open one.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:03 pm
View Likes
KaiRyu says...

Oh, there's no issue, Writerfeedpad is just blocked. :P
“So what? You're another person so of course you look different. What do you need to be ashamed for?” Ciel Phantomhive

"Reality is an illusion, the universe is a hologram buy gold bye!" Bill Cipher

364 Reviews

Reviews: 364
Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:04 pm
View Likes
zaminami says...

Except in Twilight :P
tartaglia, they/he lesbian.
i also go by skylar and reginald!
First member of the bio trio™.
victim of the writer’s block disease

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:08 pm
Mageheart says...

@KaiRyu, I'll just leave the plot stuff in the DT, then! It's in the spoiler below. Since there was only one unclaimed spot left, I put you down for it. I hope you don't mind!

Spoiler! :
The monsters attack everyone at the mansion. When he sees his friends dying, Luke does the only thing that he can think of to save them - he makes a contract with each of them. He leaves after doing so to get some sleep. (Magic is pretty exhausting, even for the Devil.) [saentiel]

The rest of the friends wake up in the mansion. They're all convinced that what happened was a strange dream, and decide that there must have been some sort of strange gas in the air. None directly address what had happened and go back home. [Lumi]

The next day starts, and they all head to school. Kara is quick to discover that their vice principal is a werewolf by accidentally using their new abilities. This is the first of many realizations revolving supposedly human classmates and teachers. [DemonGoddess]

Save for Luke, who is hiding out in the art room, the group meets at lunch and talks about what happened the night before. They also mention the strange things that happened during the day. [HazelGrace16]

They try going to Luke's house after school. Though he's not there, he accidentally left his door unlocked. They enter to find his spellbooks and suit from the night before strewn across his bedroom. [Sheytato]

They go back to the mansion. Though there's no blood or any sign of a fight, they do find several scales and bits of fur. Their worst suspicions are confirmed - what happened on Halloween was the truth. [Wolfical]

They head back to Luke's house in the hopes that he's come home. He hasn't. Instead, they find their principal waiting outside his door. When they ask her why she's there, she says that she needs to see Luke to discuss an extracurricular activity. But she's a terrible liar, and they can all tell how worried she is. [Steggy]

Amber remembers that Luke likes to take pictures in Proctorville's park, so they begin to walk over to it. Along the way, they run into one of the monsters that attacked them the night before. When she see thems, she runs off in the opposite direction. They try to follow her but quickly lose her. [KaiRyu]

They arrive at the park and start searching for Luke. Mike finds him in one of the most remote parts of the park, doodling in his sketchbook. He goes to get the others and returns with them. They ask for an explanation. Luke reluctantly agrees to give it. [Strident]
mage

queer and here.

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:12 pm
BrumalHunter says...

saentiel wrote:Challenged Adventurer(s): @saentiel, @Strident, @DemonGoddess, @Sheytato, @Wolfical, @Lumi, @KaiRyu, @Steggy, @HazelGrace16

Storybook: Contracted

The Challenge: Introductions

Our (hopefully) haunting tale begins! Your first task is to introduce your character. Since their role helps to define who they are as a person, I would suggest that you show them doing what they're the most passionate about! Longer posts are also preferred.

Completion Time: Nine posts.

Credits Awarded: You can get up to three points. One point is for posting. A second point can be gained by showing your character doing what they love. This can be done however you want to. For example, the artist could be taking photos - even if it isn't with a professional camera. Be creative! You can get one more point by having your post be over five hundred words.

Good luck with the next one!
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:18 pm
View Likes
HazelGrace16 says...

Guys! I’m trying hard to get this post done but as you probably all know life is crazy. I’ll try to get it up in the next few days. I’m sorry!
"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine" - The Imitation Game

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:18 pm
Mageheart says...

Hi, @HazelGrace16! I'm sorry to bother you, but would you be able to get a post up this weekend? I understand if you can't.
mage

queer and here.

364 Reviews

Reviews: 364
Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:27 am
zaminami says...

Yeah, life is insane...
tartaglia, they/he lesbian.
i also go by skylar and reginald!
First member of the bio trio™.
victim of the writer’s block disease

15 Reviews

Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:33 am
View Likes
HazelGrace16 says...

I plan on having it up Sunday!
"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine" - The Imitation Game

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:41 pm
Mageheart says...

Great! I can't wait to see what you write.
mage

queer and here.

15 Reviews

Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:58 am
View Likes
HazelGrace16 says...

Posted! Sorry, it took so long! I tagged the people mentioned in my story, and I hope you guys read the whole thing beside it being a long post. I introduce Rhea's paranormal addition to her life as well as her effects to last night and the new powers. I chose the ability to see and speak to the dead if that's okay @saentiel I hope you guys enjoy my post!

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:01 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Oooh nice post Hazel!!
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

15 Reviews

Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:04 am
View Likes
HazelGrace16 says...

Also Rhea will not go to hospital. Just the nurse and then sent home XD

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:09 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I love your post, @HazelGrace16! It's fine that she can see the dead. I never thought it would come up, but that's actually a very possible thing in this universe. (This storybook is actually based on the world my novel is set in.) Do you mind if the others develop similar powers in the near future?

Also, as long as Rhea meets up with them after school, I'm fine with her being sent home!

@Steggy, you're up next!
mage

queer and here.

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:22 pm
View Likes
Steggy says...

Awesome! I don't know if I'll be able to post this week since my internet is kind of acting up but I'll figure something out in the meantime.
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

Life is like a bag of potatoes, it starts out rough, but can turn into something beautiful (and yummy).
— Ley