z

Young Writers Society

Sky Full of Æther DT

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Fri May 19, 2017 2:16 pm
Feltrix says...

@Sheyren, what if Tiernan sent Artemus to recapture Leila?
Intrepid Explorer
Squire of the Green Room
Harbinger of the Cosmic Squid
Brief Castaway
Founder of Hermits United
TIME Magazine's 2006 Person of the Year
Dark Matter Overlord
Kind of a Big Deal

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Fri May 19, 2017 2:18 pm
sheysse says...

It'd be a good way for more characters to meet up, since I assume Adelaide would be with Leila.

561 Reviews

Reviews: 561
Sat May 20, 2017 3:04 am
Atticus says...

What's the technology situation there (especially in Kryn)? Do they have walkie-talkies or something more advanced or more primitive? Once I get that straightened out I can post.
[he/him]

"tiktok and giving children meth are my passions" ~ @ShadowVyper
"carinas long foretold chaos protege" ~ @veeren
"smol bean, future of chaos" ~ @carina

61 Reviews

Sat May 20, 2017 12:09 pm
View Likes
Feltrix says...

No walkie talkies. We commonly have tech that is more flashy than what we have today, but isn't always as functional. In Archora, there are no guns, walkie-talkies, computers, flashlights, etc (although I wouldn't be opposed to the idea that they have a lighting system using æther instead of electricity). Their most notable pieces of technology are the Clockwork and the Æther Core, which allows for the creation of flying ships. They would probably have record players, if that's relevant, but as a rule of thumb, most or all of their technology is either ahead or behind ours; almost none of it is at the same level as modern-day technology.
Intrepid Explorer
Squire of the Green Room
Brief Castaway
Dark Matter Overlord
Kind of a Big Deal

561 Reviews

Reviews: 561
Sat May 20, 2017 7:13 pm
Atticus says...

All right. So if I needed my characters to be able to communicate across distances, would there be any devices I should use for that or just have them do without?@Feltrix
[he/him]

"tiktok and giving children meth are my passions" ~ @ShadowVyper
"carinas long foretold chaos protege" ~ @veeren
"smol bean, future of chaos" ~ @carina

61 Reviews

Sat May 20, 2017 11:08 pm
Feltrix says...

I wouldn't object to it. Just try to add a little steampunkiness, or say it's experimental and/or illegal.
Intrepid Explorer
Squire of the Green Room
Brief Castaway
Dark Matter Overlord
Kind of a Big Deal

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Sun May 21, 2017 2:25 pm
View Likes
Terian805 says...

I'll probably upload a post this evening, (British time,) I was just wondering, what's the limit on chapter length? I have a feeling that this chapter might be longer than most...
"You can't live over your shoulder, overbehind."

61 Reviews

Sun May 21, 2017 3:27 pm
Feltrix says...

There's no limit (I may regret this). It's better if it's under 1,000 words, but if you've already gotten something (mostly) written, just post it and don't worry.
Intrepid Explorer
Squire of the Green Room
Brief Castaway
Dark Matter Overlord
Kind of a Big Deal

61 Reviews

Sun May 21, 2017 3:30 pm
Feltrix says...

Actually, don't worry if it's lower than 1,500. If it's above, worry a little bit, but post it anyway.
Intrepid Explorer
Squire of the Green Room
Brief Castaway
Dark Matter Overlord
Kind of a Big Deal

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Wed May 24, 2017 7:02 am
Omni says...

This is a little late, but your SB Challenge expired! (although if you want to extend it to a month instead of two weeks, lemme know ;) ) enspoilered below is the Challenge. @Feltrix lemme know soon (within two days?) if you want to extend the challenge, alrighty?

Spoiler! :
Code: Select all
[b]Challenged Adventurers:[/b] @Griffinkeeper, @XxXTheSwordsmanXxX, @Lael, @Sparkawan, @Terian805, @PrincessInk, @Sheyren, @Chaser, and @MJTucker.

[b]Storybook:[/b] https://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?t=106874&p=1353625#p1353625

The world of Archora is, at it's core, a technologically advanced society with magic woven in. To reflect this, you will receive 1 credit if your character interacts with steampunk technology. This can only happen once. 1 more credit will be awarded if the character witnesses or in some other way interacts with the factions, which represent another important facet of Archora. Lastly, a third credit can be claimed if the aforementioned technology is blown up (or if you come up with another creative way of destroying it. Merely smashing it will not be adequate.) This point is awarded because I'm in charge and I say so.

[b]Award:[/b] 1 point for the first time a challenge is completed.

[b]Completion:[/b] This must be completed in two weeks, or [b]no credits.[/b] (I'm sorry, they wanted me to have a deadline, and the guy with the crossbow and the scar looked pretty serious). Have fun! Try not to destroy anything too valuable!
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Sat May 27, 2017 5:17 pm
View Likes
Terian805 says...

Got the chapter posted finally!! It was originally going to be even longer, so I will post a second part to the fight I reckon. Let me know if there's anything I should change.

Also, y'know those dudes that Sirjad is fighting? They could be from Starfall, there to sabotage the aether flow. How does that sound?
"You can't live over your shoulder, overbehind."

61 Reviews

Sat May 27, 2017 9:45 pm
Feltrix says...

I love the post, @Terian805! And I think that it's a great idea to have the attackers be part of Starfall.
Intrepid Explorer
Squire of the Green Room
Brief Castaway
Dark Matter Overlord
Kind of a Big Deal

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:35 pm
BrumalHunter says...

Challenged Adventurers: @Griffinkeeper, @XxXTheSwordsmanXxX, @Lael, @Sparkawan, @Terian805, @PrincessInk, @Sheyren, @Chaser, and @MJTucker.

Storybook: Sky Full of Æther

The world of Archora is, at it's core, a technologically advanced society with magic woven in. To reflect this, you will receive 1 credit if your character interacts with steampunk technology. This can only happen once. 1 more credit will be awarded if the character witnesses or in some other way interacts with the factions, which represent another important facet of Archora. Lastly, a third credit can be claimed if the aforementioned technology is blown up (or if you come up with another creative way of destroying it. Merely smashing it will not be adequate.) This point is awarded because I'm in charge and I say so.

Award: 1 point for the first time a challenge is completed.

Completion: This must be completed in two weeks, or no credits. (I'm sorry, they wanted me to have a deadline, and the guy with the crossbow and the scar looked pretty serious). Have fun! Try not to destroy anything too valuable!

Your challenge has expired! I saw June the sixth and therefore left it until today, but then I read this expired on May the twentieth already. Oh well. Good luck with your adventures!
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:52 pm
jimss23 says...

Yo.

Is this SB still accepting new people?
This is the Rule of Three
Every writer's most sacred oath
Two boys to challenge each other
One girl to challenge them both

-Jim

61 Reviews

Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:57 pm
Feltrix says...

Always!
Intrepid Explorer
Squire of the Green Room
Brief Castaway
Dark Matter Overlord
Kind of a Big Deal

Once you have read a book you care about, some part of it is always with you.
— Louis L'Amour