z

Young Writers Society

Gossip Girl DT

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:10 pm
HazelGrace16 says...

I've got a post in progress
"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine" - The Imitation Game

271 Reviews

Reviews: 271
Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:01 am
Gravity says...

@VenusStar sure!
And the heart is hard to translate
It has a language of its own
It talks in tongues and quiet sighs,
And prayers and proclamations

-Florence + The Machine (All This and Heaven Too)

271 Reviews

Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:59 am
Gravity says...

@Nike haven't seen a post from you lately. I know you've been busy but I miss Augustus and Emma. Do you think you could get a post up soon?

Reviews: 0
Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:04 pm
TheForgottenKing says...

Yyaaassss @Gravity
"I make my own luck"- Shay Patrick Cormac

271 Reviews

Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:16 am
Gravity says...

@TheForgottenKing I hope you liked my posts :)

Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:41 am
TheForgottenKing says...

I did i did @Gravity
"I make my own luck"- Shay Patrick Cormac

Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:26 pm
VenusStar says...

Ada is ready for approval to let me know if I need to change anything.

271 Reviews

Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:05 am
Gravity says...

I sent VenusStar a message about their charrie. Guys. Please post. When you commit to an SB, you gotta commit. I've had too many die on me. It takes what, 30 mins to write a short post? We have all spent time and effort developing our characters, and Dylan is probably the best character I've ever developed. She has dimension, she has flaws, she seems almost like a real person to me, like she's my best friend. I don't want her, and this, to die. I know it will have to eventually, but Lincolnwood had a 2 year run and many of you were active in that SB the entire time. Maybe we can at least make it longer than a couple of months?

Please. Pretty please. 30 minutes. That is literally all I am asking.

@HazelGrace16 @Nike @NicoleBri @fictionfanatic @TheForgottenKin @XxXTheSwordsmanXxX

If you can't put in 30 minutes to at least write one post per week, please just tell me so I know and can either find friends to write for your charries or replace them with new ones. If you need inspiration, that is what the DT is for!
Last edited by Gravity on Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:36 am
XxXTheSwordsmanXxX says...

I am committed to the SB. I simply feel that it is too soon to post again for Henry.

271 Reviews

Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:42 am
Gravity says...

@XxXTheSwordsmanXxX That's up to you but I don't think it's too soon at all...

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107

271 Reviews

Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:15 pm
Gravity says...

@NicoleBri I wanted to bring something up. I didn't want to say anything but I had more than one person message me about this issue. You don't post very often which would be fine, except when you do post you include only NPCs and almost never include actual SB characters. Your characters aren't very developed yet as a result of that, and this storybook really emphasizes character interaction and development. I was wondering if maybe you would make an effort to message some of us and comment in the DT to see where Jameson and Vada might fit in to a more cohesive, comprehensible plot line involving other characters and development of the background and personalities of your own? I'm sure we could come up with some ideas, and maybe you could even modify your latest post so it fits in better with the structure of the storybook.

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:02 pm
NicoleBri says...

I do add people to my posts. We have barely begun this SB and it takes time for a good development. I have my own "development" going on with my charries actually. I have added Claire, Augustus, Sawyer, and Isadora to my posts at least almost everytime i post except maybe twice.
Words are a lens to focus one's mind.

- Ayn Rand

271 Reviews

Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:17 pm
Gravity says...

@NicoleBri

I don't consider 6 months and 6 pages of a storybook "barely begun". I consider that pretty well through. I asked you nicely to please try to participate more with other characters. As far as mentioning other characters "almost everytime" that isn't really what I'm looking for. Yes, Vada has a friendship with Isadora, who so far is inactive. And yes, Jameson was in love with Claire at first which to me is interesting because after the fight he gets over it and goes for a non related NPC, so that magically ended.

Your plotlines are not cohesive. "Mentioning" a character here and there is not what I mean by character interaction. I have had more than one person complain about this to me. One of the members of this story book (not naming names) literally lives in the middle of nowhere with a bunch of goats and still manages to get quality posts done with thought out plotlines and still manages to ask everybody else before they use other people's characters.

Nicole, I value you as a writer. I think your characters are going places, but I will not allow the twisted, confusing storyline going on interfere with other people in this storybook. Not only have you failed to clue us into what's going on and why, but you seem unwilling to make simple changes. We have been writing together for years. You should know by now that "character interaction" means more than just briefly mentioning a character and that god modding is not okay.

I am not trying to be rude, I am not trying to be harsh, but I don't see why it's so hard to have ACTUAL relationships between your characters and the characters of others. If you have a problem or need help, there's a DT here. If you don't want to wait long periods of time for responses, select characters with writers who are online every day, such as myself or Swordsman, or better yet, ask if people would be willing to share phone numbers or snapchat usernames with you.

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:10 am
NicoleBri says...

I am not god modding anything or anyone. I gave everyone permission to put Vada and Jameson in their posts. Also, just because Jameson goes on a date doesn't mean he is over Claire. I have yet to write another post or talk to Hazel about anything before i go on with that. If anyone wants to collaborate a post please feel free to message me. Have a good night/day.
Words are a lens to focus one's mind.

- Ayn Rand

don't try me bro
— Seirre