z

Young Writers Society

PMD: Seventeen Plates DT 4

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:53 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@TheSilverFox Then you need the right song to accompany you as you wait. Take it with you, beautiful person!

Spoiler! :
phpBB [media]

Fitting, I know.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Sun May 07, 2017 7:18 am
BrumalHunter says...

The summary will be continued on Wednesday.

Spoiler! :
17-04 (April).png
17-04 (April).png (11.58 KiB) Viewed 159 times
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Sun May 07, 2017 1:47 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

*loud, raucous applause, anticipation*

oh wait I have an AP Exam on Wednesday AAAAAAAAA
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Mon May 08, 2017 5:19 pm
View Likes
Robusto says...

ONE MORE DAY THEN I AM FREE FROM COLLEGE

40 Reviews

Mon May 08, 2017 8:48 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

GO, GO, ROB! FINAL STRETCH!
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Tue May 09, 2017 2:55 am
View Likes
Poopsie says...

i envy you in your oldness

TEACH ME HOW LIFE WORKS ROB DAD
The Poopsiest.

JOIN THE RABBIT SQUAD TODAY

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

40 Reviews

Mon May 22, 2017 2:57 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Y'know what? I finished the Psyche Battle. Like... I'm mind-blown right now. I wrote the first scene the first day... AND THEN I WROTE EVERYTHING ELSE TODAY IN LIKE AN HOUR AND A HALF, HOLY COW, I WAS INTO IT.

I mean, to be fair the whole battle had been planned a long time ago, so all I had to do - aside improvising a few bits as usual - was adding a few things here and there and just roll with my scheme, but still, I'm surprised by how much I was into it, lol.

Anywho! I'll spend some days locked in school, but in the meantime I'll re-read/correct it, select musical pieces and eventually publish it. Then, at loooong last, I can start catching up the stuff I missed. Gosh, I'm on a roll today, and I hope it won't stop any time soon.

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Mon May 22, 2017 3:32 pm
Robusto says...

Good on ya, Tort! Can't wait to read it! ^^

40 Reviews

Mon May 22, 2017 3:51 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

I'm also done correcting everything. I literally just need to add the music.
I... Wow.

You'll like it! ...Hopefully! And Alek won't have to die! Hopefully!

40 Reviews

Tue May 23, 2017 7:20 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

I am double-posting for the sake of attracting attention on the fact that I POSTED.
Time for y'all to read, comment and vote, I guess, and uh, here's to hope that Alek will be converted, because BOY did I do everything in my power for that to happen.

EDIT: *re-reads* It's official, with music and timing and all, my posts have turned into full Animes/Cartoons, so, y'all better enjoy that XD

557 Reviews

Reviews: 557
Tue May 23, 2017 9:21 pm
View Likes
Ventomology says...

Voting here because I am on mobile and can't access the chat. Uhh, I don't 100% remember what all the options are, but I'm going to say that when Alek wakes up (assuming he wakes up) he'll make up with Sully and either go his own way or follow her until the brainwashing truly loses its substance, which I guess would mean going with the Resistance for a while?

Yeah, so my vote is that Alek at least temporarily joins the Resistance. Also I graduate on June 2nd! So hopefully I'll actually write a post in the two weeks between then and the start of my job.
"I've got dreams like you--no really!--just much less, touchy-feeley.
They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny
on an island that I own, tanned and rested and alone
surrounded by enormous piles of money." -Flynn Rider, Tangled

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Wed May 24, 2017 1:55 am
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Okay, after having read the post, I'll lean in favor of Alek joining the Resistance. At the least, he's had a huge amount of holes poked into his psyche and logic, and he's learned that flying into a frothing rage and fighting somebody to a standstill is not a reasonable way to express his emotions or the systematic defamation of his entire rationale, particularly when he realizes the inanity of his naive, single-minded sentiments (as appears to be the case). He's also learned a bit more about the systematic brainwashing of the New Order, the pointlessness of a mindset that leaves to him to abandon his friends, and why it would be better to listen to one of the few who care about him instead of those who tried to vicariously murder him (and would be happy to try again). As such, I think he'll lean in favor of the Resistance, mostly for the sake of Sully, now that he's got all his anger out of him and is left with the solid fact that he might not be on the right side.

So, let him live!
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

40 Reviews

Wed May 24, 2017 8:21 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Ventomology He totally woke up at the end of the post (because Electric Terrain's side effect is to wake up everyone on the battlefield, so I just made him wake up faster than a normally KOed 'mon), Twinkiel's literally waiting for his reaction. Just pointing that out.
Sooo glad you're graduating, congratulations with that stressful thing being over! TIME TO ACE YOUR JOB, BUGGIE!

And thanks for the votes so far, you and Silver!

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Wed May 24, 2017 12:27 pm
BrumalHunter says...

Another greatly entertaining post worthy of this magnificent storybook! The lyrics of some of the songs made it difficult to focus on the dialogue at that time, but you get used to it after a while. Fitting battle themes and an excellent battle description. Now, for the Psyche Battle's result!

I vote for letting Alek live. Though he finally ought to be convinced that the New Order is lead by a group of pretentious tyrants, I doubt he'll join the Resistance if Sully doesn't join first. But having been forced to acknowledge her sacrifices, I'm sure he'll trust her judgment now and go wherever she goes - if that's the Resistance, then we'll have two new members; if not, at least the New Order has two fewer brainwashed members.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

40 Reviews

Wed May 24, 2017 2:42 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@AstralHunter ...You raise a good point. I've searched for and found a karaoke version of the "They Call Me Trinity" theme. Would you mind telling me if it flows better/is less distracting now? I'm hgappy as long as the nostalgic whistle is there, so, you tell me. (or anybody else that read the post, I wouldn't mind opinions on that, as I think it matters.)

I'll keep "Go!! Fighting Action Power" as it is though, first because Anime Moment is necessary considering this is Twinkiel, and second because the lyrics are supposed to fit him. And, as you said, we DO get used to it. (The instrumental really doesn't work as well, in my opinion)

Gotcha! Three votes in so far, and the post's enjoyable, music choice included. More yays!
I do expect it to be like "she joins, at least to observe/get a new point of view", and he'd follow because it's her, and not join on his own, but eh, we'll see. SO far so good for Alek's life status, though.

"It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be."
— Albus Dumbledore