Young Writers Society

Home » Storybooks Main » Storybook Discussion » Specific Storybook Discussion

rPMD: Guardians of Erebus DT

251 Reviews

Reviews: 251
Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:53 am
AstralHunter says...

I'm about to start writing a post, but before I do, is there anyone who still wants to write for this? I require 100% honesty, because I have tonnes of ideas, but none of them will work if this is a one-man show. So, if you are no longer interested or don't truly want to continue, go ahead and say so - I can take it. If you feel bored with the idea, the plot, the current situation, let me know, since I'm open to suggestions.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
- Paul the Apostle

163 Reviews

Reviews: 163
Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:37 am
TheSilverFox says...

@AstralHunter: To be honest, it might be more of a question of whether or not we have time to write, instead of our enthusiasm. In my case, I have enough free time to balance my SBing endeavors with my writing projects and other hobbies, so I'm perfectly fine. But I notice a lot of people here are chronically busy, inactive, or are focusing on writing for other SBs first. I do believe everyone here is still enthusiastic, and we don't want to give up, but life has proved to be rather pushy and annoying, and so time constraints are a huge problem these days.
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:08 am
Tortwag says...

@AstralHunter I support this Fox's position. It's not enthusiasm that's missing: it's time. As you saw, I just managed to write a post for the other PMD SB (because I FINALLY managed to find a decent organization despite my work), but the second I released it, BAM, Intensive Week 2 shows up. It ends today.
Now I got 2 more posts for that same SB, one for you, 1 for another, and one for yet another. After PMD comes rPMD, so I plan to post for Dorian right after I caught up - after also catching up with the few posts I missed, as well.

I mean, your worries are like... normal, at worst. So it's a good thing that you adress it. My answer's still the same, though. Too loyal to quit, and I still wanna experiment with Dorian.

EDIT: ...Maybe I'll postpone Twinkiel and work on Dorian first. I don't mind, I just need to make sure it works with my... schedule, I guess.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
...And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answer to these questions."

251 Reviews

Reviews: 251
Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:36 am
AstralHunter says...

Thank you for your responses, @TheSilverFox and @Tortwag. If the storybook or DT was silent owing to a lack of enthusiasm, I would have preferred to learn something from it. In this case, however, I'll just let it be and keep it out of the archives when it's time to sweep out the dust. And yeah, I sort of do have to ask every now and then, just to probe the waters.

Anyway, thanks for the reassurance! I'll delay writing this post in favour of other storybooks in the meantime. Once Tort had posted, I shall then let the training commence.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
- Paul the Apostle

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:01 pm
Lumi says...

hOi, guardians of Erebus!

This is to let you all know that it's technically time for me to shuffle this bad boy off to the archives, but considering the holidays recently passed, all SBs are getting a two week extension for a new post to be made before they get rocketed off.

Anyone got a plan for a post? >:] I'm sure you could use it for this month's Captain's Challenge!
The biggest mistake I made was believing that if I cast a beautiful net, I’d catch only beautiful things.
-Brit Marling

We know what we are, but know not what we may be.
— William Shakespeare