z

Young Writers Society

Lincoln Wood Private College Prep

271 Reviews

Reviews: 271
Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:38 am
Gravity says...

Cole

"Yes," I breathed, looking at Rupert. Who had just asked me to prom. PROM!!!! "They don't have prom in France," I said, hesitantly.

He kissed me, "We'll have lots of fun, then."

My eyes were drooping at that point and the movie was almost over.

"I should get home," Rupert said, "You look exhausted." He stood up, smoothing out where he'd been sitting on my bed.

"No," I pretend pouted, "Don't leave me." I reached over across the bed, my hand stretched out towards him.

"I have to," said Rupert, "Or we'll both fall asleep."

"So? Stay the night. It's late anyway and I don't want you driving while drowsy. Plus on a Friday night... there's all kinds of people driving drunk. Stay."

Rupert chuckled, "It's a five minute drive."

"And the majority of car accidents happen close to home," I said matter of factly.

He sighed, "I can never resist you." Rupert pulled off his jeans so he was wearing boxers and a t shirt before climbing into bed.

"Let me change into PJs," I told him, getting up to grab a pair of shorts and a tank top.

He waited as I changed, I wasn't shy. But neither of us made it sexual, we were too tired. So I climbed into the bed next to him and tugged the covers up as he pulled me close, spooning me.

"Goodnight, Colette," Rupert said as he stroked my hair, "I love you." But I was already half asleep.

The next morning Rupert left my house and I sent a text message to Thorne and Daf.

Rupert asked me to prom last night! In need of some girl time, anyone up for dress shopping?

I got almost instant replies from both, Dafnie agreed to pick both Thorne and I up and drive us to the mall.

Once I heard the car horn outside, I hobbled out with my purse and crutches before sitting in the back.

"I'm so excited!" I nearly squealed, "We never had prom back in France and I thought it was just something in the movies."

"Nope," Dafnie laughed as she drove, "I'm excited too," But she sounded wistful. I suspected she might be thinking about Paul.

"We'll all go together," Thorne said, "I'm sure we can work something out."

"Definitely." I echoed.

We went to Sears first, and tried on a few dresses. I held up a frilly silver dress, calling to Thorne,
"Hey Thorne, I thought you always wanted to be a flapper girl, it'd be a good look for you." She laughed and pulled a bright orange one off the rack, pretending to shield her eyes. We giggled and I was surprised, I'd never seen Thorne this happy.

"Cole what size do you wear?" Dafnie asked,

"Well, I was a 4 but after my accident I wear a 6 now," I said, "But I look a lot healthier, I was way too skinny," I added hastily.

"This is a size 6," Dafnie held up the dress in her hand, "It would look so sexy on you." She was right, it was a short, tight fitting red dress. I wasn't sure if that was the look I wanted but I shrugged and tried it on.

As I stepped out of the dressing room, Dafnie catcalled and Thorne stood there, grinning.

"Rupert's gonna get an eyeful now, isn't he?" Dafnie giggled gleefully. She was right, the dress hugged me in all the right places.

"I look like a hooker," I said but I was still happy. I couldn't remember the last time we'd hung out like this and I missed my friends.

Thorne went into the dressing room next, and that was the first few dresses of the whole day she'd agreed to try on. None of them were quite right though.

At the last minute, Dafnie handed a dress over the dressing room door, "Try this on," she called.

A few minutes later, Thorne stepped out.

"That's the one," Dafnie gasped.
And the heart is hard to translate
It has a language of its own
It talks in tongues and quiet sighs,
And prayers and proclamations

-Florence + The Machine (All This and Heaven Too)

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:52 am
Nike says...

Dafnie Serena Leto

Prom dress shopping? Colette's idea. And since Rupert had asked her to go, I had went with her and Hawthorne. But it wasn't like I was even going to go to prom... my date found himself a girlfriend. And this girl hates me.

Huh, I don't blame her, I kind of suck.

"I don't know..." Hawthorne was hesitant as she eyed herself in the mirror.

Of course she was self conscious, she looked beautiful. It must be a surprise to herself to finally like what looks back at you in the mirror.

Swallowing hard, I smiled. "Thorne, you have to get this one."

"Yes, one million times yes! It's perfect! And I'm sure Merrick would be happy to see you in that." Cole added with a wink.

Hawthorne stifled a laugh as she twirled in her dress, starting to love it. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and saw no new messages. No surprise there. I decided to head on Facebook as I waited for them to try on more dresses for fun. The couch they provided here was alright, I couldn't complain, I was a little comfy as I slouched into it's cushions.

There was a snapchat from Oliver... I haven't spoken to him in a while. He's from my Freshman year life. But he's from that small good part. I met him on my trip to England when I went to visit my cousin.

I clicked it open and saw his soft smile that complimented his blue eyes. There was a caption right over his face. The caption read, 'Daffy! What's up? ;)'. I smiled back at the phone, hitting the camera mode on the app. It was on selfie-mode, so I smiled back, taking a picture. I clicked the screen and wrote, 'Shopping... I miss you.'

"Hey, aren't you picking a dress out?" Cole asked me.

Looking up, I saw her towering above me with an eyebrow raised. I let my phone fall in my lap as I smiled up at her.

"I'm not going Cole,"

"No," she shook her head. "You are, you are going. We are going in a group. You have to! It'll be fun... come on Daf,"

Hawthorne came two steps behind her with a dress in her hand. He eyes wandered from her to me in question. Cole turned her head and looked over at Hawthorne.

"Convince her to go to prom, please." she begged.

"You're not going?" Thorne asked.

"No, I don't want to guys,"

I stood up, now at the same height as Cole. Thorne approached us and gave me her sad smile, the one I couldn't handle. I looked away for a moment, meeting Cole's 'please please please' gaze. Yet another mistake. My heart skipped a beat as I took in a deep breath.

"Dafnie, you really should go with us. It won't be the same." Hawthorne said.

"You guys have dates... I don't. And I really don't want to go."

"Fuck dates!" Cole spit out, surprising me with the swear. "Come to have fun with us. To get dressed, to feel pretty... I know you don't like parties', but I promise you will have fun. If you don't, then we won't."

"I'll think about it..." I sighed.

There was a pause. "Well, can you think about it while we try to find you the perfect dress?" Hawthorne asked.

Oliver had been snapping me all day surprisingly. He would usually just go for an hour, then done. But today it hasn't been that way. He's in Connecticut right now but plans to fly into Seattle and wants to meet up. Oliver happened to be my friend way back when. We relied on each other... and he was my first.

Not to say that I had feelings for him, I didn't then, I don't now. We had sex for me. He wanted to be a friend and I begged him. Because I wanted to sleep with this one guy, but know what I was getting myself into. So, Oliver helped with that. But after that, we were pretty tight, until he had to leave. And until I had to leave.

I missed Isabel. I really did. She was one of those good friends... you know? I liked her, I really did. She made me happy when I was shitty. And I couldn't have her back because I fucked up.

My phone buzzed on the bedside table. I looked over and saw Paul's name blink on the screen, his face complimenting it.

He hasn't spoken to me since a few days ago. But my heart still ached seeing him.

"Hey," I said.

"Hey," The tension ripped my skin apart. "Is everything okay?" his voice felt like ice.

"I'm good, why?" I put up the act.

"Daffy," Agh. "I know you, what's going on?"

I leaned against the bed frame, looking at the pictures just across from me, on the other side of the room. They consisted of many people, including him. Mostly him. My heart raced as I replied.

"I told you, I'm good."

"Fine, don't tell me."

I sighed, unable to hold my tears. They slid down my cheeks, but I didn't make a sound.

"I'll talk to you later," he huffed. "Bye,"

And before I could protest, he was gone. I didn't bother moving the phone from my ear, I kept it there as if he was still there on the other end.

I may have a crush on Merrick... but I am in love with Paul.

"Fuck, fuck, fuckity, FUCK." I huffed under my breath as tears kept streaming down. "Why? Why?" I covered my face with my hands, trying to calm down. But the tears kept coming and my heart kept racing.

My phone beeped and I looked over, seeing a text.

I miss you

Fucking Paul, that's not okay.

Spoiler! :
@AlmondEyes @Gravity don't worry guys, she is going to prom. It's just not gonna happen right away. But she will go for Colette and Hawthorne. So next post is yeah for sure lol. Can we start prom next post?
“There is no need to call me Sir, Professor.”

267 Reviews

Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:38 pm
Nike says...

Paul Jenkins

I couldn't go to prom. It's not that I didn't want to, I did. I wanted to go. I wanted to go with Isabelle, have us dance to the soft music. I wanted to be with her, there, so everyone could see.

Huh, but there's the problem. Everyone would see. That included Dafnie.

She wouldn't wanna see me.

With Isabelle.

"I was thinking that we go with the group. Cole and Thorne are going with Rupert and Dafnie... we can join them, unless you aren't comfortable with it?" Isabelle asked over the phone.

"Do you want to go, if you do that's fine."

"Well, Thorne asked me to."

I sighed internally. "Yeah, we can. That's a great idea."

"Alright then..." she paused. "Then that's set. Are you ready? We are going tonight, you know."

"Yeah, I know..."

"I'll see you then."

I know I sounded distant and off, that's why she hung up. I don't think that will be a good idea. But we had no other choice. Or I had no other choice. She wanted to go, so we will.

God Dafnie is going to hate me.

Spoiler! :

271 Reviews

Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:12 am
View Likes
Gravity says...

Adrian

Spoiler! :
@Shiney

The night before prom. It was probably way too late to ask Jessie, plus I didn't know her very well. And then that kiss... what was I supposed to do? I had a suit from fancy restaurant endeavors in France, but would she have a dress? What if somebody else asked her?

I took a deep breath and knocked on her door. Which promptly swung open.

"Hey," she said. She was dressed in sweatpants, her hands instinctively on her pregnant belly as if she were guarding the life inside. She opened the door wider and I stepped in, resisting the urge to kiss her on both cheeks, as was tradition in France.

After Jessie shut the door behind me, she hugged me, her belly pressing into mine as I gently squeezed.

"I'm really sorry about last time," I said into her hair, smelling vanilla and strawberries.

"It's okay," She said, her voice muffled in my chest, "I shouldn't have kissed you. I wasn't thinking."

I clasped her hands in mine. "It's okay. I came over to ask you something," I said.

"Go ahead," she arched her eyebrow.

"So apparently this is an American thing and it's supposed to be a big deal to ask someone but I was hoping you'd go to prom with me as friends. Cole's going in some huge group but I figured we could just go on our own."

"Yeah sure, just as friends?" She sounded a little disappointed and I was a little too, but the last thing I wanted to do was ruin a good thing because we went too fast. That and I wasn't sure how to act. I'd never dated anyone, I wanted to wait for the right person. And it felt right with Jessie. But I didn't want to tell her that.

"Yeah. I haven't, er, been in many relationships before. I just don't want to move things too fast. But I do really like you." I hastily added, "As more than a friend as well." She seemed to brighten at this.

"So, will you go to prom with me?" I repeated,

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:51 pm
Ciblio says...

Jessie

Spoiler! :
HELLO. I need to post for Collin soon. Agh. BUT @Gravity DOES THIS WORK FOR YOU? I think I did okay. TELL ME IF I NEED TO CHANGE ANYTHING.

Isabelle had already left for the Prom, after pestering me for an hour to join them. No matter how many times I told her I didn't feel well, she continued to bug me and plead. But in the end, she just hugged me and (unwillingly) left with Paul.

"I'm gonna go get started on this paperwork," Dad mumbled, and kissed my head. "Call me if you need anything."

I was alone. I was tired, and pregnant, and alone. I wasn't at the Prom. For 7 years, I'd waited for this very day so that I could go and win Prom Queen, just as my mother did before me, and her mother did before her, and so on. But I really didn't even care. Prom was a waste of time.

My phone buzzed beside me, and once I picked it up, the notifications started lining up. Unfortunately, it was all just status updates about who was going with who, who was wearing what, all that. I dismiss all of them, and unlock my phone.

"Still think you should've come with us,"

Isabelle. I shake my head, and open my messages--all behold, there sat the last message Adrian had sent me.

"It was great seeing you,"

Yeah, I forgot to message back. Complete accident, I promise. Anyways, for some reason, the words "Prom" and "Amazingly Adorable French Guy" seemed to fit perfectly. Prom was a waste of time. A waste of time, right. It was a waste of time that I wanted to spend with Adrian. At the Prom. In a pretty dress, under the multi-colored lights, with the music blasting throughout the whole room, pounding on everyone's eardrums, drowning out the laughter and little whispers that were passed around.

I almost messaged him, when a knock sounded from the front door.

"I got it!" I holler to dad, as loud as I could, and jog to the door to see who the hell was here this late.

Once I swing the door open, he kicks. Not- dammit, not the person behind the door, my baby. My boy. I slide my hand over my stomach, and frown because he hadn't been very active today. But as soon as I locked eyes with the unexpected guest, I didn't even want to question it anymore.

Adrian.

"Hey," I manage to breathe out, and step to the side so he can come in. Without waiting for him to do or say anything, I press myself against Adrian--hugging him--, and, to my surprise, feel baby kicking softly this time. It was a different feeling.

After a moment, his muffled voice says, "I'm really sorry about last time."

"It's okay," I resist the temptation of inhaling the amazing scent that was him. Was that weird? He smelled really good. Fuck, I was trying not to do that. "I shouldn't have kissed you. I wasn't thinking."

I don't even remember pulling away, but now his soft hands were sliding into mine and we were staring at each other. I felt puny staring up at him.

"It's okay," He says, "I came over to ask you something."

He came over to ask me something? I cock an eyebrow, "Go ahead."

"So apparently this is an American thing, and it's supposed to be a big deal to ask someone but I was hoping you'd go to Prom with me--as friends. Cole's going in some huge group but I figured we could just go on our own," His words came out so quickly, so easily. His heavy accent sifted throughout the words, and I found myself to actually be disappointed- "as friends."

"Yeah, sure...just as friends?" What happened to not feeling food, Jessie? What happened to not wanting to go to Prom? What happened?

He seemed to be quiet for a moment, as if thinking of something, then said, "Yeah. I haven't, er...been in many relationships before. I just don't want to move things too fast. But I do really like you," He pauses, then adds, "As more than a friends as well."

I (quietly) let out the breath I hadn't realized I'd been holding, and already feel about 5x better.

After another moment of silence, he repeats, "So, will you go to Prom with me?"

Will I go to Prom with him? No. Yes. I don't know. I pull my hands out of his, and lean against the wall.

"Jessie? Is something wrong?" I blink, and the worry that surrounded his voice rang throughout my mind. Is something wrong? Everything's right. I probably needed this.

I shake my head, and smile, "I'd love to go to Prom with you, Adrian."

His smile seems to pure to be trapped in this house, and I almost feel as though I'm not good enough to be doing this. But then he pulls a white, beautiful corsage out of his pocket, and holds it out to me.

"I wasn't sure which to get, so, er, is this one okay?" He dark hair sweeps into his face, and I grin wider, accepting the flower. Corsage's were weird.

"It's perfect," I say, and turn away, "I should probably go get ready, then?"

He nods, and I hurry up the stairs. Had it already started? What was I doing? What dress would fit? I wasn't ready for this.

"Honey? Is that you?" Dad calls from his room-- or, the room he'd been staying in.

"Yeah, I'm, um...I'm going to Prom," I call back, and push my bedroom door open, "With Adrian. Is that okay?"

"Well...a-as long as you're careful?" He says, though it comes out as a sort of question. After a moment, he adds, "You should wear that red dress. You know, the one we got in Paris."

And with that, my smile returns and I begin rummaging through the closet-- until my eyes land on the dress that I'd worn the very first time I met Adrian. Perfect.
'we have lingered in the chambers of the sea /
by sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown /
till human voices wake us, and we drown'

previously:
GuyFieri

267 Reviews

Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:17 pm
Nike says...

Philip Masterson

I was dressed in my best tux, one my father got me on his business trip to Tokyo. My hair was always perfect, ready to impress any girl. The only thing that felt off was my mind, still wandering to an angry Rupert.

He still hates me.

Ringing the doorbell, I waited. Maybe coming here was a mistake. Rupert wasn't too fond of the idea at all. But then she opened the door and all my regrets flew away. She looked drop dead gorgeous in her blood red dress. It was strapless, just the way I liked them to be. Her smile could cure cancer.

"Philip," she breathed, her eyes met mine.

I gulped. "Hey, Kathy,"

"We ready to rock this thing?" she laughed.

Somehow around her, I turned into a completely different person. But, in a good way. I wasn't much of an asshole and, well, I cared. I don't care much on a daily basis.

"I'm ready if you're ready."

So the theme for this years' prom was Reach For The Stars, so basic. But honestly, I was surprised by how it turned out. Our school rented out a banquet hall, and it's amazing. Whoever decorated for the dance really out did themselves. The ceilings actually looked like space, there were beautiful galaxies with glow in the dark stars and fairy lights. The overall area had fairy lights on all the walls and stars danging from the ceiling, like the big light ones you find at IKEA. The tables were draped in creme and silver with pinches of gold here and there.

And the music surprised me as well. Before we could dance, they served dinner to a nice chillwave mix.

Kathy was on my right, taking snaps of the candles on our table. I still couldn't stop looking at her. I don't know why Rupert never forgave her. I would want her back anyday... even if she did sleep with my best friend.

"So, who's sitting with us?" she asked.

Everyone made seat reservations months ahead and I knew I was sitting with Rupert and Cole. He and I chose seats together. He might ask for a switch though. And Merrick is supposed to join us with a plus one.

"Just the guys and their girls." I replied with a smile.

"Will... Rupert be okay with this?"

"He has to be,"

271 Reviews

Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:46 pm
Gravity says...

Cole

Dafnie, Thorne and I got ready together. It was mostly Dafnie helping us with hair and makeup though, she was a whiz at that stuff. We were all at my house in my bedroom and my host mom brought up virgin cocktails and various lotions and nail polishes and perfumes that we could use if we wanted. Which was nice. But she was still weird.

Dafnie was helping me paint my nails and I was sipping my drink while we talked and laughed.

"So Cole," Dafnie teased, "Why didn't you get that red dress? Are you afraid of Rupert seeing too much?" Thorne laughed at this as she went back to brushing through her hair and I blushed a deep pink. Especially since I hadn't told Thorne and Dafnie that I wasn't a virgin anymore.

"No," I mumbled, my shy tendencies showing through.

"I'm sorry. Did I embarrass you?" Dafnie seemed sincere this time, she wasn't being taunting or sarcastic. And her eyes flashed with sympathy. Like she had endured teasing like this as well.

"No," I said louder, "But Rupert and I... er..." I paused, "We, uh, you know..." I trailed off as Dafnie and Thorne's eyes widened.

Hawthorne looked at me, "Do you regret it?" Her voice had taken a serious note, but her eyes were soft.

"No," I said without hesitation. Because I didn't regret it. Even if Rupert and I didn't stay together forever, I was glad I was with someone who was gentle and caring.

"You heard about he and I..." Dafnie said, this time she trailed off. And I nodded, yes I did know.

"Yeah, I know you two slept together freshman year but it doesn't bother me. You are one of my best friends and I know you'd never do that now." I pulled my hand away and hugged her, taking her by surprise. After that, the rest of the time getting ready was pretty lighthearted.

I was finally ready. My hair had been done, my nails painted and dry, my makeup done to perfection and lotion applied. So I stepped into the bathroom adjoined to my room with everything I would need.

First, I struggled through the lingerie. I'd chosen lacy undergarments that would still be durable but I knew Rupert would probably get a hotel or we'd stay at one of our houses. Next came the stockings. Nude colored thigh highs. And lastly, the dress. It fell perfectly into place, framing my petite yet more womanly frame. The top was done in an elaborate gold beading that was lined with a peach fabric which gave the illusion that you could see my body through the dress. The bottom was an ivory colored silk, dropping in layers to my feet. My shoes were a soft gold color to match the beading on my dress.

I looked in the mirror and painstakingly put in the headpiece with the little metal flowers and my white opal necklace. Next came the leafy armband. As I appraised myself in the mirror, I smiled, my teeth looking extra white against my tan. I looked... angelic. Almost like a greek goddess. Not to ring my own bell or anything, but I felt beautiful. I finally felt like the kind of girl Rupert would date. Sexy in the sheer beading at the top and beautiful and confident everywhere else.

Thorne and Dafnie smiled and clapped after I stepped out of the bathroom and struck a pose. Then Dafnie and Thorne put their dresses on as well. Dafnie was wearing a gorgeous ruffled purple dress done in all different shades of violet. It was very elegant. Thorne wore a
Spoiler! :
@AlmondEyes no idea what Thorne is wearing

We all walked down the stairs where Rupert was waiting. Dafnie helped me with my crutches which to me kind of spoiled the whole look, but he didn't seem to think so.

"You look... angelic." He said to me, drawing me in for a kiss.

"No!" Dafnie cried, "You will not smudge my masterpiece. Not until after photos at least."

"Yeah, get a room," Thorne added and we all laughed.

Tina, my host Mom, took about a billion photos. We struck goofy poses and then took nice photos, individual ones and some with us all together. It was a lot of fun but eventually we got tired and wanted to leave. So we all climbed into the limo Rupert rented for us. Dafnie and Thorne mostly talked quietly to themselves and I focused on Rupert. He held my hand, running gentle circles over my wrist.

"You are so beautiful," he whispered. I blushed and he kissed my nose, which made me laugh.

"You know," he said, "I never thought I'd end up with a girl like you. I never thought I would settle down at all, actually." I didn't say anything, fearing I would spoil the moment. But I felt honored that he chose me.

When we arrived at the banquet hall, there were girls in dresses and guys in tuxedos milling about. We stepped in and the whole room looked like a galaxy, the ceiling had actual glow in the dark stars and the table cloths were done in pale blues and silver. Which complimented my dress perfectly.

Rupert and I sat down with Phil and his girl, Kathy, and I felt Rupert stiffen beside me. But I took his hand and he relaxed. I figured maybe he just wasn't used to formal dinners like this or maybe he and Philip were fighting still. I didn't know what it was about but whatever it was, Kathy seemed at ease.

As dinner began I flashed a mischevious grin at Rupert.

"What?" he whispered.

I looked around and scooted my chair up to the table so no one could see me hike up my dress to reveal the tops of my stockings. Rupert swallowed hard, like in one of those old cartoons.

"You like?" I whispered, and he nodded, smiling. We hadn't slept together since that first night in France, and I wanted this to be special. I dropped the hem of my dress and dinner continued uninterrupted.

Until Adrian showed up with Jessie Gates of all people, clad in a red dress that stretched over her pregnant belly and a corsage that he undoubtedly bought for her.

I clenched my teeth. What was my high class cousin who was about to be a professional chef doing with a whore like Jessie Gates?

Spoiler! :
@Shiney No offense to Jessie! @Nike

267 Reviews

Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:02 am
Nike says...

Dafnie Serena Leto

They have convinced me to go. I don't know how, and I kind of don't care why. They helped my find the perfect dress. Well, I wasn't looking for it honestly. It had found me. The colors worked well with my complexion, and it was not all puffy-princessy, it was ruffly-princessy. I loved it. I felt beautiful. I felt like a princess. Just sucks that I don't have a prince to be with.

But honestly that didn't matter. I had my friends.

When we entered the hall, I couldn't keep my mouth closed. It was beautiful, a dream come true. Hawthorne had he hand in mine as we walked over to our table, it was next to Cole's table. She was with Rupert and his gang.

I was really happy for Cole. Sometimes good things happened to good people, and she was one of those lucky ones. She had a great boyfriend, surprisingly great boyfriend. You wouldn't think he would be like this, but he is. He had changed so much, but it felt so natural. He's settled down for her. And I'm so happy for her. She deserves it.

During our dinner, a hush went through the hall. I looked up and so did Hawthorne. We were both pretty confused until we caught Colette staring at a couple.

"OhmyGod that's Adrian," I sighed. "With..."

"Jessie Gates," Thorne finished for me.

The made their way to a table and sat down, the hall just starting to live again. We turned back to our table, my heart still racing.

"Now that was unexpected..." I said.

"Uhuh,"

We continued to eat and let the night begin.

Once the dinner was done, prom went into full swing. All the couples and singles wee out on the floor dancing. Me being me, I didn't join in the festivities. I was very awkward and I didn't dance. I didn't know how to and didn't care to. The good thing was that Hawthorne wasn't much of a dancer either, so we were just chatting and goofing around together.

"Have you seen Merrick?" Hawthorne asked as I sipped my wine.

"If I would have, you would be the first to know... he was with Rupert at their table."

"He hasn't even spoken to me yet..."

I rolled my eyes, not in a bad way though, but in a nice way. You can roll your eyes in a nice way guys. I smiled at Hawthorne, placing my glass back on the table. The music was so loud and yet we still spoke at a regular volume.

"He's just intimidated, I mean, look at you! You're so beautiful, he's a little scared." I said.

"You're the one who looks like a princess, I look like everyone else." she protested.

"Thorne... no. He will talk to you..." I paused, taking her hands in mine. "You can go talk to him you know. It's not the guy that has to do everything. You're a strong woman, come on."

My heart is crushing just as I tell her this, because damn, I wanted him to notice me too. But that's not going to happen. He likes Hawthorne and Hawthorne likes him. I will make them be together because they deserve each other. I for the moment deserve no one... because I've been chasing after guys that are committed.

"I-I don't know, I don't wanna leave you."

"Thorne, no more excuses. I'll be fine, I won't die. Go talk to him, maybe even dance." I encouraged her.

Her cheeks went pink as she looked away from me to the dance floor, watching people having fun. I let her hands go and she looked back. Taking a deep breath, I smiled.

"Go, look for him. He's most likely looking for you. So you will eventually find each other."

"You're such a good friend, you've really changed for the better," she smiled.

Somehow, that made me feel guilty, the pit of my stomach burned. I wasn't the best. I had good intentions, but I fuck up a lot. I kissed Rupert when he was pinning for Colette. I kissed Paul when he was with Isabelle. Well, it never ended bad... they are together still, both of them, and they are as happy as ever. But, I still got selfish and did those things anyway.

But I guess they looked over my mistakes and saw the good things I did. I took care of Colette when she was paralyzed. I made sure Rupert would go see her for her surgery. I made this love stay.

Maybe I wasn't as bad as I thought.

A tear slid down my cheek as I stared back at Hawthorne.

"Oh don't cry!" he eyes went glassy.

"I'm sorry," I laughed, wiping the tear off. "I just... realized I may be a better person than I thought I was."

"Hey, you may have made some very terrible mistakes..." we both laughed at that. "But mistakes don't define who you are. You're still a good person, you care about us. We are the Magnificent Trio! And you keep us Magnificent."

"Fuck, Hawthorne... that's a lot of pressure,"

"It's true though, you're always there to fix everything because you want to fix your mistakes. But you don't have to fix them, they are in the past. But you can still fix our mistakes..." she tried to hide a giggle. "'cause I'm too lazy,"

"Aye, you're procrastinating!" I said. "Go get Merrick!"

She shook her head, and was about to stand up before the devil himself came up to us, smiling down as Hawthorne. I gulped, taking in is more handsome self. Man put him in a tux any day, please.I couldn't take my eyes off of him, but I had to. The tension between them was so thick, I could cut through it like butter. Hawthorne looked at me for a moment but I just nodded, so she could go with him.

I felt tears pushing the back of my eyes, but I didn't let them fall. I wish I had someone too. I didn't notice how lonely I was until now. Why did I have to be nice? Agh.

I watched Hawthorne and Merrick talk, her eyes so captivated by his.

I got up from the table, the music seemed muffled around me. My head started to feel heavy as I pushed past my way through people, finding an exit. I needed to breathe. As I walked through, I looked to my right and saw Paul with Isabelle. Freezing in place, I just stared for a while, watching them talk all sweet to each other and kiss. They liked kissing a lot. Taking another deep breath I shut my eyes for a moment then went back to escaping. I didn't hold the tears back at this point. They were everywhere.

Pushing open the door, I walked into a brightly lit hallway. There wasn't anyone out here, but I did see the exit. I ran to my left, pushing open the door and feeling the cool air prick at my skin. I sat down on the steps, staring up into the dark night sky.

The nature around me was so beautiful. They made this place look very fancy with their well groomed shrubs and colorful flowers.

I let my head fall into my hands as I sobbed, unable to get my heart to pace slower. I couldn't even take deep breaths anymore.

I for sure ruined my makeup.

267 Reviews

Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:26 am
Nike says...

Rupert Jean Franz

When I came to Cole's, I couldn't stop staring at her. She looked like a Greek Godess, honestly. Dafnie and Hawthorne also looked beautiful. They all outdid themselves.

The hall was amazing with the galaxy ceiling and fairy lights everywhere. I had my hand in Cole's as we sat down, joining Philip and... Kathy. Merrick was running a bit late. But when dinner was about to be served, he waltzed in, all fashionably late.

I cannot believe Phil still came with Kathy. What was his issue? She was my first everything. It was a nostalgic feeling seeing her again. The would've been like, oh, I don't know Hawthorne dating me when I was Dafnie's first. Hold on. Colette is her best friend too...

And she's fine with it.

I looked over at Phil during dinner, seeing how smitten he was with Kathy. They were whispering little nothings to each other. And I looked back at Cole. She was finishing up her plate. Turning my head, I saw Dfanie at the table next to us, smiling at Hawthorne. She's so okay with this. She's happy for us. She's just over me? She just accepted this?

Well, we have become friends now. She changed and I changed, for the better. And we've grown over the past two years.

I looked back at Cole and smiled when she looked back.

"I'm so happy to be with you." I said.

She titled her head to the left, letting a smile grow on her beautiful face. "I am happy to be with you too,"

I decided to be the bigger person. So, I took Cole's hand in mine and turned toward Phil and Kathy. They were talking to each other.

"Hey," I spit out a little more harshly then I intended to. Cole's grip on my hand tightened, probably a warning for me to calm down. Don't worry Cole, I don't mean to yell at him.

Phil and Kathy shut up and looked at me, eyes wild. I gulped, feeling my hart race as Kathy's eyes met mine. She was my first and she cheated on me with my best friend who she is dating right now.

"I am happy for you guys," I started. "I am sory Philip for being an asshole."

Phil smiled, taking hold of Kathy's hand. A pressure lifted off my shoulders as he laughed.

"You're such an idiot, I'm an asshole too. I've done so much shit and yet you find a way to forgive me. You deserve to hate me man,"

"Hey, I just apologized, don't make me regret it." I warned.

"I just don't understand how you're friends with me still. But whatever. I'm the one who should be sorry. I really screwed around with you man, ruined a lot of things and you didn't deserve that. I'm just a drunk asshole. I'm sorry."

I shook my head. "We're good now, okay? I can't hate you."

"Same,"

Kathy smiled at the both of us, her eyes glassy. I looked at Cole and saw a soft smile captivate her face.

"You guys are best friends, for like, real..." Kathy commented.

"Wanna dance?" I asked Cole.

After our dancing, we sat back down. The music grew louder as they started to play Macklemore's Thrift Shop again. I took a sip of the wine that was at my table, as did Colette.

"You're excited for tonight?" I asked, winking at her.

She laughed as her cheeks grew pink.

"Because," I ran my hand up her dress, feeling her soft skin. "I am so ready."

I took my hand out, sitting back in my chair. I noticed that Merrick had disappeared, so I looked around and then saw him at Danie and Hawthorne's table. Oh, get her! I looked back at Cole, captivated by her amazing eyes.

"I love you," I said.

"I know," she smiled.

"Hey, that's my line!"

Spoiler! :

267 Reviews

Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:38 am
View Likes
Nike says...

Paul Jenkins

Isabelle was art. I couldn't keep my hands off of her. When we came to prom though, that was a whole other story. She was so in awe with the place that we had to dance directly in the middle of the floor so she could take it all in, experience the Prom. I felt the same, I mean who wouldn't.

This was a magical night to be with the person you love.

We were at our table after a good half hour of dancing. I had my hand in hers as we talked, staring into each others' eyes. The music wasn't loud enough to bother us and the lights the were beaming around was mostly on the dance floor, throwing colors everywhere.

"You are gorgeous," I said, biting my lip.

She ran her hands down my chest, making my skin tingle beneath my shirt.

"You are sexy yourself," She smirked.

I pulled her chair with my leg so she could be as close as possible. Our chairs touched as I put my hands behind her neck, pulling her close.

Our lips touched and I couldn't keep the fireworks away. Her lips tasted like vanilla as they traced mine, leaving them numb. That's what she did to me. She made all my emotions explode inside of me.

It's like we are in the honeymoon stage forever.

I pulled her waist onto my lap and we kept on making out, my heart raced. I had my hands at her hips to keep her steady, but I wanted them roaming everywhere. She on the other hand had her switching places. First at my hair, then at my check and back again.

I wasn't all for PDA, but who was I kidding here, I loved her so much and I couldn't keep myself away from her.

We stopped once she pulled away, smiling from ear to ear.

"You save that for after." she whispered into my ear seductively.

"Isn't that typical? Everyone is having sex after ward." I said.

"Because we all get horny here, that's why" she laughed. "Or for those that are lucky enough, they are in love." her eyes met mine, making me melt.

"I am so in love with you,"

She kissed my nose and got back to her chair with ease.

Spoiler! :

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:21 am
HazelGrace16 says...

Zoey Marshal

It was never meant to happen like this. I was never supposed to be the trouble child. Then again here we are, driving halfway across the country to a new state, a new house, and a new life. I guess it’s not completely my fault. At least that’s what my parents keep saying. My brother was offered a scholarship at this new school, but I still can’t help but feel like I made my family pack up their entire lives just because I couldn’t stand up for myself. Good news is I intend not to be a problem this time, and I have only 1 and half more years until I can finally move on with my life, and stop being my parent’s problem.

Its hour 22 of the trip and everyone’s fallen into their regular road trip routines. My father is driving safely while listening to his favorite Cake album on repeat, my mother is most likely on her second season of Greys Anatomy reruns, and Zac is most likely texting cheesy music lyrics to his girlfriend. As for me, I’m halfway through my second book. That’s how it is with my family. We’re really close, but still really far apart. You’ve got my mother, the social soccer mom, always trying to help her kids achieve what they love. Then there’s my dad, the romantic business owner, who works too hard for his family. Next is Zac, star athlete perfect child, with a scholarship to play Lacrosse. And then, there’s me, socially awkward YA book nerd, who can’t keep a friend unless they’re on a page. We are one, big, happy cliché of a family. It’s kind of weird at times. My mom always said we should have our own sitcom.

I swear the people at this school are crazy moving my family out here to Washington for a sport. I’m thankful though. I’m done with my old school, and I never have to go back. My dad thankfully was able to move his business up here to Washington. That and a lot of saved up money pretty much guarantees that this move won’t be much of a struggle. Financially that is…

Just as I’m about to experience Harry’s defeat of Voldemort for the 4th time, my mom speaks up.

“So? Who’s excited?” she asks.

“I am!” My dad bursts out. (A little more excitedly than he should have to be completely honest)

“I guess I am excited. I’m interested in the new change. I’m just sad to leave Julia
behind.” My brother stated looking up from his phone.

“I’m sure you two will work it out.” My mom reassures him. “What about you Zoey?”

I look up from my book. “Oh yeah. I’m pretty excited I guess…”

“Zoey, what’s our goal for this new school?” My dad asks.

“Um...Let’s see. Don’t do drugs, don’t drink and drive, don’t have unprotected sex-“

My dad laughs before he interrupts me. “Close, but I actually meant making some friends at this new school.”

“Dad.”

“I’m serious. I think it will be good for you. Especially with everything that happened with those terrible girls at your old school-“

“Calvin!” My mother interrupts

“It’s okay mom. We don’t have to pretend it didn’t happen, but I do agree on the not
talking about it part.” I say.

“Sorry honey.” My dad apologizes.

A moment of awkward silence fills the car until my mom breaks the silence.

“Did you know it was prom season guys?”

This time I didn’t look up from my book. “Yeah. That’s cool mom.” I lied. I never intended to go to prom. Mainly because, no one at my old school would have asked me, and even if I were to make a friend on my first day it would be too late. I heard this schools prom is this weekend. I’ve never been a party person anyways.

The rest of the car ride was filled with silence, small talk, and occasional family sing along. (a.k.a A song we all knew came on, and we all burst into song like the weirdo’s we are. Moments like this make me smile)

We’re here …a new state, a new house, a new life, and for the first time a new chance. I hope I don’t screw it up. I step out of the car with my book to see the new house. It’s beautiful, but it isn’t home yet. Next door I see someone about my age walking out their door. They smile when they see me…Whoa progress.
"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine" - The Imitation Game

267 Reviews

Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:03 am
Nike says...

Spoiler! :
@HazelGrace16 Philip will be her neighbor

Philip MastersonBefore going to prom

"Aye, can you go get your mother some nice flowers?" my father asked me as I walked past his office.

"Occasion?" I asked.

He swiveled in his chair to face me with a smile.

"It's prom season, we're high school sweethearts. You know the story. And she would love it if you gave her some before you meet your one-and-only at prom."

My dad, Mister Cheesy.

I laughed, "Yeah, I will."

He swiveled back as I made my way downstairs to the front door. One I got outside, I saw a car pull into the driveway next door. Right, we were supposed to have new neighbors. The family hopped out of their nice SUV. They seemed nice, they were laughing and smiling to each other. One girl really caught my attention.

She looked to be about my age and caused my heart to race. She turned to me, catching my stare. I acted quick with a smile and wave.

She msiled back then turned back to her family. I proceeded to get flowers.

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:31 pm
NicoleBri says...

Isabelle

So far, prom was pretty great. I loved Paul, we were back together, and life seemed like it would be alright. I looked to the front entrance and there Dafnie was, running out. Did I want to chase her? Hell no. But would I? Yes.

I kissed Paul one last time on the cheek before telling him I'm getting some punch. Quickly, I ran through the crowd and silently threw open the front entrance door. Her make up was ruined, her dress had smudges of black. I sighed, I had plenty of time to go back in before she noticed I was there. I didn't.

"Dafnie?" I muttered. She turned to me in tears and ran into my arms. There was definitely something wrong.

She embraced me for like a minute and pulled away,

"Why.. why are you here?" she asked.

I had to think of an answer for that. I honestly didn't know.

"Because.. Daf.. you were like my best friend. EVER. You were always there for me when I needed you, and I'll always be here for you." I replied.

A smile came to her face. I couldn't leave her depressed and alone. I sighed.

"I need to tell you a secret." I said.

We both sat down against the wall of the school hall, "Since I'm old enough to leave home. I wanted you to know that I'm leaving the day after school ends. I'm leaving this town,"

Her mouth dropped and yet she was silent.

"I haven't told Paul yet, but only because I really thought it was over. The night we got back together was something that happened out of nowhere. I'm in love with him. But I am going to New York." I finished.

"But...why?" she finally asked.

"I have family there. I'm going to stay the summer, finish out my last year of high school and then go to NYU to become an actress. It's my dream. If Paul and I are really meant to be, then we will find each other again... someday."

I knew Dafnie would tell Paul everything I had told her. They were best friends.

I also didn't want to be making Dafnie and Paul's relationship miserable. Tonight was amazing. That's all I could possibly ask for.

------
After my talk with Dafnie, she seemed to be feeling at least a little better, my problems probably got her mind off her own.

I got up and we both went back into the prom. We parted ways, I went back to Paul with punch in my hand. Tonight would be about us and then I'd talk to him by tomorrow about New York.

"About time you came back to me." he said with a smile. I pulled on his hand and he knew that meant I'd want to dance.

He pulled me close and I rested my head on his shoulders, I'd definitely miss him the most.

"I just want to tell you that I love you. No matter where life takes us, you will always have the best part of my heart." I told him.

He smiled.

After two more dances I made my exit to go home. He stayed, and I was fine with that. I didn't care about prom king and queen so I left early.

----

"You can't leave to New York without me." Jessie shouted. I laughed at how loud she could be.

"I think it's my destiny. My aunt Mae contacted me two weeks ago and already agreed that I could come live with her until I finished school." I told her.

We both sat on her bed, each texting, "But, have you told Paul yet?" she asked.

"I love you, Paul. I just want you to know that I'm leaving for New York the day after school lets out."

I sighed, yes. I surely did tell him. "I just sent the text."

"How did he take it?" she asked.

"As soon as he replies, I will definitely let you know." I said.

Spoiler! :
@Nike @Shiney

Yup, you guys. Izzy is going to New York! <3
Words are a lens to focus one's mind.

- Ayn Rand

271 Reviews

Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:58 am
Gravity says...

Adrian

I sat with her Dad uncomfortably in the living room.

"So... you're from France?" He cleared his throat.

"Ah yes, Jessie tells me you and Mrs. Gates do business in Paris. Fashion is a tricky business. I actually remember serving you in the restaurant where I met Jessie, I made your meal. You ordered the escargot as an appetizer and then an omelette for dinner, right? Your waitress told me about the eggs for breakfast joke you made."

"Oh, you made our meal? You did very well, I'm impressed. That was a high class restaurant." Her father looked at me, smiling. And that's when I saw her.

Jessie came down the stairs in a brilliant red dress, the same dress she had on when we first met. I felt like I had the wind knocked out me, the dress was too tight on her, granted she was also 8 months pregnant. But it still looked amazing. There was a one shoulder strap and a slit up the side that showed off her long legs. Even though she was pregnant, and I would never go there with her, I felt a slight stirring in my pants. I quickly thought of grapefruit and dying puppies... don't ask.

Her blonde hair was curled and makeup done dramatically- thick black eyeliner with red lipstick. She was breathtaking. I put the corsage on her wrist, white accented with little gold ribbons, but not a bright gold. I figured it would go with whatever she threw together.

When we arrived, everybody turned to look at us. As much as I wanted to believe it was because Jessie was the most beautiful girl in the room, I knew that wasn't it. It was because she was pregnant and the father was nowhere to be found, but I was.

First we ate dinner and then we danced. Jessie got tired easily, after all she was carrying a lot more weight than I. But the slow dances were nice, even if her belly was pushed into mine. Either way it was great to spend time with her, talking and laughing. Until Cole came storming up to me.

"What the hell do you think your doing?" She hissed in French. Her dress was gold and white, a crown of flowers on her head. She looked like an angel or a goddess. A very pissed off goddess.

"Language, Colette," I said patiently, "What do you mean?"

"Why are you with Jessie? The same girl who tried to split up Rupert and I when we first started dating? And succeeded, I might add!"

"She's not the same person," I said, clenching my fists, "She's gone through a lot with the pregnancy and has never been anything more than sweet to me."

"Adrian!" she said, "That bitch tried to ruin my life. I heard-"

"Stope, Cole," I interrupted, "You're being incredibly petty and immature right now. I love you but in case you don't remember, you've done some stupid crap too." I was reminded her about how she almost overdosed when she was paralyzed. And she looked kinda guilty.

"You're right, I need to go calm down and I don't want to start a fight tonight. See you later?" She kissed me on both cheeks.

"Yeah of course," I replied, switching back to English.

She walked away, her white dress flowing behind her. Jessie walked up to me just then, the slit in her dress revealing her thigh.

"Everything okay?" she asked.

"Yeah, everything's fine." I turned to her just then, twirling one of her blonde curls around my finger. "Jessie?"

"Yeah?" she was barely breathing.

"Can I kiss you now?"

"Yes," she whispered, just as I leaned in.

271 Reviews

Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:22 am
Gravity says...

Cole

After the blowout with Adrian, I joined Rupert.

"You ready to go?" he asked me. I looked around, Prom Queen and King had already been announced

Spoiler! :
Again, no idea who that is,

and I was ready to go. Plus, I was excited to be with Rupert. I nodded.

"Yeah but we get a taxi. I want to leave the limo for Dafnie and Thorne, okay?" I asked and he nodded, his forehead resting against mine.

Warning, sexual content, figured I'd warn you guys. Nothing major but still. They have sex, you get the point. So if you don't want to read on, that's fine :)

"Okay," he whispered. So we flagged down a taxi and Rupert had the taxi driver take us to a fancy hotel where he had made a reservation.

He gripped my hand, "You still okay to do this?" he asked.

"Yes," I said, "It's not like I'm a virgin."

"True, but that doesn't mean that each and every time after that shouldn't still be special." He squeezed my hand and smiled at me before pulling me out of the cab and into the hotel elevator. He kissed me gently, touching my cheek.

"Thank you," I said, taking his hand.

"For what?" The elevator dinged open and I lead him out.

"For making it special," I said, letting him take me to our room number.

He opened the door and flipped on the lights and the room was beautiful. The walls were white and the color scheme matched my dress with golden curtains and a golden coverlet. There was a bar and a mini fridge done with granite counter tops. The decor was simple but very tasteful and lavish.

"This is... really nice," I said, kissing him.

"Not as wonderful as you though," he kissed me back, reaching behind me pull down the zipper of my dress. I pulled away from him looking him in the eyes as I pulled my arms out, dropping the dress and letting it pool to the floor. His eyes roamed over my body, gazing over the lingerie I'd painstakingly chosen.

"Wow," he breathed and I smiled.

"Oh, and one more thing," I said,

"There's more?" he asked incredulously.

I pressed my body against his, kissing him deeply as I felt his arousal against me. I pulled back and whispered in his ear,

"I'm on birth control." We both grinned and he pushed me back on the bed, running his hands over my freshly shaved legs.

"Tonight is going to be perfect," he said, just before he took off his suit.

The adjective should reinvent the noun.
— Leslie Norris