You(')re A Star(,)
You(')re A Millionaire(,)
You(')re Great(,)
You Are Unstoppable(.)
You Have the Eye Of The Tiger(.)
Never Ever Say Never(.)
Can't Say I Can't(.)
END(.)
Last edited by YouWishYouHadThis on Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:17 am, edited 5 times in total.
I Can Rock Your World And Live My Life like A Rock star

167 Reviews

Reviews: 167
Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:22 pm
View Likes
confetti says...

I would suggest putting this in poetry.
"So the writer who breeds more words than he needs, is making a chore for the reader who reads."
— Dr. Seuss

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:46 pm
lele253isme says...

I love this its so good. Thats what I see in you. You are unstopable.

1485 Reviews

Reviews: 1485
Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:22 pm
IcyFlame says...

Firstly, yes this needs to be in poetry. I will attempt to nitpick here though.

YouWishYouHadThis wrote:Do You Want It?
Do You Want It REAL Bad ?
Then Go For It
Do Your Thing
Reach High
Because In My Eyes
You're A Star
You're A Millionaire
You're Great
You Are Unstoppable
You Have the Eye Of The Tiger
Never Ever Say Never
Can't Say 'I Can't '
The End

A good message behind this but you may want to look over some of your lines and see if they are what you really want to say - such as 'a millionaire' which isn't something that is automatically associated with being the best. Keep on typing!

403 Reviews

Reviews: 403
Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:31 pm
SmylinG says...

As requested, Bud. :mrgreen:

So. For one, I see you have this posted under short stories? o.O It seems like poetry to me. I mean, that's what this is isn't it? Well, I think it can be moved into poetry by a mod or someone. I think. But anyway, I'll just get onto my review now.

Stylistically, this is pretty unique in its own. I've seen writers lay out their poetry in all lowercase, some choose to capitalize the letter at the beginning of each line, etc., but I've never quite seen anyone do what you did, individualizing each word as they are. Not a bad thing, just a different thing. There's also no punctuation involved, which is also a stylistic thing for some, so I guess I won't pester you too much about it. Maybe a question mark or period here and there in the appropriate places wouldn't be such a bad idea. xD

You had a few errors in spelling, which I will anally point out to you being the OCD weirdo I am. I'll also include some of the punctuation the way I would have better liked to see it. Not that you have to include it.

YouWishYouHadThis wrote:Do You Want It(?)
Do You Want It REAL Bad(?)
Then Go For It(,)
Do Your Thing(.)
Reach High(,)
Because In My Eyes
You(')re A Star(,)
You(')re A Millionaire(,)
You(')re Great(,)
You Are Unstoppable(.)
You Have the Eye Of The Tiger(.)
Never Ever Say Never(.)
Can't Say I Can't(.)
The End(.)

So those are my littler nitpicky corrections. I think overall, the poem was very simple and sweet, but you can obviously do a lot with something like this. You can elaborate the ideas behind the kind of inspiration and encouragement you're trying to evoke. Sometimes simple works very well. Often times, when the writer is being simple though, they still inject a certain kind of unique quality that makes their own words really stand apart from any other's. I'd really love to see you do that with this. Think deeper about what you're trying to say and pull out as much as you can from it. Let the expression spill out of your head into your words. I guarantee you'll love the outcome. ;)

I hope you can take what I've said here and use it to your utmost benefit in improving what you have. Good luck with your future writing endeavors and if you ever are in need of another review feel free to ask!

-Smylin'
Paul is my little, evil, yellow bundle of joy.

Books give a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything
— Plato