z

Young Writers Society

story idea- need to know if you would read it

Reviews: 0
Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:52 pm
Soni133 says...

In a distant future another, more advanced version of humans have begun to form. They either have mental or physical advancement. The government has been hiding them in domes- the others are put there before they "realize" themselves so they don't know they are in domes.
-50 years later-
One of the others escaped 15 years ago. He met the wife of the current Governor of Bagay (one of the new provences after the reform of North America) and she had an affair with him. After the child was born she was so overcome with guilt she killed herself. The child, named Serenity, grew up in Bagay, living with her Father.

This history has been kept secret from everyone, not even the governor knows who his daughter really is. Now- after serenity begins to get sick and meets the Governess of Anonyme- in charge of a secret place hidden just outside the capitol. The Governess has been giving Serenity hints and now- well now serenity is going to uncover a conspiracy larger than ever before.
Welcome to the world of tomorrow!
-Futurama ep 1

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:30 pm
Stori says...

I think I would read this if it put a new spin on the "special powers" stereotype.

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:44 pm
Lauren2010 says...

I'd probably check it out, considering I have a huge thing for dystopia. You'd have to really push the limits, though, and try to do something different with the genre (and like Stori said with the "special powers" thing). New spins on known constructions always make interesting fiction!
Got YWS?

57 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 57
Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:39 am
Animal says...

It is good but targeting reader depends on how you write. You could add little more detail. This looks interesting but nevertheless needs improvement in the plot. Shoot me a PM if you need more help!
deleted

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:37 pm
DiskElemental says...

No. I've read enough "special teen saves the world" book for one lifetime.
A man without a plan, or anything else for that matter. (Except a review thread).

Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:40 pm
Soni133 says...

Thank you for the feedback. Now my question is: What do you mean by push the super powers thing. I was going to have people basically with stronger mental or physical capabilities. Almost like Humans: Take 2.
-Futurama ep 1

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:34 pm
Stori says...

Others may have different opinions, but I would advise you to steer clear of telepathy, telekinesis, etc. since those are overused. Someone who is unusually gifted in mathematics or languages (like a savant) might make for a more interesting protagonist, on the "mental capabilities" side.

Random avatar

Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:07 pm
rachaelwillson1 says...

I would read this, it has an interesting plot but may seem to disappear in this already huge genre. :)

Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:54 pm
Soni133 says...

Thank you Everyone, and that's what i was thinking of Stori! You've all been a lot of help. Ill start working immediately!
-Futurama ep 1

No matter what happens I'll always know there's a quote of mine in the YWS quote generator.
— looseleaf