z

Young Writers Society

What makes good writing?

Reviews: 3
Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:18 pm
Cheshire-Writer says...

Personally I think good writing takes work. When I read a book I like to feel like the writer took their time with research and careful consideration. That's my opnion now I want to hear others. Maybe even a few book suggestions of your favorite writing :D

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:27 pm
KailaMarie says...

I think really great writing is when the plot is something that like weaves and works out in the end. I don't mean works out like a happy ending necessarily, but something that makes sense how it ends, even if the plot is complicated. Like the book I Am The Cheese how you don't understand what's going on until the end, but then it all makes sense.
... :D ...
[url]spottedturtle.tumblr.com[/url]

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:57 pm
Rosendorn says...

Characters. By far I love unique characters. Like Neal in Peirce's Protector of the Small. A healer with a sharp wit, sarcastic demeanor and unfailing loyalty. Somebody to really remember.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:41 am
Meep says...

Attention to detail. Now, this doesn't mean telling the reader absolutely everything, but mentioning little things that other people might not notice really brings a scene or character or place to life and those little details give the reader a clearer picture and a good place to start for imagining what's being described.
✖ I'm sick, you're tired. Let's dance.

198 Reviews

Reviews: 198
Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:49 am
Dreamworx95 says...

I think good writing is something that flows freely the moment you lay your pen on the paper. Whatever comes naturally is best. I think good writing is something you don't really have to stop and think about as you write. Also, when you know your characters and have fun with them, that's always good too. Of course you should always fix grammatical errors and spelling mistakes, but you should always stay true to your writing style.

287 Reviews

Reviews: 287
Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:30 pm
Maki-Chan says...

taking the time to create a vivid scene with words, and describing is what gets me. Also trying something no one else has done before! Taking a risk in writing is just so much fun ^_^
check out my deviantart account ^_^
http://maki121.deviantart.com/

Don't say you don't have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.
— H. Jackson Brown