Firestalker says...

Just two question
What is your favorite book? :?:
What are you working on know? :?:

For the second question give a description of your story

see ya soon

The only thing we need to fear is fear itself
--
Who is not Insane one man ask, the answer being a fool.
Are you Insane the same man asks, - "Oh yes!. The Mad Hatter being saner!"

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Sun May 13, 2007 4:14 pm
Poor Imp says...

Moved to Fiction Discussion.
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Sun May 13, 2007 6:27 pm
Archae says...

My favorite book? God, that's a hard one to answer... I'd have to say Nightrise by Anthony Horowitz, because I just loved the plot. My favorite author too :lol:

I'm currently writing... uhh... quite a lot of things actually. The one I'll name is a story called Afterlife, which follows a boy who dies, but doesn't go on to heaven or hell. Instead, he stays on earth and learns how to become a Guardian Angel. Kinda' a cross between Harry Potter and The Wishlist... :P
Mockingbirds don't do one thing but make music for us to enjoy... they don't do one thing but sing their hearts out for us. That's why it's a sin to kill a mockingbird. -- To Kill a Mocking Bird - Harper Lee

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Mon May 14, 2007 5:32 pm
Alainna says...

My favourite book is The Butterfly Tattoo by Philip Pullman. It's one of his lesser known books but I just love it!!! I'm yet to meet someone who has read it!!!

The story I'm working on now is Lyla. It's based on teen pregnancy. I don't really have much to say about it....it's one of those things you just have to go along with and see what happens...not much of it is planned at all.

Alainna
xxxxxx

P.S. Archae, your sig is soo cool...I love that book.
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Mon May 14, 2007 5:59 pm
Jules the jester says...

The First Chronicles Of Druss The Legend. David Gemmel. Brilliantly written, emotional and most of all It has DRUSs IN IT. (you have to be a Gemmel Fan.)

I am currently working on Dead zone. It is a story for a writing comeptition set up in the Honour of the late David Gemmel. About a young man who is trying to survive in post apocalyptic britain. He has to cope with Gangs of lunatics and the invasion of the Nato forces to re colonise Britain.
Man:George look at this.
George: look at what?
Man: Ha made you look!
George: Idiot!

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Mon May 14, 2007 7:14 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

Well, this sounds horribly predictable, and I probably won't have much respect from any other members for a very long time, but I'd have to say Harry Potter. I just love Rowling's style, the tongue-in-cheek humour, the plot, everything.

As to what I'm writing at the moment, I'm concentrating on short-story work mostly, to get better, and the story I'm currently working on is focused around murders. Fun :P Also, I'm in various developing stages for a series of fantasy books and one fantasy novel. I'm just getting the ideas down in notepads and stuff at the moment.

Also, I've had stuff in mind which I've just recently been thinking about, with no plot in mind and nothing written down, and are in very early stages of development. One of them is a sort of Contemporary Fantasy, with religious themes (ironic, since I am not particularly religious), and the other is a series of Dark Fantasy books, which are sort of Harry Potterish, although much darker in content.

-Kaz
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:18 am
Alice says...

Immortals: The Calling Jennifer Ashley. Its just awesome like that.

The story i'm working on now is similar to that, which surprised me when i picked up the book. Its got varing types of magical creatures both evil and good, and the few who's job it is to stop the ones who don't like the rules. And its a romance (of course with me)
I just lost the game.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:36 am
Snoink says...

FREAK, apparently. :P

No... I really don't know. There are so many awesome ones... why limit yourself to one favorite? :?
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

563 Reviews

Reviews: 563
Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:46 pm
Writersdomain says...

I can't single out one favorite book, but some of my favorites are: The Silver Hand by Stephen Lawhead, The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald, Assassin's Apprentice by Robin Hobb, The Return of the King by J.R.R. Tolkien and The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger.

There are a lot more, but those are the ones that came to mind. :P

What are you working on know?

I assume you mean 'now'? Sorry.

Right now I am working on Tears of Lecraesa, the second book of my story, and if I tried to give you a description, you would be staring at me in complete confusion by the end; therefore, I will just say that it is a character-oriented fantasy story.
~ WD
If you desire a review from WD, post here

"All I know, all I'm saying, is that a story finds a storyteller. Not the other way around." ~Neverwas

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:06 pm
Myth says...

Alice In Wonderland -- Lewis Carroll. Predictable?

Currently working on short sketches on Constable and his cloud, with a few appearances from Dissen.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:50 pm
Rydia says...

The Great Gatsby? Urgh. I had to study that recently and I have to say that I was glad when he got killed!

My current favourite books are -
1. The Pact by Jodi Picoult
2. Guards Guards by Terry Pratchett
3. Exodus by Julie Bertagna
4. The whole Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan
5. Stravaganza by Mary Hoffman

Maybe not in that order... I'm not sure. There are so many others I like too. Lol. Sorry, I have top ten lists from each genre at home and even those aren't enough to cover all the books I like.

As for what I'm working on...

Final chapter of 'Suns, planets and a whole load of balls' a science fiction comedy. Basically, the sun has turned into a red giant and is about to collapse into a black hole and suck in the Earth. With Mr Pailey as team leader, a brave group of people launch themselves into Space in search of the perfect sun with which to save the Earth. In other words it's Mr Pailey's adventures through Space.

The second project is sort of a sequel to the first. We haven't written much yet and it has no title but it's about Mr Pailey and his adventures through time. In a world where safety is key and all sweets above a 1cm diameter have a hole through the middle to prevent choking, what are the thrill seekers to do? Even cars have been banned and the only way to die is through old age or complete boredom. All is not lost though as illegal tours of the past are now being run. How would you like to see the great fire of london or experience a real life war? Our characters sure would and only Mr Pailey seems to realise the danger they have put themselves in.

Then there's 'The Last human' that hasn't got beyond planning yet. Basically, a disease has killed practically the whole of the human race and at the beginning of our tale only two known humans have survived. The main character and his sister. The children are lonely though and with their advanced technology, these humans create android animals to keep them company. Then the sister drowns in a tragic accident and distraught, the boy creates a replica of her. This gives him an idea and he makes an android to re-create his whole village. In time, the boy goes into denial and forgets the androids aren't real. He gets engaged to one and that's when a small group of survivors stumble upon the village. A whole village full of people but they know something isn't quite right...

I have a few on hold too called 'Mage Wars' and 'When Writers are no longer needed,' both pretty close to completion. Then there's the various ideas for poems that pop into my head now and then and the 'Mao' animation that isn't even planned completely, an Elfish one that may never be written much to my dismay and a short animation so my sister can practise before we tackle any of the larger projects.

If any of you actually read to the end of that post, you deserve a gold star.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:17 pm
Meep says...

Freak the Mighty is my favorite book, hands down. No ifs, ands, or buts. Now, my second favorite book is up for debate. (It's a tie between Tithe and What Happened to Lani Garver.)

As for what I am working on right now, it has no title, but it involves ghosts, psychics, forgotten promises and a biology exam, but not in that order.
✖ I'm sick, you're tired. Let's dance.

163 Reviews

Reviews: 163
Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:24 am
Kit says...

Other than anything by Italo Calvino, the book from the 1870s by the name of:
"Creative and Sexual Science Including Manhood Womanhood and their mutual Interrelations Love Its Laws Powers Etc" by O S Fowler.

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:28 am
deleted6 says...

My favourite book has to be Montmorency - Eleanor Updale and I'm working on my story chapter 17 Chasing Rainbows.
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:50 pm
Firestalker says...

Sorry for not writing in weeks.

when i wrote 'whats your favourite book?' i meant books. it dosnt matter if you have a hundred just type it all down.
I NEED MORE INFO!!!

My foavorite books are the whole series of artamis fowl

I'm working on a book about a kid going on a jurney in a time between maedeveal and modern times.You get the idea
--
Who is not Insane one man ask, the answer being a fool.
Are you Insane the same man asks, - "Oh yes!. The Mad Hatter being saner!"

The strongest people are not those who show their true strength in front of us but those who win battles we know nothing about.
— Unknown