z

Young Writers Society

Who is your all-time favourite fantasy hero/villan?

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:53 pm
HeadInTheClouds says...

Gandalf has always been at the top of my list too. And who could forget Gollum!? I always thought it was funny that his soul purpose in life was to get the Ring for himself, yet in the end he was really the reason it was destroyed.
If I don't write to empty my mind, I go mad. ~Lord Byron

Captain Jack is back May 25!

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:25 pm
deleted6 says...

Heroes
Lilian and Karen out of the View from the Mirror Quarteppt. Lilian is such an unexpected hero he had no fighting skills and is quite cowardly at first. While Karen she is complete oppisite and at first can't stand him. Gandalf definetly. I love the bit in Rohan where he goes "You never take an old man stick away." When the most powerful weapon is the staff. Dr Who, come on you gotta love Dr Who the way he explains things at about thirty miles an hour and can talk to the most evil villians so cheekily ect.

Villians
Gollum. Yggur and Rulke both these guys are misunderstood souls. Valantine out of Mortal Engines ect
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:12 am
Elelel says...

Very true! Doctor Who rules. Him as well on my list then.
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:33 am
LowKey says...

Heroes:
Cian, (Key-an) A vampire from Nora Robert's Morigan's Cross.
Kendrick, a ghost from Lynn Kirland's Dreams of Stardust
Achilles from Troy

Villains:
Lilith, a vampire from Nora Robert's Morigan's Cross.
Gollum from JRR Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings
Vallis from Dean Koontz's Velocity
Lord Voldemort from JK Rowling's Harry Potter
Snape from JK Rowling's Harry Potter
Gorgreal from Sara Douglass's The Wayfarer Redemption
Necropolis SB / Necropolis DT

Once was Dreamer, is now LowKey_Lyesmith.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

236 Reviews

Reviews: 236
Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:57 pm
carelessaussie13 says...

Hero---Somebody early on said !Xabbu from Tad William's Otherland, and I second that to the umteenth degree. Go !Xabbu! Also Alanna, from Tamora Pierce's Alanna series. And Valentine from Orson Card's Ender series.

Villain---Achilles, from Orson Scott Card's Ender's Shadow, Shadow of the Hegemon and Shadow Puppets. He's so much fun to hate!
“To awaken quite alone in a strange town is one of the pleasantest sensations in the world.” - Freya Stark

Reviews: 1
Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:53 pm
Fraai says...

Frodo = And especially his great acting makes him a really interesting charector, although I've never read Tolkien's books (I will though).

Don't know about villans though. I might think of something. :D
Why did the chicken cross the road?
Because he felt like it. Period.

.........{FRAAI.DEVIANTART.COM}

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:39 pm
Ani May Queen says...

Favorite Heros...

Kavi From The Farsala Trilogy.

He's just so...squee! I just love him. I like how he sometimes tries to act like he doesn't care about certain people, like he'd leave them on the road to die of thirst or something, but you know if he did he wouldn't get five feet before turning back to help the guy out. Nothing's better than a redeemed hero.

Odd Thomas from Odd Thomas

He's so normal that its funny. The way he thinks just makes me laugh...

...And Villans

Professor Umbridge from Harry Potter
Made me want so strangle her

And I can't think of any others...but I know they're there...
Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality. - Jules de Gaultier

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:55 am
Shafter says...

Samwise Gamgee from LotR... the book, not the movie. Technically he's the sidekick, so then...
Aragorn from LotR (to reiterate: the book, NOT the movie)!

As for my favorite villain... I dunno. Can you do one from a TV show? No? Well, I'll say it anyway: Lex Luthor from Smallville. And again, since that doesn't count, how about... Danteel? Some of you might recognize him from In Thrall, Gyr's story. I'm sure there must be some others, but can't think of any offhand. Unless, :oops: I could list my own villain, Feron-Shious. Yeah... guess not.

I'm rambling now, so I'm going to shut up.
Got YWS?

Over 18? Join The Writers Society today!
http://www.thewriterssociety.com

375 Reviews

Reviews: 375
Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:38 am
Dargquon Ql'deleodna says...

Hero: Drizzt Do'Urden, R.A. Salvatore's creation. A Dark elf (drow) ranger. He's really freaking cool, and appears in many of Salvatore's books (the books are also freaking amazing).

Villain: Not really sure if he's a Villain (i mean considering evil and good are all just a point of view, but im guessing a bunch of people would see him as a villain so what ever), but w/e Artemis Entrei. Another one of R.A. Salvatore's creations, human assasin, He is also really really cool.
Life's a B*tch, slap it upside the head.

Dargquon Ql'deleodna: (n) "Dar-qu-on Kel-del-ode-na" something i made up that sounded cool, partially based off of the Drow Drizzt Do'Urden's name style

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:49 pm
Bjorn says...

He's both hero and villian (in some respects) the Drakhoul from Sarah Ash's "Tears of Artamon" series.
Killing For Peace Is Like F#@%ing For Chastity
Revolucija Je Sada! Revolucija Je Stobom I Svima! Revolucija Je Uvijek-Zivi Uz Revolucije I Budite Slobodni!

Reviews: 1
Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:07 pm
Fearless says...

Hmm...I'm not sure. I love Sam from Lord of the Rings!

Although I think my favorite fantasy hero would have to be...
Aragon. (I forgot how to spell his name. Is that how you spell it?)
He is so awesome. I love how he becomes king at the end. He's amazing. I also love the sword he uses.
Gandalf!! I prefer Gandalf the White. He is easily loved. :)

Villian?
Gollum is such an awesome villian! I love him! I like a lot of villians.
Voldemort because he's just so powerful.
Serverus Snape because he just seems so mysterious...it was surprising to find out that he was the Half Blood Prince. (Spoiler)
Searching,
Seek and Destroy

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:14 am
Merlin34 says...

I like Mrs. Coulter for villains, because she actually has motives (keeping Lyra safe) and she turns to the side of good in the end.

As for heroes, I like Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games.

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:52 am
Jesse says...

For Hero's mines gotta be, once again, Zeddicus Zul'Zorander from Terry Goodkinds Sword of Truth series. He's witty, and so down to earth for being one of the greatest wizards in his world's history.

As far as villains, Darken Rahl from the same book series. Hell, id reccomend the series just because if him, favourite person to have ever read about.
To be a hero is not to be out of the ordinary, it is to be ordinarily remarkable.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:39 am
GreenGiraffe says...

Well, for Hero, it'd be a tie between...
Artemis Fowl, Darren Shan and L from Death Note (Death note is a manga by the way)

Artemis fowl because he's smart, funny and sarcastic, i like to pretend that i can relate, hehe

Darren Shan because, well just because i like the character

And L, because L is plain awesome, and a super smart detective who has to find a killer from everyone in the whole world! but he soon narrows it down =]

Villain would have to be Professor Umbridge, i know alot of people have already said her, but seriously, shes just the kind of person everyone hates and wants to strangle (unreasonable and such)

Oh yeah and Light Yagami from Death note also, well, He's more of an anti-hero, but still, he's very smart and devious. Also his scenes in the manga are epic
Click here to make a clicking sound

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:19 am
hero says...

Villains:

Steve, from the Saga of Darren Shan - He's just so evil that you just have to love him :).

Shrike, from the Mortal Engines Series - I liked him; he had depth, and reasons for doing everything, and also shreds those who get in his way.

Heroes:

(Slightly clueless; they all seem the same...)

Evanna, from the Saga of Darren Shan - Yes, she was technically neutral, as she never got tired of pointing out, but I liked her; she fought with her brain :).

Tom Natsworthy, from the Mortal Engines Series - He was at first a lovable apprentice, then a young aviator, then a middle-aged aviator, then a dying aviator; nobody messes with that timeline. I just liked how clueless he was about scum.

Shrike, from the Mortal Engines Series - Yes, he's also a villain, but, hey, he does a bunch of heroic deeds, like decapitating Stalker Fang, helping to free Oenone Naga, basically being Hester Shaw's mechanical father.

Anti-Heroes:

Gannen Harst, from the Saga of Darren Shan - In my eyes, he portrayed an anti-hero; on one hand, he's working for the evil side, on the other, he knows his boss is insane, he's just following orders and prophecy. On one hand, he stabs his own brother, on the other, he helps merge the two clans together (after his boss dies).

That's all. Also, yes, I know, I should have mentioned Umbridge and Harry Potter and Snape, but a) they're already mentioned, and b) I'm not jumping on a bandwagon.
This guy is so evil you could put him in between two slices of bread and call him an evil sandwich.

Coming at you like a jetpack Shakespeare.

Hero's Reviews
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic53905.html

Be the annoying goose you want to see in the world.
— Welcome to Night Vale