z

Young Writers Society

Recomendable books with suspense and comedy?

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:21 pm
BeingRivy says...

Hi.

If you don’t mind answering, what are your favorite books and comics that are suspenseful, or funny/comedy, or have both in it? I don’t know what these genres are called when there’s comedy or suspense all together.

I want people to recommend me books, without spoiling the plot. I don’t like Harry Potter, because I feel like those books are too...um...thick. I prefer thin books. And I hate long series books. Maybe I can tackle 8-10 series books. But as long as you send me that level please recommend me a list of books.

I can’t even last for a week minutes reading one middle grade novel completely like all professionals must do. Because it’s either boring (and I will only read it once then forgetting about the book forever), or I just don’t feel like reading any books, just comics. What can I do?

I hope you send me a message.

From, @BeingRivy .

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:49 pm
looseleaf says...

Hey BeingRivy!

I don't read short books like you, but I have a few suggestions if you're willing to go outside your comfort zone:

- Death on the Nile - suspenseful
- Murder on the Orient Express - suspenseful
- A Very Punchable Face: A Memoir - comedy
- The Maze Runner - suspenseful

If you don't like reading books, it's okay to just read comics. You're still getting reading in and there's nothing wrong with comics. Read what you love, not what people want you to read (unless it's your teachers :P).

"Perhaps one did not want to be loved so much as to be understood."
— George Orwell, 1984