z

Young Writers Society

What is your favorite fiction book?

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:20 pm
View Likes
Purple67 says...

Hello there! I was wondering, what is everyone's favorite fiction book? You can share the books covers or give a summary of your favorite book(s)!

185 Reviews

Reviews: 185
Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:47 pm
View Likes
FireEyes says...

My favourite fiction book at the moment is The Outsiders by SE Hinton. The summary on the back of the book says, "Ponyboy [the main character] can count on his brother. And on his friends. But not on much else besides trouble with the Socs, a vicious gang of rich kids whose idea of a good time is beating up "greasers" like Ponyboy. At least he knows what to expect-until the night someone takes things too far." Makes me cry every time.
I won't go down by myself, but I'll go down with my friends
I'm taking back the life you stole
Came a time when every star fall brought you to tears again

-My Chemical Romance

278 Reviews

Reviews: 278
Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:53 pm
View Likes
LittleLee says...

HMM well, I love the entire Wheel of Time series. I'm terrible at summarizing stuff, though, so here's the official(?) summary:

Robert Jordan’s Wheel of Time is a story that takes place both in our past and our future. In his fantasy world, the Dark One, the embodiment of pure evil, is breaking free from his prison. The overall plot is about a man who learns that he is the reincarnation of the world’s messiah and is once again destined to save the world from the Dark One — but possibly destroy it in the process. This saga is not only his story, but the story of an entire world’s struggle to deal with war and change, destruction and hope.
Attachments
Biffer.jpg
Here are the covers of one set of the editions.
Biffer.jpg (23.68 KiB) Viewed 737 times
"I believe a man does what he can until his destiny is revealed to him."

Random avatar

Reviews: 63

Reviews: 2
Wed May 05, 2021 6:08 pm
Darkheart4life says...

My all time fav fiction books are #1. The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling. #2. DragonFire Academy series by Rachel Jonas (am in the process of writing a book based off these but a bit different! lol). #3. Fablehaven series by Brandon Mull

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Sat May 08, 2021 2:41 am
View Likes
TheWarriorMingan says...

My favorite fiction book is The Edge on the Sword by Rebecca Tingle. Another favorite of mine is The Legend of Lady Ilena by Patricia Malone. I also enjoy the Julie of the Wolves Trilogy by Jean Craighead George.
I have a lot of time on my hands. . .
Selling: Custom Cover designs/logos/bookmarks

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Sat May 08, 2021 4:30 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

"A Small Rain" by Madeleine L'Engle is my very favorite! :]
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

542 Reviews

Reviews: 542
Sat May 08, 2021 2:54 pm
View Likes
Liminality says...

Mine is Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro. It's a story about clones that isn't really about clones, with the feel of a disjointed memory play.
she/her

Have you met my friend, The Story Review Template?

Reviews: 4
Sat May 08, 2021 3:59 pm
View Likes
LizzAndTheNifflers says...

Without any doubt I can say that my favorite fiction books are the Cogheart series. I have actually never met anyone who has read these books before but I really recommend them. The story follows this girl named Lily who's father owned a machine (if I say exactly what it is it would be a spoiler) that lots of people want to steal. To put it simply the machine had the ability to work forever without stopping which made it very valuable. While Lily was away her father mysteriously disappeared while he was on a trip, the people who she had to stay with until he was found were terribly shifty and were trying to locate the forever working invention. While trying to uncover the mysteries of her father she involves a boy named Robert in her shenanigans. Together they spend the rest of the book trying to find Lily's dad and evading the criminals.

212 Reviews

Reviews: 212
Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:47 pm
WinnyWriter says...

Ooh, gotta say I love the Michael Vey series by Richard Paul Evans! It's a youth semi-scifi series about this kid with electric powers who ends up on all kinds of dangerous expeditions to take down the corporation of the evil scientist who basically gave him his powers.

GET YER EYES AWAY FROM MY EYE SOCKETS >.>
— herbalhour