z

Young Writers Society

Podcasts? Podcasts.

Reviews: 0
Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:41 pm
IacanusNegraeus says...

In my ambition, I actually established my own (legitimate) production studio that produces original audio-dramas. We have staff writers & editors, and often we all collaborate on certain projects. In addition to such, our writers each have their own shows that they are writing. To give you an idea, if any of you are familiar with old time classic radio from the 40s and 50s, it's like that. My show is, actually, an anthology series called "Tales From the Golden Age". I take old scripts from shows like "Suspense" and "The Whistler", and update them to fit a more modern setting, to be more plebeian-friendly.

We also function like a litmag, and at certain times throughout the year, we encourage people to submit their own scripts. We, in turn, produce the best ones. It's a really fun niche, I think, and I'm glad that we've actually managed to be so successful at getting it started. I'm not joking when I say that it looks good on a resume. At least one person from on here is on our writing staff, or, at least, was at one point. I'm not going to name her though :P

Still, I think that podcasts, particularly audio dramas, are a really under-represented form of media, and I hope to do what I can to reinvigorate an interest into what I think is a fantastic storytelling medium.

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Sun May 13, 2018 9:20 pm
Brigadier says...

These are all mainly comedy btw.
And history.
That's a summary of me lol.

Semi-dead thread but I just started listening to a really good LGBTQ+ podcast.
Dyking Out
- semi-mature
- because swearing
- nothing like mature, mature so far

There's always Wait, Wait...Don't Tell Me, which I usually listen to on the actual radio (go ahead and hurt me), but due to a recent spike in rain and a lack of reception, I've been listening online.

There's also a couple of history ones.
I really like Stuff You Missed in History Class, though it's been awhile since I listened to it.

I mean they don't exactly update it anymore but Car Talk. Comedy + knowledge.

A History of the World in 100 Objects has been recommended me a few times but I've never gone through with listening to it.

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Sun May 13, 2018 10:17 pm
View Likes
SnowGhost says...

Critical Role It's awesome. Enough said.
Just killing time until time kills me.

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Sun May 13, 2018 11:14 pm
Evander says...

@snowmonkey9 - Ah, yeah, I've heard about Critical Role. I actually think that the Critical Role fandom and the TAZ fandom overlap a little bit? Either way, the fan art that I've seen for CR looks pretty cool.
Want to talk about your project? Head on over to the Writers Corner! If you have a question about writing, then head on over to Research! Is your question not big enough to warrant its own thread? Ask away in Little Details!

German rat enthusiast.

229 Reviews

Reviews: 229
Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:03 am
View Likes
foxmaster says...

I like the podcast stuff you should know. Its really interesting anf talks about a whole pot of interesting stuff. I once learned from a podcast how to hipnotize people. Its pretty cool.

120 Reviews

Reviews: 120
Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:41 pm
View Likes
GengarIsBestBoy says...

I like to listen to podcasts while I’m doing things like making puppets or scrapbooking. I like fiction podcasts, and the one I’m currently on is Welcome to Night Vale. There was a void in my heart when my favorite show ended, and this podcast fills that void.
How dare you make fun of Molly Mcgee?! That’s my job!!

—Scratch, The Ghost and Molly Mcgee

[Gengar! :D]
[Spooky month fan, internet cryptid, certified nerd]

120 Reviews

Reviews: 120
Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:12 pm
View Likes
GengarIsBestBoy says...

I’ve started listening to a new podcast recently! It’s called Hello from the Hallowoods. It’s a surreal horror fiction podcast—told from the pov of an omnipresent eldritch narrator—about survivors in a forest full of terrors.

It’s definitely more bittersweet with less comedy, but the episodes are much longer and I’ll definitely be listening to it during longer creative projects!
How dare you make fun of Molly Mcgee?! That’s my job!!

—Scratch, The Ghost and Molly Mcgee

[Gengar! :D]
[Spooky month fan, internet cryptid, certified nerd]

Attention is the beginning of devotion.
— Mary Oliver, Upstream