z

Young Writers Society

Writer's Block

Random avatar

Reviews: 223
Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:27 am
Mathy says...

I have heard this is very common, but I have never EVER had writer's block. I always have more to tell, and often may write the entire draft of a novel In one day. I post multiple fan fiction chapters a day and constantly work on my novel. I guess I just have sorta overactive imagination. When it comes to creating characters. I can always think of something new. What do you guys think about this topic?

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk
ZeldaIsSheik

Reviews: 1
Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:17 am
Adah says...

I think that you're lucky.
I had writer's block for about three months (that sounds terrible) and hadn't written anything besides few forced lines.
Maybe fanfiction writing would have helped but I have my rule never to use anyone's work :)
When looking back that was probably not smart.

Random avatar

Reviews: 223
Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:23 am
Mathy says...

Gah! Sounds terrible! I am sorry... :(

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk
ZeldaIsSheik

Reviews: 1
Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:56 pm
Adah says...

Every writer needs to find out if he's writing what he thinks others want to read, what they expect from him or if he's enjoying what he's writing.

I learned from my mistakes :)

456 Reviews

Reviews: 456
Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:20 am
View Likes
Horisun says...

I've been working on my first novel, and there have been some days where I spend hours writing without pausing, but there was one time in particular where every other line I had to pause and cringe at myself. A good way for me to get back in the writing zone is to turn on backround music.
She/Her

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:05 pm
Necromancer14 says...

I find that the beginning is really easy. I've heard that the end is also really easy. For me, and I think with people in general, it's the middle that's hard, and I've never gotten through a middle to see how hard the end is. (except in short stories, where there isn't really a middle, or if there is, it's usually miniscule)
Anyway, yes, I get writer's block, and it just gets worse the further into a story I go. I think it's because I don't plan out my plots well enough, so I get tangled and I don't know how to get my characters out of situations, or I need to get my characters into situations to advance the plot.
Dumbledore: "Now, it's great that you've been saving the school and all Harry, but unfortunately your grades have been a tad low, and, well... perhaps Gandalf could explain it better... hit it, Gandalf!

Gandalf: "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!"

You know how hard it is to feel like an extreme falcon-headed combat machine when somebody calls you "chicken man"?
— Rick Riordan, The Red Pyramid