110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:36 am
Zolen says...

Jinx from League of Legends

Morgan From Dragon age: Origins

Tali from Mass Effect

Sarah Kerrigan from Starcraft

Samus Aran From metroid (before the other M thing where she went from awesome, to boring and hypersexualized for no reason.)

Kat from Gravity rush

Chell from Portal

Jade from beyond good and evil

Alyx Vance from Half Life 2

Ellen from Folklore

Lilith and Gaige from Borderlands
Self quoting is the key to sounding wise and all knowing.

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:39 pm
View Likes
bellathebookworm says...

Wow, this is hard. But in the end, I have to pick...

Charlotte Mealswetski from The Shadow Thieves by Anne Ursu

It's not a very well known novel, but Charlotte is hilarious and incredibly brave. In the beginning, her life is completely, totally normal. She wasn't born on a special planet, she doesn't discover she has magical powers, and she doesn't inherit a magical kingdom. She's just Charlotte, and yet, she still manages to save the world with her cousin with her own wits and some fruit roll-ups.

If you haven't read this book, you have to read it. It's amazing!

60 Reviews

Reviews: 60
Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:44 pm
kingofeli says...

It's a tie between Chane Laforet and Grell Sutcliff
Chane's this amazing disabled character from the anime/light novel series Baccano! and she's totally badass. She stopped a bullet with her knife and has done all kinds of amazing things, and she's pretty to boot.
Grell, despite her poor writing for a trans character and poor treatment by the other characters, is a real tough cookie, and the creator has stated that she's the second strongest (physically) in the series behind Sebastian. She's in the series Black Butler/Kuroshitsuji
Feel free to just randomly message me, I get bored easily.

I'm a black, non-binary transgender boy, who is a Christian witch (tentative for now). I'm also a panromantic asexual. I sell poetry; contact me if you're interested in buying poems from me.

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1735
Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:12 am
View Likes
BluesClues says...

TriSARAHtops wrote:@blueafrica

MOXIE MALLAHAN

THANK YOU. That's it. (Hey, @Iggy, that's it. That's the journalist from All the Wrong Questions.)

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:20 am
View Likes
TriSARAHtops says...

*is posting again because there are so many more awesome female characters I want to rave about*

I'll definitely join the ranks of Violet lovers. She was pretty much my hero growing up.

There's Puck from The Scorpio Races. I'm in awe of her bravery and commitment. Not only is she the first girl to race in the annual Scorpio Races, she's also competing on her own horse, rather than the giant killer horses that the rest of the competitors are riding. She overcomes everything with resilience and strength, and her fierce, loyal personality makes her a fantastic character.

Isola Wilde from Fairytales for Wilde Girls is another. She's as weird as they come, and most of her friends are ghosts, but all that makes her pretty awesome.

Another character I adore is Alba, the protagonist of The Incredible Adventures of Cinnamon Girl, which is a very strange novel by Melissa Keil. I love her confidence - she'scompletely unafraid to be 100% herself, even despite all her uncertainties about her future. I also love the way she refuses to tolerate the behaviour of certain boys in her life, the fact that she calls them out for acting like bum-rags. :)

To be continued, probably.
if we wait until we're ready
we'll be waiting
for the rest of our lives

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:55 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

I am surprised that nobody mentioned Irene Adler! The only person who bested Sherlock Holmes.

Sally Kimball, because she can take down Bugs Meany in one punch.

I really like Jane Eyre, so thanks for mentioning her, @Cole!

Elizabeth Bennet is fab.

Tamora Pierce is awesome and I love Daine and Alanna.

Not really a book, but I want to give a shout out to Zoe, Inara, and Kaylee from Firefly.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:23 am
View Likes
beans says...

A "strong" female character doesn't necessarily have to be powerful or equivalent to a male... Just the fact that they have agency over what happens to them is a quality enough. That being said...

Samus Aran

Arya Stark

Lust (Fullmetal Alchemist)

Spartan Linda-058

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:27 am
Burrow says...

CJ of the great zoo of china
“The end of suffering does not justify the suffering, and so there is no end to suffering, what a mess I am, I thought, what a fool, how foolish and narrow, how worthless, how pinched and pathetic, how helpless."

~Extremely loud and incredible close

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:39 pm
Urba says...

it's
Elizabeth from pride and prejudice
Bella from Twilight
Grim from Splinter cell Blacklist
Sienna from inferno
Honey Lemon from Big Hero 6

I have others...I'll post them later
"Dancing slowly in an empty room
Can the lonely take the place of you
I sing myself a quiet lullaby
Let you go and let the lonely in
To take my heart again"
The Lonely-Christina Perri

1007 Reviews

Reviews: 1007
Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:00 pm
View Likes
TimmyJake says...

Am I the only person who loveees Katniss from Hunger Games? I'd have thought she'd have been mentioned a few times now. o.o

She's so awesome. :p
Used to be tIMMYjAKE

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:02 pm
Swiftfurthewarrior says...

I'm not sure about my favorite fiction characters. I do know a couple from video games.

Paine from FFX 2
She's the strong silent one in YRP. When the others get to know her, they find out she likes to tease people.
She was also a member of the Crimson Squad.

What's-her-face-I-can't-remember from Star Ocean. I think it was Nel.
Basically the same thing; she's a strong person who doesn't talk much.

In real life, my mom. She has a masters degree in math and teaches at Keiser. She taught me how to shop smart, make various kinds of dishes (mainly involving rice), and she loves to go on field trips as well as hiking.

Also, Pope Joan. She cared for the people of Rome more than her position.
Hi
Spoiler! :
Yes, I know I need a signature.

An author paints with words, an artist writes with paint.

232 Reviews

Reviews: 232
Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:23 pm
rainforest says...

@TimmyJake I love Katniss!
this account proudly supports lgbt rights

91 Reviews

Reviews: 91
Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:53 pm
FireBird99 says...

TimmyJake wrote:Am I the only person who loveees Katniss from Hunger Games? I'd have thought she'd have been mentioned a few times now. o.o

She's so awesome. :p

@TimmyJake Yes, my older brother loves her too. I'd say that it must be a guy thing but I like her also XD :P
One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.

I'm not quiet. I'm just plotting.

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:02 pm
View Likes
TriSARAHtops says...

...posting again! I really do love raving about characters, and would like to see some more traffic through this thread.

Okay, so I'll start with Glisselda, from Seraphina by Rachel Hartman. Don't get me wrong, I love the eponymous Seraphina, but there's just something about Selda that I completely adore. She's brave and intelligent, bubbly and kind too, and is just and all-round lovely person. I really love how she matures through the story, and goes from being the sweet, flighty princess to a much more mature, understanding person, all the while remaining a genuinely kind and loving character.

Liz Pennykettle from The Last Dragon Chronicles (at least I'm pretty sure that's the name of the series) by Chris d'Lacey. I kinda grew up with the books, from when I was ten to about fifteen, and even though theu got a little weird towards the end - the first three are the best, and The Fire Within is seriously the cutest books in the world - and although it's been a while since I last read these books, I still remember Liz as being rather sensational. Really caring, but also brave, I think I need to reread the books so my descriptions can do her justice.

I've spoken about the magnificent Deryn Sharp in this thread before, but Dr Nora Barlw, also from the Leviathan trilogy, is another epic female character. Super intelligent, canny and always well-dressed, Dr Barlow is a character who is interesting at first glance, and astounding at further thought. She's a woman in 1914 who is a scientist in a very respected field, she is able to pretty much control an airship, she has this charm and confidence, and unlike Deryn, she doesn't give up her femininity in order to achieve her goals. Plus, she has a pet thylacine, and thylacines are seriously beautiful and it makes me so sad that they're extinct (seriously, if you don't know what a thylacine is, google them, because they are stunning, although the video of the last one in captivity is one of themoat heartbreaking things).

Kestrel from The Winner's Curse. She's clever, calculating, and conscious of her skills and weaknesses. I found her fascinating to read about because she had this calculating intelligence, that made her really stand out as a character.
if we wait until we're ready
we'll be waiting
for the rest of our lives

huh. didn't realize santa was a batman fan-
— Mageheart